South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #31  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Fried Weezle, Anyone?

How is it that I can be in the sun every day for a week in Key West and come home only slightly freckled, but I go outside for 4 hours in Illinois and burn myself to a crisp? I wonder if fried weezle is Ph1-friendly. Ouch.

What a lovely day off though. Back to work tomorrow. At least we're having a sidewalk sale and I can wear shorts. Gonna be a hot one.

My TOM is coming this week and last week was just horrible PMS-wise. I was a pig. Somehow I didn't gain any weight though. I don't get it. My metabolism must be up due to all the walking and standing at work or something. Moo.

My mom made a yummy 4th of July dessert that I think you all can have if you're Ph2. SF/FF Cheesecake flavored pudding, strawberries, blue berries, and FF cool whip on top. She also had RF Nilla Wafers but you all can skip that part. It was a make-your-own cheesecake kind of thing and super yummy.

Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

Lisa
Old 07-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #32  
gotta lose it!

Weezle - I miss Key West! I didn't burn, but I did tan before hand, but now I'm pasty white once again. All the work & no sunlight!
Girls - Yes, I'm frustrated with my job. I just feel like I should of got 1 weekend off, either before the holiday or after. Instead, I got Sat off, that's it. I even asked my boss if I could have Sunday off & I would take his Fri night close. He gave me this crap that he had to be there on Sunday to do all the month end audit. I come in at 10 work on the floor until 1, only then do I realize he didn't do the month end audit or the freaking alarm test. What in the world did he do for 4 hours - unbelievable! And he's a complete pig.....I'm not neat by any means, but when I share an office with 4 other people, I clean up after myself....boy wonder leaves his freaking coffee all over the place - UGH!
I'm off to scrapbook.....gotta get this done for sister's bridal shower before the 15th.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #33  

Default Happy Canada Day also!

I posted earlier telling everyone Happy 4th but forgot to wish Happy Canada Day also! I am sorry for my forgetfulness. Whichever holiday your celebrating I wish each and everyone a wonderful weekend. And for those having to report to work!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #34  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Happy Fourth of July Eve!

Silence has descended on the little hamlet of Delta as the Hyper Pypers have departed. They stayed an extra night because it was late when we got off the Lake last night and everyone was too tired to pack up for the trek back to Ottawa. We had berries, whole wheat bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and then I waved them off. The Girls went right to bed as soon as the car and boat were out the lane!

It was a super Canada Day weekend with good healthy food, some wine, fireworks and lots of laughter and fun with friends. Yesterday after Church, Dr Bob took me for a ride in his new Bentley. What a toy! He says he will let me drive it once the newness wears off. Between that ride and the boat, I feel like a rich chick. Too bad I'm not skinny!

Despite all the festivities, my ticker stayed the same so I survived!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:26 AM   #35  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Up early as I went to bed earlier than I'm used too. I guess I needed the extra sleep. Got on the scale for this morning W-I & I stayed the same. Luckly I went down as I was 4 lbs heavier last Wed & Thurs due to bloating. Have no clue what caused this,didn't eat or exercise any differently.

Going to do some more exercising to sandwich the 4th by doing extra today and on Wed.Have the same plan for my eating habits also.Wish me luck

Hugs BB
Old 07-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #36  

Smile

Happy Canada day to those who celebrate it. Happy day before the 4th to the rest!

Tomorrow I'm off to my in-laws who believe that veggies are only edible overcooked and drowned in butter and salt. They actually solidify when cold. They even coat their meats in butter and salt. No concept of health anywhere in that house. I think I'll bring a veggie plate, and take charge of one pot of veggies so I can at least have food on my plate during dinner. I'll eat a big meal before I go then have something when I get back.

Wednesday is business trip with hubby until Hershey for the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that I'm still a South Beach Girl when I get back.

Weighed in this morning with a 7 pound loss. Don't ya just love those week 1 losses?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #37  

HIDEEEEEHO Boppin in real quick ....
Kmy and BB- Congrats on yer losses!!!!
Ruth-- stayin the same after wonderful food and company is a SUCCESS in my book!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
I had to stop for some groceries right after doing Curves, before the stores got too crowded. I hope I don't have to run back there again, whew! I'm making a fruit salad and a layered veggie salad for tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I got fresh fruits and vegetables. I only have to watch the little ones today from 2 - 4:30, so it's almost like having the day off. This morning I want to clean the house, then get my salads made. DD and SIL are coming later and staying overnight, so I have to make something special for dinner tonight, too. My SIL hardly ever can make it out here, so it's a special occasion when he's around. He's so much fun to be with and always has funny and interesting stories to tell about the theatre business and what goes on behind the scenes. Our daughter is very lucky to have him for a husband!

Ruth ~ I'm glad you had a wonderful time with the Hyper Pypers, you sound like you really enjoyed the weekend!

Soon ~ I feel so bad for you, that you're having such a stressful time at your job. I do hope things start getting better, I remember how excited you were when you were first offered this position. You are a very capable, hard worker and are very good at what you do, there's bound to be something better out there for you. Maybe you should start looking around?

beach bum ~ My weight has been flucturing a lot, too. Today I'm down 4 lbs from when I weighted myself on Friday, and I haven't done anything different, go figure? I'm just concentrating on eating healthy right now and taking it one day at a time. Tomorrow will be a challenge, as the menu is babyback ribs that my brother is supplying, and there will be a lot of other really good food there, too, as we're also celebrating 2 birthdays. I will do my best, though, not to over-indulge.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Kmy and Schatzi!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #40  
South Beach Life Style

CONGRATULATIONS KMY ON A 7 LB LOSS WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOO ..
Old 07-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #41  
beachbum

Cottage

Big congrats on your weight loss especially around the holiday season.

Maybe you can have your ribs and eat them to,just by asking brother if he could use Kraft SB BBQ sauce on your ribs instead of the sugary brands out there. Just a thought. I have Kraft BBQ sauce always in my frig, just in case we do ribs.

Hugs BB
Old 07-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #42  

beach bum - Where do you find the Kraft SB BBQ sauce? I can't find it at my local Tom Thumb any more and I've also checked Target and Walmart. They used to have it.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #43  

Well, at least I now know why Brian was running a fever all weekend. And I know the spots really aren't mosquito bites although they started out looking like them. It's chickenpox! Luckily it's a mild case. He was vaccinated at the right age and had been in day care with chickenpox outbreaks before and never gotten it. Based on the timing he might have gotten it from one of the kids at cub scout camp. Unfortunately this means he will be missing at least half of this swim lession session and we'll be missing spending the 4th with friends tomorrow. He may still be able to go out for his Dad's birthday on Saturday but we'll have to see when he is all scabbed over.

He's not feelng bad but the itching is starting to bother him.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #44  

Barb With all the exercise, and healthy eating I wouldn't be surprised if Brian gets a mild case and/or recovers quickly. But, please be extra careful.. if you had Chicken Pox, you're at risk for shingles... I don't know if there are ways to prevent it , but just be more "sterile" (if that's a word) around him..
Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #45  
beachbum

Hi Barb

I found the SB Kraft BBQ sauce in my local Super Stop & Shop, in the BBQ sauce aisle.

Its right name is Kraft Carb Well Orginial BBQ sauce[ recommended] by the south beach diet. Its has 3 carbs per serving[2tbs] 15 cal. 0 gr fats.

Hope that helps

Hugs BB
Closed Thread