South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/177/140

Height: 5'2

Default I cheated... I feel so bad.

Well today is only day 4 for me, and I already cheated yesterday, I had some peanut butter crackers AND later on I ate some cheese fries... I feel so horrible about it, like I failed. I work 2nd shift, so dont get up til about noon and its hard to schedule meals. I was just eating when i got up, a small snack at work and then dinner at work. I dont know if i can count my lunch at work at 8:30pm as lunch and eat dinner when i come home around 1am. But i dont know what the rule is about eating before going to bed. Do I need to start all over since I cheated?? I wish i wouldnt of ate that.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #2  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

This is just my opinion, but I don't think B, L, & D have to be morning, noon, and evening meals. The meal you eat when you get up at noon should be breakfast, lunch at work, then dinner and dessert at home. Don't forget your "morning" and "afternoon" snacks...whenever that time may fall. Do you go straight to bed when you get home or are you up for awhile?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/145

Oh now don't feel bad - that doesn't help at all. I think we've all cheated from time time and unless you're Superwoman it's bound to happen once in a while. Kicking myself was my worst habit, I'd make one mistake and beat myself up and give up. Try to think of it as just one misstep in your day. When I start feeling down, I remind myself that I ate bad for maybe 1 hour - I still have 23 hours in the day and I decide if I'm going to eat bad or good through the rest of them. It's still in your control...you are woman, hear you roar! lol!

As far as meals go, I tend to eat lots of little meals with no rhyme or reason as far as time. I friend teased me the other day because she said I'm eating all the time and it's never normal stuff at normal times. I just smiled and said "thank you!" (I kinda like throwing doubting Thomases off, ha!) It's your life - make it work for you. Make it fun. Besides, what order you eat food in isn't going to hurt anything in the end.

Hang in there - you can do this!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi, I understand about cheating we all have been there. But with ph1 you can't cheat, so you need to start again that is because it is the detox stage. Just keep going, and start today as day 1 again. Trust me we have all been there.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Default Don't kick your self

I agree with Jetsetter...meal time can be at the times you make it with your job...We all have different times for meals.

Main thing is remember we are all here to help each other.

Each day is a new beginning...
In fact each moment can be a new beginning! Drop the fact you cheated and go forward from that time...Don't wait until tomorrow, go forward now!
Good luck and Best Wishes...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #6  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

The way I try to look at it is that every slip up is a chance to renew my dedication to my program. Going off plan for a day -- or even longer -- doesn't mean you've failed. It means you went off plan for a bit.

You can do this! (And yeah, I'd restart Ph 1, too.)
Old 01-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Let's just call it "slippage" - it happens to us all, even the most dedicated Beachers. Just go back and start over making sure you are eating enough of the right stuff like 4½ cups of good veggies, legumes and dairy.

Good luck but rely on planning and skill.
Closed Thread