South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat - Sept. 15

Good morning! The coffee is on and I seem to really need it this morning. I was awake until after 12 and still woke at 5! This may be a day for an afternoon nap again.

Lucy loved her visit to see H. yesterday! She got right up on the bed to kiss and cuddle. She's going to be just fine as a TheraPaws visitor.

It's wet and gloomy today but they promise decent weather for the weekend. I sure hope they are right as I need to get at fall cleanup! When I'm not on the road, I've been catching up on paperwork and clothing sorting indoors but I need more fresh air that isn't 100% water!

What's happening chez toi?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:09 AM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

That's me today. This week is catching up with me. I have another day of going in from 7-9 and then finishing my manual, the first draft anyway. I'm hoping to catch a nap in there somewhere. I've felt refreshed every other morning this week but today I'm just pooped.

Not much new to report here. Ruthie, sounds like you're going to be tired too. At least I didn't get that little sleep. I don't know if it's going to rain or not because it's just plain dark out. I don't like this "getting up when it's dark" thing. Hopefully your rain stops soon! Maybe it's time to find out exactly how large a cubit is.

Enjoy your CAWFEE and have a great day!

Lisa
Old 09-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I went to bed at 10, but woke up at 11:30, and had a restless night since then. I'm needing my coffee this am badly, too. I don't know why I couldn't sleep, I was completely wiped out by last night.
My poor little Maggie was really sick yesterday, alternating between diarrhea and vomiting. We were at the point of taking her to the Emergency room for fluids, when she started being able to take sips of water and keep it down. By last evening she was asking for something to eat, so Cindy was making her some dry toast when I left. I hope the worst is over and she's feeling better today. I haven't gotten a phone call yet, so that's encouraging.

TGIF! We don't have too much planned for the weekend. We're supposed to go to Jake's sister's birthday party on Sunday, I really don't want to go, but I guess I have to. Tomorrow is Community Day in our little town, so we'll probably walk over to the park for the festivities. There's going to be a flea market and book sale that I want to go to, then in the evening they're having a lawnchair movie, Ice Age II. The grandkids will probably be up, so that would be fun for them, and Jake, too. He loves those Ice Age movies!

I'm not getting anything ready for supper tonight. I made Ethiopian Spicy Chicken in the crockpot yesterday, and there's some of that left, but I'm hoping Jake will want to go out instead. A dinner out would be a nice way to end this work week.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! I guess I am going to have to tackle the deck, patio furniture and grill today. At least it is cool, not too cool not too warm this morning. I am going to head out for my walk as soon as it is totally light around here. I need to be back by 8 to call that stupid mailman about my mail and I want to get the deck and everything cleaned early since it is going to warm up to mid 80's today.

We had what Jack calls mutant chickens in the crockpot last night and they turned out yummy. I stripped the skin but still used the spices for rotisserie chicken and put about half can ff chicken broth in the bottom of crockpot to use as basting. Jack had mashed potatoes and I just had veggies and we enjoyed it all around. I have gotten back into crockpot cooking and I really like it. I make a lot of stuff that way and though I don't have a job or a lot of running around that I do, it is still nice to put everything in it and not mess up a bunch of pots and pans nor have to watch it constantly.

Ruth: How big are your dogs? I bet Harry just loved having his girls there yesterday. Is he settling in ok? My bil has MS and now has to live in a nursing facility and since my sister threw a huge hissy fit and they have fitted him for a proper wheelchair and are doing PT everyday, he is able to be up and about and play cards and use the computer etc and not be flat on his back in bed all day. He has even regained a little mobility he lost from being in a bed 24 hours a day for almost a year before they finally started doing PT with him everyday.

Ok, I fudged and promised myself I wouldn't get on the scales until the end of my first week, which is Monday, but I did and I am down 10 lbs!!!!! Except for not sleeping well (nothing to do with the diet and everything to do with the stress level,) the first 3 days having a caffeine withdrawal headache, and some overall body aches for a couple days that was awful I am fit as a fiddle. I do find it hard to get in all the veggies, but I work hard at it and don't replace them with something I am not supposed to have, which I would have done most other times.

