South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:35 PM   #1  
Selftitled Pirate Captain

Default Finally de-lurking (new girl!)

Hi!
I have been reading these forums for a long time (through countless failed "Phase One"'s and a million "I'll start next week."'s) and this weekend was a weekend that made me step back and realize that my weight is getting out of control. This weekend I actually ate so much I got sick and then today when I was feeling a little better I ate more and made myself sick again. Since I have gained these 50 pounds ( the past 3 or so years) I have been letting my eating habbits run wild. It made me realize that I am letting food decide my moods and feelings and it scared me. I don't know if South Beach is the diet for me but I am ready to give it a serious try and not quit after 3 days or 4 days or 6 or 10.

It scares me how much I let food control me and how I live and I need to stop before I make myself unhealthy or damage myself beyond repair. Right now, diet and excercise can help me and I need to make a serious effort before my bloodpresure and cholesterol shoot through the roof (moreso than it is now.. ).

So, tomorrow I will start Phase I and I will try my damndest and I will do it for me. I work with children (6 weeks to 7 years) and I need to keep up with them and keep up with my friends and family. I am 24 and I don't want to be the one who always starts walking first or always has to push the bike up the hill or the first one to get pelted with every color of the rainbow in paintball. I want to be a better me and I would really love to get to know you ladies and gents and maybe even share success (I hope!).

I hope I haven't bored anyone to tears and I really hope to make some friends here and lose weight and be a better me.

-Sailbythestars
Old 08-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I know how you feel. I've become sickened by my eating lately, and that's what's keeping me in it. I grew up feeling ashamed if I ate to much. I think when I got married and had kids, there was too much instant gratification. I'm trying to open my eyes and be concious.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #3  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Welcome!

I'm just finishing my third week on SB and have found it to be easily adapted to my lifestyle and to follow. The fact that I have made it through my 3rd week is a major victory, because on other plans, I would make it through week one or two, but then give up. But this seems like something that I could do for the rest of my life. The only thing I was unprepared for was the fact that I "stalled" this week. It looked like I was going to gain, but I stuck to the plan anyway, and didn't end up gaining. Yay! So, I am in uncharted territory now, a fourth week of eating healthy! I think my body went into shock...
Old 08-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #4  

:welcome3 Sail: We'll support and you on darlin!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #5  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome from me too!

for recommitting. Just reading these boards keeps me motiviated to keep trying - maybe not always "perfect" but at least in the game. As someone said earlier, loosing a little is much better than gaining a little (or alot).

Closed Thread