3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday Cackles and Clucks - July 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/89904-monday-cackles-clucks-july-24-a.html)

little grasshopper 07-24-2006 01:24 PM

kiko - I LOVE the hair cut!!! Very chic and stylish!

I'm so glad these chats boards are here! A lot of days it's exactly what I need for myself, and to keep from driving my non dieting/exercising friends crazy with my daily updates :)

Week is going well. Stress is still horribly high! Nothing can be done about situation - at least nothing that will happen quickly. Have to wait for lawyers and judges to decide to make it urgent also. All I can do is take care of myself and wait and trust that it will work out sooner than later. It will work out......just when? I am getting acupuncture today to help me deal with it. I find it wonderful to help with stress and anxiety! I went to the gym bright and early and did a full 1 hour of cardio on the machine! I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!!! I had this tiny shred of doubt that was nawing away at me the whole time but I did a full 1 hour. I feel like the guy in the commercial that weighs himself and then runs around the gym - comes back and weighs himself again to see how much he lost!

I am just before my monthly loveliness...so I'm avoiding the scale - we're not speaking for a few weeks. That will be for the best. I will stick to my plan and not let water weight throw me for loops daily!

I did some wedding shopping today. I found ribbon for the bouquets and ties for the boys. They'll be happy. They aren't pink :) I was never a "pink" kind of girl until he put that crazy ring on my finger. Suddenly it's all pink and lace???? WHERE was THAT hiding??

Now it's time to get to work for my one client. SLOW season is upon us. Good thing I planned for it! I can relax, and take care of myself and enjoy not working so hard for a couple of weeks...

Hope you all have a great day!!!! I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts!

Kiko 07-24-2006 01:56 PM

Sounds like several of us are PMSing grumps around here. Count me in- it is making me really tired this month too! I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Didn't help that my older daughter woke up at 6:45- too early for the summer!

I made an appointment for tomorrow- I am taking the plunge and going for the haircut. We'll see.....

Stuff to do around here, but I am going to curl up with a book for a bit. :)

Ruthxxx 07-24-2006 02:33 PM

Karen, Phase III is the maintenance stage of South Beach. It's outlined in the book and is basically the same as Phase II but you can add back some foods that were limited. It's a healthy diet with good carbs and good fats. I'd suggest you buy or borrow the book.

Karen 07-24-2006 02:39 PM

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for letting me know.

the_beach_or_bust 07-24-2006 03:07 PM

Salsa Question

I am going to make the Chicken Mexican Casserole tonight and I have a question about the Salsa....is any salsa ok? Does anyone have a brand that they know is completely legal on SBD? Not a big salsa eater here and so am unfamiliar. If someone can just tell me a brand to buy then I would appreicate it!! Thanks so much.:wave:

BellaLucia 07-24-2006 03:56 PM

Salsa is legal as far as I know.

Ruthxxx 07-24-2006 04:49 PM

It's legal if it is sugar free. Same as catsup or ketchup. :lol:
Read the ingredients. The nutritional chart will show sugar but that is fructose from the tomatoes. Sorry but I don't know American brand names.

Scully1280 07-24-2006 05:29 PM

You are all the best! I bought the SB cookbook, the orange one, and figured something out that I was doing wrong. 1. I was eating Hellman's light mayo and 2. I had carrots in my salad - yesterday and today. This week has been a sporatic one in terms of getting my nutrients in the right way. If you read some of my other posts, you'll get an idea what I mean :) I don't want to hog this thread with an overly lenghty post - and I didn't journal everyday so I would have to think really hard, and that could make my head explode, LOL.
So, since I didn't exactly blow it, I sort of did - and although a part of me is saying, "ice cream is in the freezer, go for it" , I won't because I am only 6 days into this.
So, starting tomorrow, I am going to begin on day one again and just call it that. I have some recipes to play with now, and I won't do 4 weeks, but it will be like 2 weeks renewed with 6 learning days. Ugh. I always have to do everything the hard way. Let me see how different the next 2 weeks will be. Hang in there with me, I might turn ugly...withdrawl from fruit happening... Can't wait... I do feel hungry now. Need to eat something and have a bottle of water.

I really did think I was doing sort of well overall, except for the 2 foods I mentioned and then letting myself get too hungry out of not being prepared. Let's face it. Dieting for life is going to suck anyway you look at it. I don't want to sabotage myself. It's just fracking hard anyway and looking at something in the long term is a bummer. But, I know that the hard work will pay off as well as learning the lessons I need to learn. I've done it before and gotten thin, but it has been a long while back. I am encouraged to have all of you here with me and encouraged by your triumphs as well. A month from now, I promise to make you all proud of this newbie!

little grasshopper 07-24-2006 05:47 PM

okay, feeling much better now! Had my acupuncture and the stress is much lower. I'm on my way to the store to get ingredients for the taco bake. :) You guys are making me hungry :) :) For all the good (healthy) foods though! Cheers!

little grasshopper 07-24-2006 07:51 PM

oh man! The mexican bake is incredible!!!!! I can't believe that's legal!!!! I feel like I ate Taco Bell!!! Thank you Thank you thank you to who ever put that recipe on the board!!!