South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Warriors

Rise and Shine Chicadees ! Daylights a Burnin The Cawfee pot a perkin And the Tea Kettle's a whistling!

So what's everyone got planned for the weekend? Let me let the pups out and fill my cawfee mug ......be back in a bit!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Schatzi, I'm risen and shining and enjoying my coffee. I'm leaving as soon as I get some clothes packed for my daughter's until Monday. Tomorrow Caitlyn leaves for France, so I want to spend some time with her and then see her off at the airport. She's so excited she can hardly stand it. I hope this experience is everything she's dreaming of. We're sure going to miss her, France is sooooo far away and she's never been that far from home. But now she's 16, so I guess it's just the beginning.
Jake is happy to have me gone for the weekend, he has several outdoor projects he wants to get done and claims he can't get anything done when I'm around.
Enjoy your weekend!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Earplugs work! I popped them in last night and managed to sleep until 6:15! We had a big thunderstorm last night too which I barely heard. This may be the solution. Do you think Lucy will ever give up the silly morning barking?

It's darned wet around here so today will be an indoor day for the morning at least. I am going to make some broccoli soup and also make a list of the single serving frozen meals I have on hand - very convenient for my marathon gardening days! I looked at some frozen dinners like Lean Cuisine Spa meals. I was appalled to see that they provide from 23 to 33 percent of our RDA for sodium. :shock: We need only 2500 mg per day. I'm a warrior against salt and not just on the weekend!

After all my weather whining of a week or so ago, I must confess I'm actually glad of a wet day. I need to do lots of straightening out and putting away of clothes. I guess my winter barn jacket won't be needed for a while!

What are your weekend plans? Sunday is Father's Day, of course.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Cottage! Yes, France is far away but what a place! Your daughter will remember it forever. Enjoy your weekend as Jake will.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #5  

Cottage - how absolutely wonderful for DD! I'm sure she will come home with lots of wonderful memories to last forever!. Enjoy your time and here's hopin those home projects get done!

Ruth - This is the 3rd rain free day here in 2 weeks. The tiger lilies, gardenias and glads are a bloomin -- and the butterfly bush is starting to burst with purple flowerettes We're having Landlord/ess over for BBQ today.. I'm making all OP (cept dessert) .. Shrimp cocktail, Strip Steaks, steamed veggies, butternut casserole, Mandarin Orange salad... and, unfortunately they've requested my Hawaiian Wedding cake for dessert... so I need some

Well my cawfee tank is full... so I'm off to the grocery store!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies! Sounds like everyone is busy busy on this Saturday morning. I find myself with little to do, so I think I will work on meal planning for next week. It helps me so much to think ahead. Less cheating that way!

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #7  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Mornin' Gals!

Today I think I'm pretty busy. I've got to go grocery shopping, look at kitchen tables ( hopefully put one on law away ), pay the bills, go yard sale hopping, place an ad to sell my too big sofa, and try to find my kitty a friend so she doesn't get so lonely while I'm gone.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #8  

Default Morning Ladies!

Good Morning Ladies! I see it's a typical Saturday with everyone being busy,busy, busy! I am trying to figure out how to stay on plan this weekend! We are having a dinner at my MIL's house. We will be celebrating Father's day and we have just been making this routine to spend time with her. She is taking Chemo and going through alot right now But spending time with her helps us all! Me and my SIL are trying to figure out what to have right now. But at least I'm staying on plan! I am kinda discouraged as I see no change in my measurements this last week. I have been dropping pretty good but now I guess I am at a stall. Is this normal? Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. What are ya'll doing for Fathers Day?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #9  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

ahhh just finished a wonderful lunch of leftover stuffed chicken breasts I made last night. Mmmmm good, spinach and feta and hint of balsamic vinegar.

Went to the gym with the boys and tried a new running plan from a magazine-changing speed intervals every 2 min. it kicked my butt and now I stink so off to the showers...

Ruth-ear plugs are an addiction of mine, lol. Once you start you can stop-it's near impossible to sleep without that muffled inside your head sound
Old 06-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Happy Saturday Chicks,

Everyone must be busy, busy today! My family are all heading down to the boat dock for a BBQ, maybe go for a ride on the Sea Doos! First time this year & I can't wait!! You get a great workout from riding wave runners on Lake Huron.
Planned out my menu for fathers day, heading to Home depot for some gardening supplies, then grocery store, going to set up the pool for kids & get my freezer up and running! Phew....I'm tired just thinking about it all!

Batmom- I wish I liked to run...or could run!! LOL Kudos to you!

Have a safe & happy weekend everyone!!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Hello busy beach bees..

I am feeling much better( having a bout of bronchitis) I am still somewhat tired, my head is heavy, I have to keep in check or I will be napping, And I hate to nap during daylight hours.. I am scared to death I will miss something. But I am fightin lying down right now. I hope everyone is doing well this weekend and do you know what sucks,, Sharing your Birthday with Fathers day,,only happens once and a while but , I want to be queen for ONE day, oh. well that is what the middle of next week will be for.. just to busy out and about this weekend to do much...... Take care everyone,,
Old 06-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #12  
beachbum

Thanks Ladies for all your best wishes & congrats you gave to my DH & I.
Hope you all have a nice weekend. See you on Monday. Plus HAPPY Fathers Day to all your hubbys.

Hugs BB
Old 06-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #13  

Hola!

Barb Can you believe it rained last night?? I slept through every drop and had no idea. Our t-ball game was canceled this morning. I am glad to hear that things are coming together for camp!!!!

Cottage Enjoy your weekend! Is it your DD or GDD going to France?

Beach Bum Fabulous news about Leo. What a wonderful Father's Day gift!!

Schatzi Is it too late to invite myself to your BBQ???????

Crock Will you lay down and rest?? (Have you been laying off the smokes??? You are doing so well with your weightloss- you need to take care of every aspect of your body!!!!! )

Ruth Earplugs sound like a grat idea! Our house is small and between DD snoring and the noise the girls make sleeping that is a fabulous solution.

Good day here- we showed up at our rained out game today and the kids who showed played the adults. I had the baby with me- so watched from the sidelines. We then met my mom at the mall and she shopped for an outfit for an upcoming wedding. I talked her into spurgling a bit and she bought a pretty outfit from Coldwater Creek. OP day- we had a good summertime meal of grilled pork chops and stemaed green beans for me- the girls had a bit of pasta and watermelon.

Off to finish up a Father's Day project for DH- sadly he works tomorrow.

Last edited by Kiko; 06-17-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #14  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

I just wanted to share this website with everyone. www.mypyramid.gov

It was shown to me yesterday. It helps you calculate if you're eating enough or too much of anything, and if you're getting the right amount of exercise.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

GOOD MORNING,,

Kiko~ Yep I did have a rest yesterday,, and I am concious of the SMOKING, I am working on the Mental aspect to just quit the darn things all together,you are right,, I and making healthy decisions but after I eat a healthy meal , I light up a cigarette HOW redundant is that.. Thanks for the concern,, I am working on it...

Weighed in this morning and I am down 3 lbs......that make 76 lbs that I have lost..Man the SBD way of life is sure for me.... I will be adding some more recipes to my menu next week,,, So I dont get bored... Take Care Everyone..
Closed Thread