South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #1  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Somebody Help me Please

This is day 5 for me on South Beach. Over the hump as I wish to call it. But I'm confused on some things. How much do I get to eat???? For Breakfast I had 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 pieces of Canadian Bacon. For lunch a had a package of Broccalli Slaw with 3TBLs slivered Almonds, 1/4 c low fat feta cheese crumbled, turkey breast from the deli and about 1/4 low fat Paul Newman's Raspberry Walnut Vinegerette Dressing. Am I eating too much??? Do I still get to snack??? Like could I have some nuts, or a slice of cheese as a snack. I feel like I'm eating way too much, or I shouldn't have this many options.....Help!!!!

Thanks.
JPS
Old 06-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

You are good to go.. I see it has been a while with no response! the beachers around here are a busy folk..... however, as long as you follow your intake of what is limited, then what is unlimeted..like protein.. You will be fine,, I felt exactly the same way as you when I first began the SBD life style... hold fast and if you need anything PM me ..... Take care.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi JPS,
It sounds like you are doing everything right, I would check out the raspberry dressing- not allowed sugar or fruit on ph 1. I am a newbie too, day 11 ph 1 here. I have lost 10 lbs so far, and honestly felt like I have been eating too much. I normally eat 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white scrambled with green pepper, sweet onions and mushrooms occasionally 2 pcs Oscar Myer turkey bacon, sometimes I'll add grated cheese. Lunch: a couple of slices deli roast beef/ provolone Romaine wraps with mustard, dinner a large salad w/ grilled meat, sometimes I'll add hard boiled eggs, cheese, avocado, sour cream, lots of diff veges, canned beans. I always have a mocha frappacino, SF Popsicle and I don't worry about the creamer in my coffee. I can't even eat the snacks because I feel so full.
Just make sure your meats are lean, don't go over on your oils, stay in line with the 2 cups daily, get your veges, check those ingredients for added sugars and drink water. I couldn't believe the amount of sugar hidden in so called 'healthy' foods. Just eat until you are 'full', and you will be fine.
Best of Luck!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not to worry. Hang in there. I don't see any legumes or dairy. Are you being sure you get them?
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

I forgot to mention to count out the nut servings- one serving a day.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #6  

Lady..you're doin good! Some thoughts:

Watch the portion size on the dressing.. a 1/4 cup has alot of cals in it..check the serving size... and keep yer eye on the amount of nuts too.

get some dairy in as well, and try some beans as another protein source.

On SBD we dont necessarily count anything like calories or # of proteins/carbs etc... except as noted in the food list.. but watch your portion sizes..
Closed Thread