South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twittering - Sept. 19

Good morning! An early start for me today. All is quiet in the house but the rain is roaring down and that's what woke me up. It'll be a muddy paw day again so it's just as well I never got to scrubbing the kitchen floor yesterday!

I got some good news late yesterday - my DD is finally coming east for a visit! Mae lives on Vancouver Island and, with school, kids, work and tight $$$, has not been here since before I retired in 1998. I've been out there a lot but my little girl is coming for a Mom and Me visit of a week on Oct. 7! I'm delighted and excited and have a huge list of stuff I want to get done before then.

This afternoon Lucy and I go to Maple View for a monitored TheraPaws visit with two of the executive observing our behaviour! I'm sure we'll both be fine. I am not going to do the usual visit with Hershey at 5:30 because residents could be "over dogged". I guess I really should post this in the pet thread but my dogs are a huge part of my life. Pathetic, isn't it?

Come and chat! The is ready and I have tea and decaf too! to another good day on the !
Old 09-19-2006, 06:41 AM   #2  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Tuesday Morning all.

Ruth: That is so awesome that your dd is coming for a visit. I bet you are so excited and can't wait for that week to get here. I hope that all goes well. Good Luck today at Maple View - you and Lucy will do GREAT!!!!!!!

Well not much going on for me - at work (for the last hour) - a bunch of big meetings today so I have a lot to prep - but all will be fine - it makes the day go faster here.

It is also raining here AGAIN - but I guess we still need it - but it sure does make it hard to get out of bed - the dog doesn't help all curled up and nice and warm (the hubby too) the cat, another story - she still has her claws and every morning around 3:30 or 4 am she starts "needing" my feet, legs and arms for me to get up and feed her - it doesn't matter if there is food or not - time to get up and play!!! But I love her anyway (Ruth - I guess that should be in the pet thread too - but my pets are like my kids).

Well I must get back - Ruth - wish I could come over for a visit and a BIG cup of theat coffee!!!!! Send some my way in PA.

Hope you all have a GREAT day and that the sun continues to shine!!!!!
Rosalind
Old 09-19-2006, 06:42 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Faye - any word????? Has anyone found out how Jack's surgery went????

Still in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, that's wonderful that your DD is coming! How exciting for you, I bet you can hardly wait!

RMT, Good Morning! It's not raining here, yet, but we're supposed to get it around noon. Have a good day at work!

I'm anxious to hear how Faye's Jake made out, as well. Let's hope we hear from her today and all is well. I'm feeling much better today and my energy level is coming back. Maggie is still trying to shake this bug, it has really taken its' toll on her, poor little babe. So I'm heading over to their house shortly to care for her, Audrey will be in school all day, so it's just Maggie and me. It will be a quiet day of reading books and lots of cuddling, the best medicine there is.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #5  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Cottage- glad to hear the you are feeling better. I truly cherish the days that my dd and I get to cuddle - you are right - it is the best medicine in the world - for both the parent and child.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to say a quick "hi" as I scarf down my oatmeal and prepare to finish off a project this morning! Something I've been dying to get done for about 3 months! Of course, that means I'll have nothing to do at work for who knows how long, but it is such a relief to get it done!

I can't even remember what my ticker says but I think I've gained 2 lbs this month. I sprained my foot on Labor Day weekend and it's still hurting me daily--just walking on it still twinges and hurts. I MAY try to walk a little today with my walking buddy at work--I have missed our walks so much! But I also don't want to reinjure or anything. I can't blame the entire gain on my foot, though, I've also not been eating as responsibly as I could. For some reason I have gotten SO busy and it's taking a toll on me.

We did have some DELICIOUS chili on Saturday from a cooking light recipe--I will post the recipe if I can find it! Tonight we are having a sweet potato hash...yum!

Jessie
Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #7  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Jessie: What is Sweet Potato Hash? Sounds good - did you find that from here?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I have to share this with everyone. My dh came home yesterday, lifted up his shirt and said, "do these jeans look familiar?" I said, "hmm, I have a pair of jeans that same color." He said, "Yes and I don't. I got to work today and realized that I'm wearing your jeans."

