Tuesday's Twitterings...

• Hey, Beachies! Long time, no see!

Sorry to have been gone forever...I'm sure Ruthie and Schatzi did a GREAT job taking care of everything I was on vacation with family (a friend's wedding and my baby sister's graduation from getting her Masters!) and then had an impromptu trip to the midwest because DH's grandmother died unexpectedly. She was a really wonderful woman and will be dearly missed. But as she often told us, she "knew where she was going" plus she had been missing grandpa, who passed away two years ago.

All the traveling and such put me off my normal schedule. I gained a little weight , but I also did some exercise in moving my sister out of one apartment and into another with little help in the hot CA sun. We did a ton of gardening yesterday, too. Still, I'm off to the gym to get back into the swing of things tomorrow. It's good to be home!

There was a huge storm here yesterday but it's still very humid anyway. Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and dry!
  • Welcome Back BeachGal! We ended up doin and impromptu camping over night at a local park... We had such a great BBQ, we decided to pack up the tent, kayaks and cooler and head out Sunday and Monday for the great out doors. Back to reality today!
  • Wow! Travellin' and campin' MODs! All I did was hang out here the past few weeks. Never mind - I'll take off later in the summer.

We had rainish and muggish and buggish all day yesterday. It was a good nap day but I did get a bit of sewing done. Today is looking better so I'm off to get a few more plants at the greenhouse and will tiddle up the Fairground plantings a bit. My veggie garden is still pretty soggy but may dry up enough by this afternoon to finish planting. I have some Acidanthera 'Peacock Orchid' glads to plant for late summer bouquets. They are keen to get into the ground and are sending up shoots just sitting on my planting bench.

Tonight I have the postponed Cemetery BORED Meeting - unless it gets cancelled again! They are so disorganized and everyone seems to be about 96 in attitude although they are from 35 to 80. Strange but the younger ones are the worst! I may just do my report and then plead another meeting. White lies keep me from snapping off heads sometimes.

What's on your Tuesday Plan?
  • It's a day to celebrate! All 3 of our MODS starting today's post!
    Hi, Laurie, and welcome back! I'm so sorry about your grandmother, but glad you otherwise had a nice trip.
    I had a nice time with my daughter's family over the weekend, and we saw Caitlyn safely off. She's now with her host family in France, and having the time of her life! BTW, Caitlyn is my granddaughter, for those who asked. We were able to track her plane's progress on the computer, and that was pretty fascinating.
    So today it's back to work, but I don't have to be there until noon. We have a playdate this afternoon with one of Maggie's friends, so that will take up part of the day. I'm putting together a turkey meatloaf for tonight's supper, we'll have that with some broccoli w/ cheese sauce. Oh, I found the yummiest whole wheat bread at Trader Joe's, it's only 40 cal. per slice and has 5 grams of fiber and 1 gram of sugar in each slice, too. It's great toasted with a little almond butter, that's what I'm eating right now for breakfast. Gotta run!
  • Where in France is Caitlyn staying, Cottage? What a great experience for her!
  • Ruth, Caitlyn is staying in the village of Turkheim (sp?), near Colmar, in the Alsace region. She just posted some pictures she took already on our family website, and the area is breathtakingly beautiful! She is loving every minute of it so far, and doesn't sound homesick, yet.
  • I did NOT over eat yesterday. First time in months!!!!!!
    Went to a dinner meeting last night. Had grilled chicken, greek salad and a few fries.I did NOT eat before bed… not 1 stinkin little bite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to to it again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Food is NOT love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODO’s

-pack about 15 Avon orders
    -clean DD’s room
    -clean downstairs bathroom
    -weed south garden and front garden
    -edge path
    -tidy kitchen,wash pots
    -gather Garbage, recycling( take to road)
    -go to school and see how the video is coming( a segment is being shot here tomorrow)
    -get ad leads for Linda
    -yoga
    -tame the paper tiger
    -1 lol
    -go onto Avon site and check orders, email team

spose that’s all for today............................................. ......

Good Morning Glorious Beachies!!!!!!!
  • Good morning!

Laurie We are glad you are back. You know you will work those pounds right on off. You were certainly missed.

Schatzi Camping is something we are really wanting to get into as a family. I think it would be the perfect family outing once you get all the equipment accumulated.

Ruth Hoping that your BORED meeting goes quickly!

Cottage Glad your weekend went well and that your GD made it safely.

Me- Number crunching for our monthly budgets in June and July. I am SO tired of worrying about money all the time! DH and I booked flights to go to NY, thinking that we never splurge on a single thing and now I am thinking that was a STUPID decision!!!! Too late as the flights are booked and paid for- I am just not sure we made the best choice.

Library for story time this morning and then my parents for dinner and the NBA finals.

Have a super day all.....
  • Hello and good morning. Looking like another sweltering day Thank goodness I have an office job. Although the exercise and sweat of an outside job would be good for my weight loss
    I'm finally over my sickness and back to good health. You know I didn't realize how healthy and lucky I am to be healthy until I got sick. Guess I've been looking at the glass as half empty
    Not much on the agenda today.
    We had spagetti last night. The first time since I started SBD. The kids were so happy. They LOVE spagetti. I made ww pasta and they even loved it too. DH wouldn't even try it , so I made him the regular.
    Still hanging at the same weight. I'm disappointed at no loss but at least I haven't gained...

So sorry about your grandmother Laurie but like you said at least she knew where she was going and looked forward to seeing her husband.

Hello to Cottage, Ruth, and Schatzi

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Good Morning Ladies

Even if we're having a rainy day. Was woken up by some thunder bommers coming right over us,[at 5 AM ]but I managed to go back to sleep. Poor Leo couldn't sleep anymore and went downstairs to have a early breakfast. Now hes really off schedule.

Finally our car is in the shop and we will get it back either on Friday or early next week.Can't wait,don't like the rental,has no power like our car has.

I'm really up on my weight and have to bring it down somehow.I'm trying something new this week[started Monday],NOT getting on the SCALE :like I used to.NOT snacking during meals,have my fruits & yogurts with the meals,and when SB says you allowed 1 WW bagel,English muffin, or burger roll. I'm EATTING ONLY HALF. So far its working I not that hungry.Filling up with veggies at all meals.I made a delicious cucumber salad again,and once our tomatoes are on the vine, I will make tomato salad with the mozz balls. YUMMMMY!! I can't wait.

Hugs BB
  • Good morning everyone! Just a quick drive by...I have lots to do before going into work today and my wireless mouse keeps dying on me ...must need new batteries. I was a good girl today - I got my behind to Curves!!
    Chat w/ you later ....happy b-day Crock!
  • Happy Tuesday Everyone!
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I had a looong day at the office but that is usual! I hope everyone is doing ok! I have been doing really well sticking on plan! I am glad to see everyone posting. Welcome back beachgal!
  • Howdy All!

Boy did I make a mistake. I read a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers that sounded fabulous! And they taste great...but they are HOT!!!!! My mouth is burning. Thank goodness for that fudgesicle but I am one hurting chick!!
  • another okay day, not perfect but WAY better than the last while.

Hi Soon!! How goes the Avon???????
    I made PC on my 1 year anniversary in May!!! Liking the perks!!!