Phase II Friendly Pizza Dough

• Ok, have we ever come up with a diffinitive...really good pizza dough???

The last time I did SBD the doughs were heavy and not too good. Although now I have a Kitchenaide mixer, so that may make all the difference.

My birthday is this weekend and I am having pizza one way or another...screw the cake...give me pizza

What are your favorite recipes?
  • SunnyB, there's some bread recipes in the Misc section of P2 that might help you.. I don't know what the diff is between making bread or pizza dough but it's a start...
    I make eenybeeny pizza's using sourdough or WW English muffins...it gives me that breadiness, crusty crispness that I sometimes crave...

I've had the SB pizza's ...not tooo bad, but a real scarce treat is a DiGiornio Harvest WW crust pizza... that's realllll good!
  • I like to use Whole wheat pita bread. I spread Ragu pizza sauce on it and some RF mozzarella. I then put Canadian bacon or ham as well as mushrooms and onion and then melt the cheese in the oven.

I also love portobello mushroom pizza but the pita bread ones are faster for Cub Scout nights.
  • oooh that's a good idea Barb! Does the Pita get crispy?
  • Mine gets pretty crispy, Schatzi. Of course I use the small ones. It might take longer for a full size one to crisp. The small one is ready in 10 minutes in a 400ºF oven.