South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend June 24 & 25

Good Saturday morning! Another gorgeous day has unfolded.

I'm just gathering my wits and my stuff to take the Girls to the kennel and then carry on to Ottawa. I've got an order to pick up at Lee Valley Tools and then will meet Ellis, Mauvaisroux and Ilene in Chinatown for Dim Sum. We will probably go for bubble tea afterwards. I'll do a visit to Aunt Rose (94 and just had a new leg bone inserted) and be back in Delta in time to show up at the birthday party. I'd better not drink much water as there won't be time to pee!

Sit own and chat for a bit but I'm outta here!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth, and all you other chickies,
It looks like we're in for a very rainy weekend, but it's much needed so I'll try not to complain too much. I wish I could send some of it down there to Texas for Barband Kiko!
Monica (DD) and little Carley will be coming to spend the weekend with us, as my son-in-law has to work all weekend (he's a musical director for all the musicals that play in Phila.), and she's feeling pretty lonely with Caitlyn in France. It'll be fun to have them spend the weekend with us, and we get to spoil Carley! I'm going to make lasagna for supper, so I'll have to run to the supermarket for a few groceries.

Ruth ~ Have a safe trip to Ottawa, and have fun! Tell Ellis I said "hello", and give her a from me, too. Mmmmm, Bubble Tea, love it!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #3  

Cottage What a fun weekend. I love, love, love hanging out with my mom! My girls adore her and they have a really neat bond.

Ruth Have fun!! I didn't realize you were lunching with Ellis. Tell her hello from me as well.

Me- Shouldn't even be logging on to check in b/c I need to get the girls awake and moving. We have our last tball game this morning followed by a swim party and cookout. It is at the same friend's that we play at a lot- it should be GREAT fun for the kiddos! I am taking 4 bean salad and a can of tuna.

I should be back later this afternoon. Cheers!!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Saturday Morning Ladies

We had a strong thunder storm around 2-2:30AM that woke me up.Now,they say its going to be a wash out the whole weekend.

We heard from the repair shop,yesterday and our car will be ready for pick up this Tues or Wed.YIPEEEEEEEE!! I can't stand the rental,its slow poky,doesn't have the pickup when trying to make a left hand turn.

,Think I'm going back do the revised verison of Phase 1.5[fruit & 1 bread carb a day]Have my scales & measuring cups ready for PORTION CONTROL.Thats the one thing I always mess up on.

Have a nice beachy day Hugs BB
Old 06-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #5  

Hi Ya Goils!!!

Ruth-- Wish I could be there for Dim sum with the other mods! I bet you'll have a great time!!!!

Kiko---sounds like you have a fun time planned-- and ya planned out yer own food Have a wonderful time!

BB--- Yay on gittin the car back FINALLY eh?

Cottage--- Sounds like yer gonna spoil GD -- have a great time together! What is Bubble Tea

BB/Cottage;;; LORDY we had torrential downpours, tornado warnings, lightning and thunder all night ..My poor Darby was a mess... I have never experienced sooo much lighning in my life! Gauranteed that it will knock out ISP ... and/or DH has to reconfigure the routers and what not... Fer some reason the lightning "erases" all the configs grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... So outdoor plans are out the door..HA HA!!!! We are waiting for everything to dry up...
Old 06-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Schatzi, Bubble Tea is a creamy type drink made from tea (of course!) with some sort of little tapioca like balls in it that you sip up from a wide straw. Sounds strange, but trust me, it's delicious! So sorry about the Tstorms, all it seems to do here is turn off my computer, and I have to keep re-booting it. This is already a bad summer for so many fierce thunderstorms, and we still have July and August to get through!
We took my car back to Walmart this morning, when they put the new tires on they didn't balance them properly, so they need to be redone. The guy there said they were backlogged and we'd have to wait several hours before they could get to it - - seems to me if they goofed up the job, that I should get priority so they can fix it! So the options are to either take it back super early tomorrow morning or try to get it done one day during the week. Nothing's ever a quick fix anymore.
Well, gotta run, DD should be getting here any time now.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

I made a pasta salad, and I think I over did it on the fat intake, by what fit day told me.. shewwwww
Old 06-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #8  
Losing never felt so good

S/C/G: A lot/a little less/a lot less

Howdy All!

