3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Bread update (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/91217-bread-update.html)

my3bibs 08-09-2006 11:01 PM

Bread update

I also found today that eating the bread I bought makes me have episodes of low blood sugar when I get hungry....and I was hungry all day....which hasn't happened since being on the beach.

I am also having serious cravings.....could be TOM approaching but I can't help but associate it with the bread....

And I am sorry I don't remember who said it.....but you are right PepFarm still has a high sugar count even of it is not added sugar and I think it is a trigger for me.

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLY Apppreciate everyone's support and advice....
I have invested too much time and effort to myself and the beach to let it go now....
But I keep thinking if I was on WW I could have all those things.......

QuilterInVA 08-10-2006 04:23 PM

If you were on WW Core you could have NO bread. I'll take healthy eating over counting points for junk any day. Hated counting and didn't do well. Feel greal on SBD.

beachgal 08-10-2006 06:23 PM

my3, I'm so glad you're sticking with it and learning new things about your body! :cheer:

About your WW thoughts: when we're away from something, we tend to think of only the good things, like that you could have lots of other foods. We don't think of the bad things, but there must be some, or you'd be on WW right now. Why aren't you on it? What is it, for you, that is a bad thing about WW? Think about those things too...for me, I definitely liked having the ability to eat all that stuff, but when I did, I couldn't stick to my points. :o I just can't eat sugar and diet...it doesn't happen. It was so nice to do SBD and realize that it wasn't that I didn't have enough willpower, it was that I was eating things that took my willpower away!

Try other kinds of bread...you may find some that are fine for you...I'd be surprised if you didn't! Pepp Farm is still very processed. Maybe a local bakery to you makes WW? Wegmans, our local grocery, has several kinds of WW. My local bakery makes WW bread and rolls, too. Check into it. Ezekial 6:9 sprouted bread has no sugar at all, other than what exists in grains. There's lots of options! :)

susanb1960 08-10-2006 09:02 PM

I agree with beachgal and the others. I have tried Weight Watchers for what seems like 100 times. I have been fat all my life and first tried WW at 13. My mom was a leader. It is a wonderful diet and life plan BUT I can't stay on it any longer. And after following SBD for a little over a month and a half I know WHY! It's not that I don't have will power...it was the food I was eating that was making me CRAVE MORE!

If someone had told me two months ago that I could eat ONE piece of bread and be satisfied and not really want anymore AND lose weight...I would have thought they were smoking crack! :) Bad analogy but true for me.

The first two weeks were pretty hard...but I don't have the cravings any more. Although I still fight in my head about it....it is MUCH easier to convince ME I don't need that anymore.

Plus as of yesterday I have lost 25 pounds! I have a huge amount of weight to lose...more than 150 but I truly believe I can do this!!

Hang in there!!