South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default I am still around.....

Good Morning all,
I am still around. Haven't been here for awhile. Peeked in every so often. My life has made a complete turn around. June 16th I was told by my doctor I was a diabetic. What surprising news. That started a new life change for me. My sister who is also diabetic has helped me so much. My doctor just handed me my medication and said go to this class to learn what you need to know. I have since changed doctors. I have since been trying to find a place to go for support. Thought I would return to 3 fat chicks and search around. Then the light bulb went off. I was on SB thread before and now I am still carb concerned, why not come back here. Carbs control diabetes and that is what I watch more than anything. I don't worry what the scale says anymore. I have to change my life. I have always thought that things would never happen to me. I just turned 47 yesterday and figured I was safe if I didn't have any medical problems by my 40s. Wrong, I am now a diabetic, hypertension, asthmatic, allergies. It can happen at any age, we really need to take care of our issues before they get bad. I knew I was a good candidate for these things, and if I had taken care of my weight before it might have held it off for many more years. I have since lost 26 pounds, and walk 30 mins 6 days, weights 3 days a week. I feel so much better.
Just wanted to pop back in and say hello. Off to the treadmill for my workout.
Chipper
Old 07-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chipper, I'm so sorry to hear about your latest health issue, but you have a great attitude. I feel positive that if you continue with your new program you will conquer this. and hang in there!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  

AW Chipper Welcome back darlin' sorry to hear that your health has taken a turn.. SBD will sure help you! And you know there are forums here for folks that are dealing with health issues like Diabetes. I am sure if you reach out there you will get a lot of support there too.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

As you probably know, Chipp[er, I am a type II diabetic and my doc is delighted with my results since eating this way. Nope, I've not lost much weight but everything else is A-OK. Stick with us and feel free to PM me at any time if you have questions re any of the related issues. It sounds as if you are making a great start to whup this thing! Go, Chipper!
Closed Thread