Jack is going to shampoo the dining room carpet this evening and I am finishing up the cleaning today and tomorrow, going to the grocery store and picking up breakfast stuff for company then I will be ready for the on slaught come tomorrow night. We still don't know if my son and dil are going to be coming down this weekend or will have to wait until after the surgery to come see his dad, but if we don't hear today we will call them in the morning and find out what they have decided. Unfortunately, he just started a new job about 3 weeks ago so he may not be able to get the time off because they just wrapped up a long trade show and he has to get the leads followed up. I sure could use a big hug from my grandson, but haven't seen him in a few weeks now.

Well, gals, I need to get out and walk and come back and make me some breakfast. It is scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and veggie juice for me with my glass of sf citrucel and a vitamin this morning! Have a good morning all and will check back in a little later when everyone is up and going.

Faye
Old 09-15-2006, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmm, Faye, your breakfast sounds good! I think I'll make some scrambled eggs for a change, with a ww English muffin. CONGRATULATIONS on losing 10 lbs your first week! WOW! You are doing just great, Faye! Keep it up!

Weezle, I hope your day goes well. Do you have off this weekend? It sounds like you could use a couple days to recuperate.

Ruth, that was so sweet, how Lucy greeted Harry! I bet it did wonders for him! So nice that you had a good visit with him and came away feeling good. I think this move will be good for both of you.

Cindy just called, and Maggie is on the mend! She slept through the night and was hungry for breakfast, so that's good. We're going to keep her on a BRAT diet today, just to make sure this bug is OUTTA HERE!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Default Wrung out & ready for the Weekend!

Good morning all!

I'm up and getting ready for work much later than I wanted to be. I was so determined to get up and go to Curves yesterday and today - nada each time! Couldn't move, it's like I'm frozen in bed, staring at the alarm clock, knowing time is ticking away, but unable to move. Sigh.

****... I just got a call from my boss telling me he would be in late, and then asking if I was on my way to exercise. I think he is more excited than I am about me exercising! He's a good boss, though.

I have lost 6 lbs in the last few weeks, mostly from a new diabetic med I'm on, as I've only been eating sorta SBD. I'm trying to use up all the food I have in the house first, can't make myself throw it away, costs to darn much! I have a lot of frozen meals, pasta, etc. The pasta I can parcel out in phase II, of course, but the rest I need to use up. I know it's frozen, but when I go SBD I don't want to have it sitting around to get me OP. The last time I did SBD I lost 35 lbs, was doing great and then ate a teeny weeny bit of ice cream and cake at a niece's B-day party, and I totally go derailed.

If I can make it today & tomorrow, I'm free for 8 days. Can't wait, I'm goin to use it to READ!!!!!!!!! Besides cooking, that is my favorite past-time. I'm also going to do some fall cleaning, but it will have to fit in around the reading and some time spent with my nieces & nephews.

Yesterday I served a Search and Seizure Warrant. It was so sad. I seized three Pit Bulls, two adults and a puppy. The adult female was chained on barely 1 foot of chain so that she couldn't even stand up! When we released her, I discovered Thai she was injured severely in the right leg, so much so that if she attempted to stand, she would flop over and thrash around.

The male dog was covered in scars and wounds - both dogs had obviously been used in a dog fighting ring. In Arkansas you must SEE the dog fighting in action in order to prosecute. That's hard to do, as they always have "watchers" out when doing a fight. The puppy was fat and sweet, with no idea the horrible life ahead of her with these owners.

Despite the fact that we seized them, the owners could still reclaim them, if they want to pay high fines and have them all sterilized and tattooed as banned breed dogs, and then remove them from the city - Bully Breed dogs are illegal in the city that I work in.

