New to south beach, Help.

• I Actually had a lady not too long ago ask me when i was Due. Im not pregnant. I just started the south beach diet, but im not 100% sure im doing it right. There are so many things out there, i dont know what i can have. Is there an easy way to figuer it out?
  • Welcome to the beach- check out the faqs section in the stickys and it you have any questions just ask- someone always has the right answer.
  • Thank you. for your help and making me feel welcome.
  • and to The Beach.

Before you start, please buy or borrow the book and read it thoroughly so you understand this lifestyle. There is also a wealth of information in the FAQ stickies. There's lots of information and support in this Forum so post away!
  • So am i right in saying that you mainly cut out breads, pastas and sweets? I know that there is more to it, but is that mainly the biggys?
  • On Phase 1 no breads,pastas, potatoes or "sweets".. On Phase 2 you can introduce back in Whole grains like Whole wheat bread and pasta and fruits. The focus is on eating Whole Foods... We try to stay away from processed foods and "white" foods

Good Luck!
  • Ok. That make more sence. Thank you. So no fruit on phase one? opps i thought they were ok.
  • If you go to the Freq. Ask Questions (FAQ) section, you'll get a lot of info on SBD....Here is the Phase1 food list to help get you started
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548
  • WOW! That really helps. Thank you so much. How long was it before you started seeing results?
  • This is kind of a personal question, but ive been doing the sbd for a few days and i find myself having a lot of gas. Is this a normal side effect or just me?
  • Everyones different.. some see maybe 1- 4 pounds, some see 5-10...

Yes, it's normal.. Also you may feel a little weak, tired, crabby or headachy..that's all normal too.. We recommend dairy and legumes to help you over the hump. And add some SF fiber like metamucil or benefiber to your diet.
  • Ya. ive noticed that it has been really hard to get out of bed the last couple days. When will that get better.. Thank you so much.