South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #1  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Just sad and need to vent

Today is supposed to be a happy day. It's our anniversary and we are officially out of our apartment and into our first home. But, and I know Kiko will understand this, one of my coworker's son was killed in a car accident Friday morning--he was 17. I don't know the son, or even the coworker really because he's on a different floor, but it's still so heartbreaking to hear about. It sounds like this child was just passionate about Christ and his faith, he had just led a friend to be saved, he played in a worship band that had 5 record labels coming to look at it on Friday night, he went on mission trips, etc. I know we can't try to understand God but sometimes it is so painful. Why can't He wipe out people that suck, like Scott Peterson or Osama Bin laden instead of good people who are making a different on earth?

I had a friend die in a car crash when I was 17, she was 18, we were about to graduate high school. It brought back that scenario so vividly. She was doing everything right--not drinking, wearing a seat belt, and boom, she was dead. The person she hit, a 40something woman, was fine. Why does that happen?

"There is a time to mourn, and a time to dance."
Ecclesiastes 3:4

Sometimes it seems like the mourning and dancing are disproportionate.

Thanks for listening. I know I have extended a lot of my religious beliefs here, and I hope that is OK on this board.

Jessie
Old 07-31-2006, 04:27 PM   #2  

That's so terrible.

YOU are such an amazing woman to be so passionate and caring regarding someone you didn't even know. It seems to me like the world needs more JessieW's out there.

Sending hugs and prayers out to the boy's family from here in Michigan.

P.S. We miss you in the journals, Jess. Lucy keeps inquiring as to your whereabouts.
Closed Thread