South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #16  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default water news

This is from the Daily Dish, the newsletter from the SB diet website. It was also posted in the forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82843

By the way, I lost all the weight I was gaining during the week, so this week is a draw. Ok. So I didn't end up with a gain. Just taking time to adjust??? Who knows. It's just always been so hard to lose weight for me that I even fear trying anymore, afraid of getting my hopes up....again.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 212//196/150

Height: 5' 1"

Sue, I know what you mean. I have made my body lose almost 100 lbs. twice in my life, once on a liquid fast and once by gastric bypass. I come from a "fat gene" family on top of it. I think my metabolism is really messed up. I am feeling confident with this program and with the support from the forum, I can be a more healthy me.

Karen S.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Have you been tested for PCOS? I don't know much about it just that it makes it really hard to lose weight.

Are you taking any medications? Do you come from a large family in general?

I know how difficult and challenging it is when you don't lose the weight expecially when you've done everything by the book. After I lost down to 160 I haven't been able to lose any in 2 years. Occassionally I give up and return to eating not-so-good-for-me foods and less vegetables, but then I start to feel bad and return to eating healthy.

I grew up in the suburbs of KCMO and my family are still in the area. Small world.

Sarah
Old 08-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #19  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

I do take medications, but we (my doctor and I) made sure that the ones I take do not cause weight gain. I have been on some in the past that did, and insisted that we find alternatives that did not. I do come from a large family. I physically take after my father's family. My grandmother was 300 lbs+ her whole life and ended up with Type II diabetes and my father, who has been big all his life, was just diagnosed with diabetes too. So it is very hard for me to lose and keep weight off. My sister has PCOS but I have not been tested. I just had a physical and I don't think she tested me for it. I probably should do research on the symptoms and see if there is anything I need to bring to her attention. Unfortunately, we accept things as "normal" just because we are used to them, you know what I mean?
Closed Thread