South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Clucking - July 18

There are 36 people viewing this part of the Forum right now. Come on in and post, OK? Don't be a stranger.

Steamy and slightly drizzling here so it's easy to think of a steam bath.

I am supposed to have a new garden helper start this morning - Eric, the lad up the hill' is 14 and envious of his 12 year old sister who is earning baby sitting money! He already cuts my grass in exchange for his parents' use of my garden well water so... I'll be using him mainly for lugging and some raking today but may get him into other stuff later. For starters, he'll just do an hour when I need him.

Somebody mentioned fairs! I keep thinking ours is three weeks away but it starts the 27th! I do have a bit more work to do on the School Artwork display and had better get to it. The plantings at the Fairground need water and a shot of fertilizer - that may be a job for Eric. Now that I'm no longer Treasurer, I can enjoy the event and pick and chose what I want to help with. It sure beats those 7 AM to midnight days I used to put in!

The sun just came out and I can actually see steam rising from the pavement on the road. Another scorcher is on its way.

What are you doing today to stay cool, OP and cheerful?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #2  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Supposed to be 96 here today..and I am supposed to walk 8 blocks and back for lunch. Blech. Italian place, I think I should be able to get a piece of chicken and a salad and be joyful about it! I have fresh green beans and a strip steak (?? some kind of lean thin steak) in the crockpot in an Asian marinade. Yum-o!

Last night was pretty good. Packed a little bit for our move next week, ran to CVS, played on the computer...I'm still hesitant about true exercise on my hip that I twisted badly last Monday (so badly I passed out from the pain). It's not real sore anymore, seems the pain has moved to my lower back and bottom for some strange reason. Who knows? May try WATP tonight, 1 mile tape, just very gently.

Enjoy the hot day, ladies, and stay OP. Hm. As I say that, I just realized that I forgot about SBD (just kind of restarted yesterday) and had Kashi cereal for breakfast. Oops!! At least it's whole grain and high-fiber.

Jessie
Old 07-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Ruth & Jessie! Going to be hot here today also but I don't mind so much. Yesterday wasn't OP, but I'm just trying to take it day by day (or minute by minute ). Have everything except dinner planned out today so it should be a pretty healthy day. I forgot to take any meat out of the freezer but we have some chicken that we grilled friday night - anyone know if it would still be good today? We could that over a salad. I made it to work today on time again for the 2nd day in a row! Yeah me With 2 littles to get out the door in the morning it is no easy task LOL.

Hope everyone stays cool today and has a good OP day.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks, it is not so nice here right now, cloudy and a wee bit chilly, although they say the sun is going to come out and play, debating on doing laundry and hanging it out. Well I have to dash just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have another little girl starting today just got the phone call 5 mins ago from her mom. She is one of the little ones that I used to have before, so far that is two families that have come back to me. Well love and hugs to ya all, I will try to pop back in later. Have a great day on the beach.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's definitely summer! I've decided that I would not enjoy living in a place that had no change of seasons, whew!!! Yesterday was spent doing some shopping for little Maggie's birthday, she turns 3 on Friday, then we came back here and cooled off in the pool. Today we have to go to a playdate, and I hope it's all indoor activities. Polo will probably be cancelled tonight due to the heat, and that will mean an early night for me.
I'd better go for now, I have to make a stop at my parent's house to water their garden while they're away on vacation.

Crockett ~ I just noticed your new avatar, and you look AMAZING! Congratulations on your new little puppies, too!

Hello to everyone else, No time for individual responses right now!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/226/144

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Red face

Good morning!

For starters, Ruth, I am soooo envious that you have plants that need taking care of. Most everything here is already dead, except a few tomato and pepper plants in our garden...

I had a great OP day yesterday and even tuned down icecream! Nothing short of miraculous for me! We also took the entire morning to shovel out the girls room and get it looking spiffy.

Today's plan is to run to Wal-Mart (kids ate all my string cheese.. ) and then head off to the pool. I can't wait till next year when I won't be hiding under my cover-up.

Kelly, as for the chicken, I say go for it as long as it got to the fridge within an hour or two of cooking it...JMHO

Have a great day!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #7  

Morning gals!

I hear you all on the hot weather- if there was just an end in sight!! Cottage That is one thing I don't like about Texas- there are no distinct season changes like in the North. I think I actually do better staying OP when it is hot- you just don't feel like eating a ton.

Kelly I am cracking up at your being excited about being to work on time. I am supposed to be at school by 7:30- I can't tell you how many times I was late last year getting the two kids to daycare. I am hoping to be more organized this year! I am taking a new position, so I won't be a classroom teacher with 25 kids waiting for me as I breeze in the room at least.

Me- DD and her friend had a blast last night. We are going to the library for storytime this morning and then we will take her home. Late afternoon we are meeting up with some friends at a place called Gattitown- kind of like a Chuck E Cheese, but better food and a nicer place. We have been keeping pretty close to home the last week or so, so it will be nice to be out and about. I should have no problem staying OP as they have an excellent salad bar and I am not the biggest pizza fan.

