South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #1  

Default need buddy to make it through phase 1

O.K. so I am starting phase 1 tomorrow. I have been looking into the south beach diet for awhile and I want to give it a go because I feel like mostly it is a lifestyle change.
My entire diet consists mainly of carbs so phase 1 is going to be killer but I know that I need this. I am going to try to lay out what I am going to eat for the next several days today.

A little about myself: I am 22 years old and my starting weight is somewhere around 209. I will check that in the morning. I met the person of my dreams about a year ago and gained 40 lbs. My goal weight is 135.

I am getting married at the end of september and would love to be around 170-180 on the big day. So I know I will have to start exercising big time. I plan on doing the elliptical machine and some videos like yoga, pilates, and tae-bo.

I hope someone wants to start with me tomorrow or in the next few days.

Best
Bridgett
Old 06-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #2  

Smile

Hi Bridgett,

If you notice the post above yours, you will notice that I started SBD today.
I have tried it in the past, but gave up during Phase I. I do not intend to do that this time. I would be happy to buddy up with you. Here is the funny thing, my daughter will be 22 in August, probably weighs about 209. I would love to be an inspiration to her. I love her so much and it hurts me to see her fighting her weight. She just graduated from college and is job hunting, so I know right now is not a good time for her.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I have been married to the same wonderful guy for 34 years. Our anniversary was last week. We sat on the beach with a glass of wine and watched the sun go down for 4 hours. How romantic is that??

Also my niece is getting married in Sept. so I would like to look good at her wedding also.

Sounds like we could really support each other.

A friend of mine suggested this to me and I had it for lunch, it was really good. On top of a large salad , put Louis Rich southwestern chicken strips, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup black beans, a little salsa and some Italian dressing.

She said adding the black beans helped keep her satisfied and not missing her carbs.

Good luck,

Wanda
Old 06-30-2006, 09:25 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bridgett and Wanda! Glad to have you both with us!

Bridgett, you may find it helpful to post your journey in the journals here. People will respond to what you write and give support, which can be really helpful. You can reach the journals by clicking on the "Journals" link in the purple bar at the top of this page.

Congratulations on your engagement! Just keep in mind that the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. Losing 30-40 pounds in 2 months might be very difficult, so don't set yourself up to be upset, okay? Just keep in mind that no matter how little or much you lose, you'll be healthier (the important thing!) and thinner by your wedding than you would be without doint what you're doing. Plus, adding exercise and strength training (weights) to your lifestyle can help make your body appear slimmer even if you don't officially lose weight--a pound of muscle is much smaller than a pound of fat! (you can see pictures of this all over 3FC...think there's a sticky in the exercise forum with the picture) Just set goals that are achievable so you don't feel frustrated, okay?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #4  

Smile

Laurie gave some great advice. I'm going to have to check out the muscle vs. fat pictures later. I started the Beach on Monday, making today my 5th day. I'm not exactly starting with you, but I'm here and I can definitely commiserate with you. So far so good for me. The weekend should be easy. Next week on vacay is a whole 'nother story. Truthfully, the no grains isn't bothering me, its the no fruit thing that's killing me. I have a huge bowl of fruit on the counter for the kiddies and it screams my name a few times a day.

Good luck. We're all here for you!!!!!!
Closed Thread