South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #16  

Ruth, sorry I missed the part about yer friend... I'm glad she will be okay Have fun at the Fair..and don't you worry bout a thing here .. We'll be fine !!

Grasshopper: I feel fer yer doggie... I have one just like Mac.. Darby was just a little skittish with thunder.. We would pick her up and talk to her..and I played this "Nature sound" CD one of which is "rain and thunder" and she got use to it.. until, hmm bout a month or 2 ago, we took a lightning strike that hit about 50-100 feet from the house... and well, now she is soo freaked by it again... I hope yer Mac will be okay My other one, Casey is just a ballsy little broad... I was gonna name her Belle, but after a week with her she is more like a big bad bertha!

Butt Butter!! Butt Paste!!!!
Too funny! You bikers ROCK!!! Sorry to say I always hated bike riding... ...even as a kid... hurt my butt and my knees even as a little kid! But it is one of the best forms of exercise! soooo RIDE ON GALS!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

hah - I never considered that question! I always put it on the pad. Oh and it's absolutely a MUST that you NEVER EVER EVER wear them twice before washing. I know that's a bit much anyway, but don't ever be tempted. We have a guy here that got a saddle sore and didn't take care of it. It got bad and he still didn't (we're talking SERIOUSLY neglecting his warning signs here - not normal "should I see someone about this - it was REALLY bad) Now he's in a wheel chair. It got infected and he still did nothing and it progressed worse until he got bacterial menengitis or something like that. Anyway he now sells bikes and educates people about the importance of taking care of "yourself" and that's the first step. Keep everything in that area clean as possible. Always, change your shorts as soon as you can after you workout. I usually take a pair of regular shorts with me and change at the car when I get back. (it's a long ride home). I've never had any issues with saddle sores or the like but I did get plain old tender for a bit until I got use to it. Still riding is worth every bit of it! Just take care of your "stuff"
Old 07-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Oh crap. I wore them twice in a row, and THEN sat in them til I got my a$$ in the shower. Well, heaven knows that I will never do THAT again. Going out to get the "butter"...
uh BTW, when I said saddle sore, I meant as in tender, not "boo-boo's". But, I know what you mean though. (no pun intended)

Do you have a favorite wash (for bike shorts) that you use?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #19  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

You absolutely have to be proud of me. I was driving home from buying a new dishwasher (the trick for this to happen fast after the old one giving up on life is to let dh do all the handwashing for 2 days) and some crazy lady drove into the side of my car. I am fine (I think - a little tension in my neck, but probably just stress and nerves), my poor car will need fixing on my side panel.

But I did not walk straight to Starbucks to buy a frappuccino and espresso brownie (my old "everything is going wrong" standby)!!!

Yay me for staying strong.

At least it is the weekend now!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #20  

Tragic news today....

I found out that one of the moms at my daughter's preschool was killed in a car accident last night. Her twins went to DD's preschool last year. There are also 2 teenagers in the family. The mom is more of an aquaintence (sp?), but it is so heartbreaking to think of the family and the kids.

Extra hugs for my girls tonight.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kiko, that is such tragic news, so upsetting. I can only pray that her family can get through this awful time and I hope they have plenty of friends and family to give them the support they surely need right now.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:30 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Kiko - wow, I'm very sorry for you all. That's really is horrible news. It's so sad for children to lose a parent.

scully - you're fine Just don't make it a habbit. That is more of a "yeast" type issue. I understood the soreness thing. I only mentioned the actual saddle sores because I almost had an issue when I was using a seat too cushy for me and padded shorts together. I didn't know what was wrong until I finally told DF about it and he explained it all BTW, Carnari has some Gel shorts that are AMAZING!!! I've NEVER been sore after using them. They're pricing but REI (if you have one) sometimes has them for as much as 1/2 off. I LOVE MINE!!! Ride on!!!!

Louren - if you are sore today, please go get a massage. I work with people that have been in wrecks all the time and it really helps move the sitffness and soreness on out of your body. I'm sorry you had a wreck - even a small one is HARD on the nerves!! Feel better soon - that goes for your car too

Well Im probably posting on the wrong page now so I'll stop and go find the right one!
Closed Thread