We had rain like I have never seen before. I tried to run to KMart earlier to pick up a few things, but I couldn't get there. The whole town was completely flooded! Crazy!

Eating went well today (eating has always gone well...I mean SB style!). We had some ground chicken with sauteed onions and green peppers with refried beans. It was really good!

My in-laws are coming tomorrow night to stay for a week. They live in Detroit and we are in the Philly area. They will probably not be impressed with our current eating habits. Oh well...the grocery store is down the street. I'm only making one dinner a night!! Wish me luck!!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:31 AM   #9  

Cottage Bubble Tea sounds YumAlish!!! Can we get it in the States ??
Rinangel: I hear ya darlin! Everything is flooded out here too. One of our favorite lakes is off limits as it spilled over its banks, and there are downed trees ...and today the forecast is RAIN! and Tstorms! Enjoy yer visit with the in laws...maybe you can help change their eating habits !

Crockett: Yer doing so great !!! Live n learn! did you use WW pasta?

London broil , steamed veggies and a salad on the menu tonight... with strawberries dipped in splenda......
Time fer more cawfee and my Crossword puzzle! Later Taters!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #10  

Good morning....

I am so sleepy today- I have had the hardest time with sleep and weird dreams the last few nights. I don't know what in the heck is going on with that.

Yesterday turned out to be a lot of fun- my girls are 100% exhasuted, let me tell you! We wound up staying after the party and just talking and having fun. That turned into dinner and we were there until about 8:00. Fun day, although dinner was not as OP as it could have been. My weight was only up a 1/2 pound this morning, which is surprising.

Church this morning and then this house needs a thorough cleaning. DH is off today so he will be assisting in the process.

Toodles!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:59 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie again, Chickies!

Yesterday went well and I was home in time to go to the BBQ BD party. It was fun and I managed to avoid the by passing my plate to the 15 year old boy sitting beside me. Those guys can eat!

I decided to leave the Girls at the kennel today rather than dash off now, take them to Church and the picnic and then dump them back here on their own while I go to the shower this afternoon. They have made friends with the resident goat at the kennel! I hope they smell OK when I get them back.

Gorgeous day! I hope to get a bit of gardening worked in after my salad and HB egg supper! It's been a tricky weekend for food but I'm OK so far with the exception of Dim Sum!

We now return to our regular programming.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:12 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,

2nd day on my SBD phase 1, and not doing too badly - she says, forgetting about the stilton and crackers she had last night...... but I did stop at 4 rather than the whole packet, so that's a start. It's my absolute favourite snack and was just sitting there taunting me. But it's gone now, so I'm going to be a good girl from now on.

Spending today tidying the house and getting stuff on ebay after the divorce. Very theraputic, seeing all his stuff being uploaded....

Hpe you all had a better day than me diet wise!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

Shatzi,~ Yes WW noodles...''

I weighed in today, I have lost 2 more lbs... All is well here.. feel a littl bloated, but Some Water should take care of that.. Take Care everyone.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Good News Everyone!!!!

My little brother, Ryan, has FINALLY proposed to his girlfriend, Kara! He did it last night and she called me right after. They've been together 4 and a half years so it's about freaking time, young or not. (He's 20, she's 21.) They plan to get married after she's done with school. WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to find something semi-healthy that I can make for everyone to eat at my parents' house tonight. I'll have to dig through the cabinets/pantry. I didn't know we were having a big party tonight when we went to the store last week.

That's my only important news really. My weight is jumping around all over the place and I just can't figure out why. I was down to 131 and now am back to 133 again today. Possibly my sodium intake. I'll have to watch that today.

Talk to you girls soon!

Lisa
Old 06-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Morning...Weezle, that's great news....a new sis in law for you!
I'm off today....gotta clean the car, then I'm free!!
I think I'm going to have some pulled pork for dinner...well see
have a great day!
Closed Thread