I'm hoping that the owners won't reclaim them, it is so sad to see these dogs in this condition - but I run warrants every week, and this is not unusual. It does get discouraging, though.

Otherwise, it's going to be a beautiful day! Hope yours is, too.

Jules
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Hope it's OK to join in your chat.

Today is my day off since I have to work this weekend, so I got up a little late and am just now having my coffee. I was feeling lazy and thinking about skipping breakfast but I read this thread and you all have just inspired me to stay on it. So I've got a couple faux sausage rounds in the oven and am about to go fry an egg.

Today is mainly an errand and relaxing day - laundry, vacuuming, reading - but I'm also going to head out this morning and buy a scale. I know it's best to go by how I feel and how my clothes fit, but I'd like to have a numerical way of tracking this as well.

Jules, it must be so hard to see animals treated that way. Do many owners take their dogs back?

Faye, congratulations on losing 10lbs!

OK, the oven timer just went off so I'm going to go finish making my breakfast and get started on my day. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Have to make this short as we're expecting rain this morning I would like to get my walking in before it starts.

Nothing new except that I'm going to the senior center & practice with the singers today.We started last week but Leo & had to go to the doctors ,so today will be hassle trying to get all the songs from the music monitor,to put in my binder,if they still have it as I have absent for almost a whole year,taking Leo back & forth to the cancer center.

Will be back later

Hugs BB
Old 09-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #9  

Wow there were ladies posting while I was and I missed them. Good morning to you too!!

Jules: It makes me sick how humans treat their pets. If you don't want to love them then don't have them. Our area is rampant with what you call bully breeds. It is some kind of status symbol here among certain groups. They could care less about them other than they are mean. It is so sad. I had an incident just a couple months ago that soured me so much I don't even take our dog walking in our complex anymore. He is a little yorkie and is quiet and pretty timid. One of my neighbors has a big chow, barking, jumping on you, threatening, etc. I took Fortune out in the morning and saw one of my elderly neighbors walking her poodle and shihtzu. I stopped to talk a minute because she adores Fortune. Well this dog came out of no where and jumped right on Fortune. It terrified him so I picked him up. The owner came up to me and I said that Fortune was not used to other dogs and was scared of them. She got snotty and said if I was going to walk him he had better get used to other dogs. I told my elderly friend goodbye, told the other one it wasn't necessary for him to get used to other dogs if he wasn't threatening them and wasn't there a LEASH law, walked home and went inside. That afternoon her sister came to the door and when Jack answered ask if we had a yorkie. He said yes and she said "I want you to bring it out to me because someone stole my dog." Jack told her NO that we have had him for 4 years and her sister knew it and so did the other neighbors. He wasn't showing her anything. She called the cops on us and Jack told them they weren't coming in the house unless they had a warrant that she was harrassing us because I'd had words with her sister earlier about her dog being unleashed. We brought them all his shot records, a picture of him and I even picked him up and stood in the doorway so they could see him but we wouldn't take him outside. One of the cops asked us for ID for heaven's sake and Jack gave him his military retired ID. The cop backed off immediately apologizing saying he was sorry to bother us. Come to find out, one, her dog had a bad eye and they could see Fortune was fine even though they continued to hassle us and two he backed off because come to find out he was a retired army MP!!! I guess it is being snotty, but I refuse to do anything but acknowledge her if I pass her on the sidewalk. The really sad thing is the woman with the dog is bipolar and one day when I was going to the pool she was lying out on the sidewalk naked except for a thin silk hip length robe. She had her legs spread out and her breasts wer out of your robe She was talking gibberish though she knew me and said something about me being a beached whale! Her sister was there and I went over and tried to help get her up and back into her sister's SUV because the woman had locked herself out of her house. I even offered to go get my cell phone so she could call someone for her or call 911 then about a week later they acted like this. (Since you are such an animal lover I am including my baby below) Don't ever sneeze at 6 lbs. Loss is loss and congrats.