How funny. a couple years ago it was obvious who's clothes were who's. Not anymore. I can almost wear his pants, not quite. It was so funny. Now he realizes how much weight I've lost.

Sarah
Old 09-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #9  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Sarah:

That is so funny!!!! Congrats on all of the loss - keep up the good work!!!!

Rosalind
Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #10  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

RMT, Here is the recipe, it's Rachael Ray. As long as you make appropriate substitutions it should be OK for Phase 2! Technically sausage isn't allowed, but a healthy turkey sausage (I love Jennie-O) is OK, I think.

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
1/2 pound bulk breakfast sausage, such as maple sausage
1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed clean, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, thinly sliced into 1/2 moons
1 large red onion thinly sliced, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder, 2/3 palm full
1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palm full
2 teaspoons ground coriander, 2/3 palm full
Salt and pepper
3 yellow vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, a palm full
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a few handfuls
1 cup grated manchego or extra-sharp Cheddar
1 tablespoon butter
4 large eggs

Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the breakfast sausage and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon into little chunks, brown sausage for 3 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and 3/4 of the chopped red onion to the sausage, season with chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, stir frequently and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes are nice and tender.

While the hash is cooking, in a small bowl combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, and the remaining chopped red onion, cilantro, lime juice and a little salt and pepper.

Once the hash is cooked, add the chopped parsley, stir to combine and transfer hash to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the cheese and cover with aluminum foil, the cheese will melt while you make the fried eggs.

Wipe clean the skillet you made the hash in, return it to the cook top over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, crack each of the eggs into the skillet, season with a little salt and pepper and fry to desired doneness. Eggs may, of course, be scrambled as well. As you like!

Transfer the fried eggs to the top of the hash, sprinkle with the fresh tomato salsa and serve. (4 servings)
Old 09-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #11  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Thanks Jessie - next time I go food shopping - I will have to make sure I get everything to make this!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - Interesting morning on the slacker front - Woke up at 630 to go to a weights class, tried to go back to sleep but since I was awake I went. Left 15 mins early to make it to a meeting at my office, but was glad that I went.

So my parents got divorced 2 years ago after 25 years of marriage and it's still really hard for me. My dad's girlfriend (ex) ironically works in my office and it's so difficult for me to get used to the idea of my dad being with someone aside from my mom. So the girlfriend is a total sweetheart but always shares way to much info with my about their relationship, as my dad is the opposite and pretty much mute about it all. He broke up with her apparently, and she came and gave me the whole story, about how he's the love of her life (mid-sentence she mad the comment that my dad had explained to her that I got uncomfortable hearing the details, i said "yes" and then she proceeded to continue). I didn't have the heart to stop her, she left in tears and as soon as she was gone I burst into tears.

I didn't want to hear he's the love of her life (he's the love my my mom's life too! darnit)

I didn't want to hear that they have this energetic connection and that neither of them has felt this way before.

I didn't want to hear any of it! And it's so freaking hard, still upset about it (obviously) -

It's about that time of the month for me so I'm sure that's playing into some of this.

That's my shpiel, sorry if I don't respond to everyone today, just sad. Don't feel like eating so atleast I'm not going to eat myself feeling better.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #13  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Sarah: So sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Just look on the brightside - it can only get better.

Glad you were comfortable enough with us to share - keep your head up!!!

Have a great day,
Rosalind
Old 09-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

haha yeah went and had Mexican food with my girlfriend as a result - man part of me is frustrated that I turned to food, other part doesn't care!

Got a taco salad with black beans so it's better than enchiladas but we also got queso - guessing it was prob a 900 calorie meal, so just means I'm not allowed to eat for the rest of the day, right?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Not feeling well today,had some kind of tummy ache last night and now I just feel blah!!!!!!!!!

Just came on this thread to let you know That I'm still here.& hopefully be back posting tomorrow.

Ruth-Happy that your finally going to have your DD visit you.

Sarah-Big Congrats on your weight loss. You're doing great

Jessie-Your another Rachael Raye fan,I love her show& have her book and its so easy to switch some of the ingredients to make the dish beach friendly.

Have a nice evening Hugs BB
Closed Thread