In serious need of SBD Expert(s)....

• My DH is getting ready to do SBD and he wants to know if in PhaseII if he can have sugarfree, fatfree FLAVORED yogurts or if it will always be just the Plain, SugarFree, FatFree yogurt?

Can you assist me cuz I can't find anything about it at all in the book.....

TIA
  • Phase 2 allows the no sugar added, fat free flavored yogurts. In phase 1, it still has to be plain. Some brands that are good are Blue Bunny Lite 85 and Kroger Lite storebrand is also acceptable.
  • Barbara, Can I kiss you! Thank you for answering my question. DH loves the Kroger Lites and we have a ton of them (good through mid Sept) and since he starts tomorrow Phase I then he should still be able to use them in 2 weeks.

You are the bestest.
  • Kelly, yes indeed Barb is the "bestest" !!!

If you already haven't ...check out some of our recipes for Phase 1 and 2 and also the list of foods to stock up on in our FAQ stickies and recipe section!

Good luck to your DH!!! -- and, hmm, there is a mens forum associated with 3FC... if you or DH are interested : http://www.mensdietforums.com/
  • I did that and they sound wonderful and the grocery lists help a lot.

I do W/W Flex but Core is very similar to Phase II/III so I may switch to that cuz it will be a bit simpler for us.

Thanks and I will ask if I need more help!
  • Kelly, it's awesome that your husband already likes the yogurts he can have in P2. I did want to mention, though, that once I looked at the ingredients in the yogurts, I started wondering why there was all that extra stuff in there! There's gelatin and all sorts of weird fibers and other things. I just wanted yogurt! So I started using Stonyfield Farms plain fat free yogurt. In P1, I add SF syrup and flaxseed to it; in P2, I add SF jam and wheat germ. In P2, I also sometimes add vanilla SF syrup to it and then top it with berries or other fruit. MMm!

Just another option. And I agree...Barb *is* the bestest!
  • beachgal - brilliant! I didn't think to add jam to it. I will start next week!! the ingredient list has been bothering me too!!
  • beachgal, he had the yogurts from before...just likes them period. And it is the only way I can get him to get in some dairy. I may try some of your suggestions because I am doing or trying to do W/W core so we can be closer in what we eat.