Cottage: Oh I bet you are so glad she is feeling better. Now if they can both just stay that way and not reinfect. Your community day sounds like fun. We have festivals all over the place here all the time, but there is nothing like small town stuff. I miss that about the town I grew up in.

Weezle: We all have the poop outs today. Maybe it is because it is Friday, do you think. Good luck with the manual and keep em high and tight...... (sorry after all our bra talk yesterday I guess I got carried away.... )

Everyone have a great day. I have to call the post office and go three rounds with them about where my mail is

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-30-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #10  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies - only have a minute as work is crazy this morning (again) not too much going on this weekend hopefully relax a little bit.

Sounds as if everyone is off to a good start today - hope you all enjoy your TGIF
Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #11  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 262/231/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all, I'm new here and love the idea of morning check-ins. I'm at work and can't stay long. Just wanted to say Hi. FAYE, what are you doing to have a 10lb weight loss in one week?? Please share. I have stalled and actually at my weigh-in this morning, I had gained 3 lbs. boo hoo. I'm just ill about it. I'll get over it and keep moving on. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. See ya around. BaDONKadonk.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #12  

Hey chickies! It's back I am! Back to the boards and to the Beach, after a summer of equal-opportunity eating (I did not discriminate, if it was food and looked yummy, it went in my mouth). LUCKILY, I did not really undo six months of healthy eating and dropping over 80 pounds. I gained back some weight, about five pounds. But it's gone now, after nearly a week on Phase 1. I must have put on purely water weight, which is fine by me!

Ruth -- I used to love afternoon naps! I sometimes take them on weekends when I'm babysitting my niece. She goes down for a little snooze and so do I!

beachbum -- Hey to my fellow Bay Stater ... it's nice and sunny in Boston, hope it gets down your way!

LitChick -- Hi there ... the Lit in my screen name refers to my love of reading, too!

birdlover -- that's awful, I don't like to think of animals being mistreated, I definitely couldn't handle it as a job, even if I were rescuing them.

ME -- I won't lie, chickies, the first few days of getting back to Phase 1 were rough. I had a lot of sugar and carbs in my system and I kept getting these awful cravings for muffins. Detoxing has been seriously tough. I even made a four-bean salad to help me through and I really don't like beans (except green and wax). But so many gals here say it's great for the hungries. And you know, with vinegar and Splenda, it's not so bad! I added broccoli and onions for a little variety, too.

But I can feel those physical cravings slipping away now -- finally! I'm just concerned about the weekend, when I go to my parents' house. They have mostly diet-type food there, but it's more Weight Watchers and fat-free stuff full of sugar. Or fruit and low-carb bars that I'm trying to stay away from right now. Oh, well. A couple years ago, their fridge would have been jampacked with ice cream and sugary sodas. We've all tried to be better of late, though.

Have a great day, everyone! Nice to see lots of new Chicks posting!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I'm home now and procrastinating. I REALLY don't want to work on this manual today but I have to have a first draft done by tonight. Hopefully it all comes together nicely for me. PRAY.

I don't have the weekend off. Imagine that. I've worked Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, work tomorrow, do the final draft of this manual on Sunday (my day off,) and work Mon-Wed. We'll see if I get Thursday off next week. Just depends on the stupid construction they're doing on my store that's not going to EVER be done.

Faye, the girls are hiked up! I have a waist that I never knew about because the girls were in the way. Amazing! And 10 lbs is awesome! Congratulations! I'm a religious daily weigher... I have to have positive reinforcement, and I also know that if I don't check myself every day, I might stray just a little here and there and once I do weigh in, I'll have gained or gotten stuck. It works for me. I'm down another pound today, making it 4 since Monday.

Badonkadonk, just your screen name makes me giggle. I'm a yankee, so I had to have it explained to me exactly what a "badonkadonk" is because some guy sings that Honkeytonk Badonkadonk song at karaoke.