Going to go check out the "What are you reading" thread for some ideas at the library!

Come join Ruth and I on the weekly behavior goal thread. We are lonely!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #8  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Cottage, Have I bugged you and asked you where you live? My inlaws live in Spring City, PA, near Valley Forge, and my parents just moved to Exton. So I hope it is a good area to live in! My inlaws enjoy it but they miss the South. DH grew up in South Carolina. Usually I love the South as well until we get summers like this! I'm actually looking forward to going to northern IN this weekend, I hope it will be slightly cooler since we're going to an outdoors wedding!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #9  

GOOOOOOOD Morning you Morning Larks and all you Lurkers
Just got in from watering -it's already 85 and it's expected to go to 100

Crockett-- You are such an inspiration!

Ruth: What with all these little helpers you could run a plantation! So nice to live in a neighborly area... Something I'm getting use to down here.

Jessie:
Where I live in NC, there are more transplanted NY/NJ/CT and Pa folks than natives! I enjoyed 3 of the seasons so far... have ta get use to these hot hot humidish summers..Cottage.. I would miss the different seasons too.. here , we still get all 4 with lovely autumn foliage but the winters seem pretty mild .. like 30/40 ish...

Kiko: I just ordered some summer reading from Amazon... Well, it started out that I was getting a book on how to use Microsoft Project... but I surfed a bit and ordered two books recommended by Stephen King... I'm in my "horror" phase... The Ruins.. and The Store... Enjoy your day out and about!

MotherHen: on resisting ICe Cream!!!
Kelly: yeah, it takes time to get use to preplanning meals..your chicken should be fine.

to little Chick! I'm sure you'll have a full house in no time!

I have some new flowers I'm going to plant ... one of the nice things bout living here is the extended growing season... hop on the treadmill .. and stay in doors outta the blasted heat this afternoon! Tonight we are having WW baked Ziti... Ok chicks --gotta make the most of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #10  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi everybody -
Just popping in & showing off my new weightloss - I'm almost to 40 lbs!!!!
DH left 2 weeks ago for Minnesota & I'm leaving on the 31st. Just gave my 2 weeks notice to my boss on Friday. It's so weird to be home alone all of the time. I also, sadly, cancelled my gym membership on Friday. It cost me $50 in early termination fees. If I haven't told you yet, we're going to live in our motorhome for at least a few months, full-time: DH, me, & kitty. I hate coming into work after giving your notice. People treat you so weird & the sales reps are already fighting over my territory but they are taking me out to lunch at the local yummy Mongolian Grill. Please say a prayer for me. Sometimes I feel so nervous & alone & stressed that I could puke or cry. But don't get me wrong, I'm very excited & can't wait to take this job & shove it!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #11  

Morning, ladies! As Kiko has mentioned it is quite hot here in the Dallas area. Tonight I get to take Brian to swim lessons so I'll be out in it. The advantage of an older kid is that lessons start at 8PM.

I've been suffering from a bit of poison ivy I got into. Luckily while I have it in about 5 places, it is only bad enough on my right forearm to be oozing from the blisters. I'm trying a different cream to see if that helps.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #12  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! well, my weights up this morning, had a few runin's last weekend but nothing over my daily calorie limit so I'm sure it's just water weight. It'll come off, I'll jsut plan on drinking tons of water over the next couple of days.

Is everyone on P2 enjoying the cherries this summer? I think fresh cherries are one of the great things about summer! Love 'em! Have a great day chiks.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #13  

Good afternoon. It is very hot here but not as bad as yesturday. Worked out this morning - 45 mins on elipter. Did semi okay yesturday - my parents took us all out for Mexican food - I had a taco salad (left the shell), a few chips (very few - like 3-4) but did splurge on a marguarita (it was actually a Cosmolito - combo Cosmo and marguarita - tart and sweet ).

In between trying to save my yard and plants from drying up completely, I did manage to get out and finalize some financial aid for school. I am going back for my teaching certification - have a very tough year ahead of me. Taking 4 classes in the fall - mostly at night. I really want to go back to work and teaching seems like it will offer me that combination of creativity and organization tasks and still allow me to be the anchor at home.

Recently bought a few books by Dana Carpender on Low Carb cooking - have any of you tried her recipies? They seem highly rated.

Also thinking about joining Sam's Club (currently a Costco member) - are there any good deals there? Costco doesn't carry a whole lot of lo carb products (did finally see South Beach Bars). Made the trip to an Aldi store (private lable - they own Trader Joes) with a friend - that worked out well but no real buys on chicken and the produce was so-so.

No SuperWalmarts or SuperTargets near me unfortunately

Keep cool....Sue
Old 07-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry, for being MIA this morning, I just had the chance to postnow in this late afternoon.

We're having unexpected or should I last minute expected company from N.Y. tomorrow,and I have to get the house in shape. These last couple of days I have been vegging out,now I have to get moving.

Oh!! I wanted to tell everyone I lost a pound at Yesterdays W-I

Have a great evening

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-18-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Closed Thread