South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default Can I pretend I wasn't so !@$#@!

We went on a play date for lunch. I was rushing around so breakfast wasn't a normal affair, but a hit and run (all healthy, just not sitting and eating). Lunch was at a friend's house. Although perfectly SB, the quantity wasn't there. Well, shortly after that, I blew it. Not the end of the world, but I definitely fell off the beach.

Now, I was tired, cranky and out of my element. It was almost a natural response to my situation. I obviously have to work on that, but ..... the big question is, do I need to start P1 over? I'm on day 8. I hadn't had any cravings (still don't at the moment). It was all emotional, not at all physical. So the question remains, can I just do this week of P1, or am I starting over. You ladies are the SB goddesses, so I follow whatever you tell me to do.

I really appeciate your help. I refuse to let this upset me.....I'm stronger than that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #2  

The great thing about SBD is you don't have to start over after 1 "indiscretion"... of course , if it's a reoccurring one you might want to start over.

Learn from it, forgive yourself.. and move forward...
Old 07-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #3  

Default Back to PhaseI - Barbie40

I followed SB for p1 and then had a problem going to p2. I and that was in April through mid June. Now I fell off the plan totaly. I guess it is back to p1 right? I am having a bit of troulbe staying on plan. I did gain 3 pounds and am very afraid to gain but can not seem to stick to the plan for more than 3 days HELP!!!!!!!! Any sugestions? I seem to do well aLL day and than ovr eat on nuts or the wrong food entirely the hubby is a snacker and I guess I need will power to tell him no and let him eat alone but it is so hard.Any suggestions? I am not sure if i put this in the right spot but thanks for listening.

Barb,

I can only make a suggestion, but I would suggest planning what you are going to eat for the whole day including that snack with hubby. If there is no thinking involved, then its harded to fall off the wagon. Also, when I bring the nuts home, my kiddies bag them for me into snack bags and so that I can take 1 bag without working on portions when I'm hungry/cranky/emotional/etc.

Good luck finding what works for you.

Good advice. I find nuts are a trigger food for me so avoid them unless they are a emasured quantity in a salad. They are a good fat but are also jigh calorie.
Barb, read the book again, review the stickies and decide if you are ready to commit to Phase I. Be sure you are including dairy and legumes in your menu when you re-start - they will definitely help with the Day 3 slump.
Good luck but rely on planning and skill.

thanks ladies for all uyour advice.I know that I have to get my head in the game and start to put me first again in the food area. I need to make the time for myself again to have the continued success. I have been very good today. But I find witht he summer we are being invited out to friends and wine I am having a hard time to turn down the wine. I am trying to do p1 again, but this poses a problem. Do you think I would be better off to stick to p2 til the party season is over(summer is so short) and then resume p1, Just keep an eye on the scale and nip gains in the butt? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 07-09-2006 at 07:12 AM. Reason: off topic
Old 07-09-2006, 07:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Crap! Just screwed up this thread. Barbie, just start a new thread if you have further questions.

Kmy68 - sorry! We sort of got off topic and I blew it.
Closed Thread