Phase I Week of July 24

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • How is everybody doing today? How many of us are in Phase I?
  • HI!!!
    I am in phase I and will be starting my second week tomorrow.

Life is good on the beach .....And I am looking forward to my first apple
  • Had a great day today! A two-egg veggie omelette for bfast. String cheese as a snack. Lunch was a cucumber salad and dinner hasn't happened because work ran long. ARGH!

But in better news, I made it to the gym and got in 30 mins of cardio and 25 mins of weight training. And I didn't melt in the strange round of humidity we're having in Oregon!

Looking forward to day two!
  • Sugar, you should have protein at noon with that cucumber salad or did you?
    Strange weather for the west coast, isn't it? We are hot and humid here but used to it.
  • Today is Day 2 of Phase I
  • Hi, Rebel. It's nice to see you back.
  • hit send too fast :lol
    so today is day 2, but I didn't "prepare" for this like I had last time. BTW, don't be alarmed that I said "last time"; I had a major illness in between that played havoc with my eating amongst other things. Anyway, day 2 but not prepared, and I can't drive to get myself to the grocery store so I really need to put some thought into planning meals.
  • Sort of in a quantry to where I am. Officially, I was supposed to be on week 1 day on Tuesday July 18th - so today would be day 7. Then, I realized that I was doing a few things wrong and decided to make today day 1 again. Now I feel like I can focus in the real way. Then again, when I weighed myself this morning, I am down officially 3.6 pounds (from 7/18th til this morning 7/24th Today) Anyway, I have the cookbook now and it looks like I can really do more planning with phase 1 than I was able to last week. So I am giving myself a "Do-over" and counting last week as a Pre-Beach launch. Is that fair? Admittedly, phase 2 recipes are looking scrumptous. I don't think that I got the sugar out of my diet which is why I was still hungry and having carb cravings. This is gonna be a better week!
  • Scully, hold yourself back from reading the Phase II recipes, if you can!
    I think one of the most important things on Phase I is to include legumes and dairy. They keep those nasty cravings away while you detox.

If you've not already done so, check out the Taco Bake in the Phase I Entree section in here. It is incredible!
  • THANKS! Checking it out now! smooch!
  • Ruth, I did! I forgot to add that I had a TUNA and cucumber salad. TYPO!
  • Hey everybody, I started south beach last year and seriously fell off the wagon, I kept off the majority of the weight I lost but not all of it, in fact I really don't know because I don't want to step on the scale. My mom and I started SB and today marks the end of our first week, on to the second! An apple has never seemed so far away! One week to go.

I should probably weigh myself to keep track of my progress but I'm scared!!!
  • flordia chick - I LOVE your signature quote!!!!! That's just wonderful!!! I can understand not wanting to get on the scales - I did the same thing. I ate well for about 2 weeks before I got on scales. In the end, looking back, it was just a number - but I don't know if I do anything different again if I could. Now I'm "guessing" as to how successful I was at the very beginning. It would be really nice to KNOW.
  • little grasshopper, thanks for the compliment, afterall it's true isn't it? Yes, it is just a number but a very powerful number that takes control over our emotions. Who knew?Since I'm nearing the end of my two weeks I think it's about time I face the wretched beast and beat it down, or just weigh myself, either or. Thanks for the support!!
  • I have fallen off plan, I will be starting P1-on Weds. Gives me a day or two to prepare and plan. I will try to stay pretty close to P1 Mon and Tues-but officially on Weds. I wasn't losing lbs but was losing inches, I could feel it in my clothes. SB seems livable for the long term. I am just picking myself up and stepping forward again.....