South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #1  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Keep me from shopping!

It is tax free weekend in Texas. I guess the kids and I could use new school clothes. But it is more of a want than a need. And I reall should not be spending the money now, tax free or not. In 1 month, the pay raises will have gone through, and THEN I can buy more clothing.

I know why I want to shop, it is because it gives me that same rush that eating a large quantity of chocolate or ice cream gives me. And I know I can't do that.

Tell me I don't need to shop (or snack), and that my daughter will not be shunned from popularity in Kindergarten because she does not have the newest hottest whateverest clothes.

HELP!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #2  

She will not be shunned. I plan on avoiding the stores since they are always packed during tax free weekend. We picked up the few things that Brian needed a few weeks ago at Target. I do think DH plans to pick up some clothes. His are so expensive and there won't be a back to school rush at the Big and Tall shop.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #3  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

My husband actually called and asked if there was anything I needed for him to go buy. "You are actually volunteering to go out into the storm?" I asked him. "Uh, that is pretty silly isn't it." He was being sweet. He asked if he could go ahead and buy me some clothing for Christmas. I told him that the season will probably be wrong, and that I hope to be wearing a different size then I currently am now by December 25!

Fingers Crossed! (and determination to stay on plan!)
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

After having moved from a big house with storage to a little house with none I have learned the mantra of Less is More. Less to spend $ on, less to clean, less to pick up, less to store, less to trip on and less to jam closets!

We now have to give away/ throw away something for every item (nonfood) that comes in. I feel better in my home and feel better about not contributing to underpaid garment workers and pollution from shipping the items around the continant (yes, I am a tree-hugger and proud of it!)

I get the same rush out of cleaning out stuff and organizing it than I used to by buying stuff! As long as I actually finish the project I started...

Jess
Old 08-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Louren - I certainly recognize that rush. I'm trying not to buy much clothing either. All my wieght is in my torso so nothing fits right when I gain. Shirts and pants will change equally. I hate to buy stuff now - only to have it droopy in a couple of months (if I work hard and stay op).

As for her being shunned....I think she'll be just fine!!! Besides, as you said, you can go soon when raises kick in. you're doing a great job staying strong!!
Closed Thread