South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #16  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

get a cooler for work and some ice packs... i have a coleman 30 can cooler that holds ice for 72 hrs i just had some ice cold yogurt that was packed over 6 hrs ago,....
Old 09-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #17  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies...reluctant to post lately because I've been doing disgustingly. A. We have had NO money to buy groceries and so been eating what's in the fridge--not necessarily healthy. B. I sprained my foot last Sunday and so I can hardly walk, let alone exercise. I had been walking every afternoon at work and I miss that! Boo!

I don't know but I just feel so down right now. I feel like a lump on a log because I can barely move and I know I need to get back into eating healthfully but I can hardly remember how. I am not eating awful things, just more than I should be, Frankenfood things...sigh!!! I need some encouragement! Things at work are really hard right now. I spent all last week being bored out of my mind and all today being condescended by the editor in chief from you-know-where who apparently thinks I have no idea how to do my job. WAHHHHHH!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #18  

Just time for a quick Hi! Work has been nonstop today. Not a single break. Tonight we have a den meeting where I need to work with the boys on flag folding. I had to refresh myself on it. The only flag I had was the one from my Dad's casket. It's a BIG flag! Part of the reason why work was so busy is I have a vacation day tomorrow. That means I'll be spending the morning helping out with Cub Scout leadership training. Then a quick lunch and a dental cleaning. I HOPE to spend a little time at the gym and then throw together a fast dinner before I go off to a meeting with all the Cub Scout summer camp directors for next summer's camp. The meeting is so far away that I'll need to leave at least 45 minutes early.

I DID get in 40 minutes at the gym yesterday. Not as much as I'd have liked but I got stuck at work.

rebel - Hi! I tried to post a message yesterday to you but it went off in never never land and then I ran out of time. I hate it when I only have time to lurk.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #19  

Well, it is a done deal now. Jack has surgery on Monday the 18th. We have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM! Gals, his surgeon is HOT! He is totally gorgeous and young! I would imagine he is about 2-3 years or so older than my son. He was so great answered all our questions and when Jack ask him what his risk was, Dr Powell told him that with Jack's good health, his age (56,)the fact he has a good strong heartbeat and the fact they can take his two mammary arteries in his chest and don't have to cut his leg or whatever to harvest, his death or other risk is about 1%! I almost verbally let out a sigh! I guess I thought the risk would be a lot higher. He explained exactly what they were going to do, how long it would take, time in ICU then overall hospital stay etc. He was just great. Even though he is young he has been doing this surgery for 5 years (I asked him how long he had been doing this and how long he had been a doctor!) He was great and not offended at all. He told us anything we wanted to know.

Jessie darlin: You can do this. If you can't eat more expensive healthier foods right now, try to get a little extra exercise in, just an extra walk or something, besides it releases endorphins so it makes you feel good. I lived that life for 30 years so I know what it is like. We are on a budget tighter than a fat ladie's girdle right now and am having company here come Saturday night. I only have SBD food and the "extras" I bought for Jack ie taco shells tonight while I have the taco bake I made some tacos for him and only enough for us two. I had to go out and buy a big roast and a big bag of carrots to put in the crockpot Monday so we can have dinner when we get home from the hospital then I bought an extra package of round steak to make swiss steak in the crockpot and augratin potatoes for them. If they stay any longer they are going to be on their own because payday isn't until Friday. I have cleaned out my credit cards, my savings and my bank account to pay all our bills for 3 months so we aren't delinquent on anything so we are pretty broke. I just want you to know something. Just because you aren't able to do well, you need to come here and visit with us. If you don't feel like talking with a lot of people, pm me and I will send you my email and we can talk. You need us other chubbies around you to help you!

Second day of success on SBD:
BREAKFAST:
2 overeasy eggs
2 slices turkey bacon
6 oz tomato juice

SNACK:
Missed it because we were at the doctor;s

LUNCH:
2 dill pickle spears
3 olives
2 slices boiled ham with 1 triangle laughing cow spread on each and rolled up

DINNER:
Taco bake (ground sirloin, beans, lowfat cheese, lettuce, ff sour cream, black olives, tomato
1/2 c sugar free fat free vanilla pudding

Water for each meal, vitamin and citrucel this morning

Gotta go and clean up the dinner mess and fold clothes. I am on a power cleaning now that my sil and niece will be here Saturday night!

Faye
Old 09-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Faye, Hurray that Jack finally got a confirmed date for his surgery! Now we'll all be praying and rooting for him. Looking at your menu for today, be careful not to consume too much salt. Your lunch sounded good, but pretty high in sodium to me. Also, you need to add more veggies, at least 4 1/2 cups a day. Other than that, it sounds like you have things pretty much under control!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Angry Armadillo's = 2, Animal Control = 0

Those darn 'dillos! Urggg!! Set more traps and ran the two that I had out already - all the bait was gone, and nary an armadillo one. Blast! I'll get you, my pretties! Just you wait!

That was the start of my day - now, one extra large frustrating day later, I'm trying not to medicate with chocolate. I have some small packs of dark chocolate almonds that I think I'm going to nurse along all night - some of the pleasure without too much guilt, as I'm not "officially" on the beach yet.

If I can just make it to Sunday I have EIGHT glorious days off! But first I have to teach a Canine CPR class at our annual Bark in the Park fundraiser. Have you ever done CPR on a dog? No? It can be done, just very carefully, they can come out of it biting! I've even done the Heimlich on a goose - and it resuscitated, by golly! However, even cat-lover that I am (I have 5), you really, REALLY have to love your cat to attempt rescue breathing or CPR on one! I don't know, kitty had better be seriously down before I'm gonna try that one!

I know that there are a lot of dog and cat lovers out there, so here is a link, if you are interested, to how to do animal CPR:

I put a (fairly) lean pot roast in overnight last night, but as it went on about midnight, it wasn't quite done when I got up this am. So I stuck it in the fridge, and am finishing it off in the Crockpot tonight. It got me to thinking, though. Wouldn't it be great to have an overnight BREAKFAST meal in a Crockpot? Just get up and have at it! So I googled the idea, and this is what I came up with (well, it WAS a quick google):

Southwestern Breakfast Casserole: http://www.recipegoldmine.com/crockp...ockbreak7.html

To SB-ize it, substitute Turkey Sausage and Smart Balance Butter

I'm going to try it this week.

SunnyBunny - I'm aimin' to follow in your footsteps! Great job on the wt loss! I hope I will be fast behind you.

gma2one - our prayers are with you and Jack both, this will be a stressful week, I'm sure we will all hold you up and be thinking about you guys!

'Gnight all! I'm planning to go to bed early tonight.
Closed Thread