Sunlit, welcome back! My summer of fun and guilty pleasures is over too, so time to drop some more weight this winter. I TOTALLY understand.

Summer just killed me. I was hoping to be the same weight for Molly's wedding September 29th as I was for my friend Luke's wedding in March. Of course, I found out only last month that Molly was getting married... emergency wedding and all. I have 5 lbs to go but only two weeks. Eek. That might be pushing it a little bit, especially since I don't really have tons of time to exercise as I do nothing but work.

Sigh.... FINE. I'll go work on my stupid manual. Quit shoving. I'm going already. Really... I am...

I'll check in later chickiedoodles. Have a great Friday!

Lisa
Old 09-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #14  

Sheesh, now I know why I have been putting off cleaning the deck. What a job and I even crapped out on trimming the bushes. That trimmer thing kills my arms to use because it vibrates so much. I did get the grill, patio set, windows washed, and deck sprayed down so it looks a lot better. I would love to have new chair cushions, but that is wayyyyyyyy down the list of things we need.

Badonk: Well for one thing I gave up sugared sodas cold turkey and that probably took off a lb considering how many I drink. I have always lost weight quickly no matter what I do because when you go from huge number of calories everyday and skim them back by probably half or more you lose weight fast. I will slow down around 50 lbs down to a lb or so a week probably. Oh and welcome. These are great ladies all ages, all marital status, all weights so you will have lots in common with somebody that is for sure!

Weezle: I had to laugh out loud. You little thing saying you just found your waist. I haven't seen my feet in years and just have to assume they are still there! I am a cross between the Michelin man and the Pillsbury dough boy! I have a little tiny crane I use to keep my puppies up. Congrats on the lb losses too WOOHOO!

Sunlit: Welcome back! You are going to love being back here.

I actually had something go right! They said I put a hold on my mail, which I didn't, but he says he has the paperwork and will bring it by when he delivers my stack of mail today. I told him I was accusing him of doing anything wrong, I was just worried about where my mail was. I don't care as long as it is all there. I have birthday money in that stack of mail and there are some leather handbags calling my name!

Have a beautiful day ladies. It is gorgeous here warm and sunny! When my deck chairs dry I may just go outside and sit and read.

Faye
Old 09-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies -
I'm super tired today, didn't sleep very well last night, BF was out late and it's hard for me to sleep if I know he's still out and about ,nonetheless got up and did 45 mins on the eliptical even though I set it for 60 - but was one of those workouts where I was like "Ok Sarah just make it to 30 mins" so I made it to 30, then was like "Ok Sarah just make it to 45" so I made it to 45 and that was enough for me -

Have a fun weekend planned, going to Yoga and dinner with my dad tonight, hiking with my sis tomorrow, UT's playing tomorrow evening - trying to limit my drinking this weekend cause that always leads to binging for me but it is SO HARD when you're watching football not to get caught up -

Really working on just taking it one day at a time (as I've been saying this week), proud of myself for making it through yesterday eating healthily and getting my exercise in, now if I can just do today...

Ruth - Chez moi je suis fatiguee. Mais c'est vendredi!

Weezle - Hang in there, I wonder if work would be less harrowing if you got just a quick 30 min workout in although I know what it's like when you just truly don't have time!

Faye - Glad your loose chickens tasted delicious! Good luck with your chores... 10 pounds is awesome! You should change your ticker!

Cottage - yaaay, kick that nasty bug to the curb!

Jules - That is so sad! I hate to see animals mistreated! I put animals and children in the same category and then adults one category below...

Beach Bum - Way to get your exercise in! I know there are times when I would have used the rain as an excuse not to go.

RMT - Dont' forget to breathe and have a great weekend yourself!

BaDONKadonk - You are so smart if you can not let a couple of pounds get you down - I'm sure you've heard all the reasons why one can retain poundage

Sunlit - That is GREAT that you were able to keep it off all summer! Welcome back!
Closed Thread