South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tame Tuesday Chat - June 13

I wish I could crawl back into bed with Lucy who woke me at 4 once again with her desperate barking. I'm not sure what her problem is but think its separation anxiety. I'm considering letting her sleep with me but really don't want her to get in the habit. And then there's Hershey to consider. I constantly have to remind myself that they are JUST dogs and stop anthropomorphasizing - or however you spell it! I may just buy ear plugs.

We may actually see the sun today! My garden is still soggy but I should be able to do some planting around the edges. I need to finish the fairgrounds too. It's still pretty darn cool for June but the rest of those plants MUST go into the ground for sure this week if I'm to get any kind of crop.

Tonight I have three meetings - the Cemetery Board (Bored), the Mill Society AGM and a Volunteer Appreciation thingie. I'll send a report to the first, attend the AGM in a CYA move and will have to skip the last one. I feel pretty appreciated these days because I got an award for my work with the Communities In Bloom project. I guess quitting the committee got noticed. I also suspect it's a ploy to get me back on the committee for next year when the International Plowing Match is held just down the road. I'm already working on the finance committee for that event which is a biggie!

Time to get dressed and outside. I can actually see blue sky! I need to fold some laundry and mix up some dog food for the freezer but it'll be the big outdoors after that.

Have a super day, Sprouts!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

By "Tame Tuesday", I meant tame the cravings. (Can you tell that yesterday was a bad day for me? )
Old 06-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #3  

I think I should just move into a houseboat and buy an electric genny. We had a tornado touch down about 2 miles from here on Sunday night.. We have a partially downed 60 foot lollily pine in the backyard... No power Sunday night through yesterday morn. DH got around to reconfiguring the routers last night after we cleared the yard of all the downed branches and got the LL to make an appointment with a tree cutter to take the pine down. UGH! livin in Nerth Caroliner has been eye opening!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Schatzi, I am glad you are OK.

Hey, if you move into a houseboat, you could spend the summers here on the Upper or Lower Lake! We could garden together. I could even manage to find some downed trees for you and the DH to deal with!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't stay on the computer to long,have to call my DD & DSIL this morning after the kids go to school and wish them a Happy Anniversary. They're married 9 years,with the 10 year mark next year.

We're heading out to Hyannis to go to BJ's to pick up some items we need,and then to the Mall for other items. Than on Thurs & Fri out to there again for Leo's cat scan and doctor appointment.

We don't know when our car will be fixed so we have to use the rental a little while longer. Hope the insurance company pays,as there a time limit.Suppost to rental after our car is in the shop. But we went to the police dept and they advised us to rent a car earlier as we could get a ticket after ticket with a broken tail light. Just can't win,between the and the deep sea.

Congrats to all the losers and here to next week for the rest.

Will post later

Hugs BB
Old 06-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
The sun is supposed to stay out in our little part of the world today, hurray! Actually yesterday turned out to be a rather nice day, too, except I wanted it to be a bit warmer. All I do is complain, never satisfied, am I?
Cindy is dropping off the girls here today so I'm waiting for them now. Another nanny friend of mine just called to see about a playdate for this afternoon, so we may do that before their swim lessons later. Either way it will be a long day for me, as Cindy has a polo game this evening. I'm trying to get my cravings under control and did OK yesterday except that I found some leftover Pots de Creme in the fridge and just had to have one. I must try harder today!
Schatzi, I'm glad you made it through the tornado and other storms you've been having. Is the weather there in Carolina always like that?

Beachbum ~ I hope you get your insurance all straightened out in your favor. It seems to me since the trash truck hit you that they should be liable for all expenses?

Ruth ~ Another busy day for you, huh? Enjoy the sunshine today, and let us know what's happening with Harry's diagnosis.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Morning all....

Sure am tired this morning. We have two female dogs and they are both in heat . There is a male dog running crazy around our house and the dogs bark all night so I haven't gotten much sleep. After this round we will be getting them fixed. Should have already done it but it's not cheap so I've put it off.

Jewelry party tonight. I was expecting about 12 people but I've already had 3 cancel

I'm still holding steady. No loss/gain for the third week now. I'm guessing it's my portions holding me back. Plus I've become hooked on p-nuts, especially pistachios I've gotta quit buying them. They've become my new "chips".

Schatzi wow, I'm glad your ok. I visited NC once and loved it and told DH that's where I want to retire to but I may rethink that. At least with hurricanes we have warnings.

Ruth I sure hope you get to see the sun today. Sounds like you have lots of planting to do.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

G'morning chick's,

The sun is shining here in the thumb area of MI, but it was pretty cold last night. Where is summer??? Finally have a day off, only one more day of school for the kids. I'll get to sleep in Thursday morning!!!

Ruth- it sounds like your pooches are like having a newborn baby. I love dogs, my folks used to breed golden retrievers. What breed do you have? Also I posted a update to the shrimp recipe, check it out and let me know what you think.
I live on the Sarnia border, I think my weather heads right towards you- I will order up some sun shine & send your way.
Schatzi- scary night, glad you are all okay.
Beachbum- between the insurance companies & the law enforcement, it seems hard to catch a break
Cottage- enjoy the polo game and remember you are stronger than those tempting Pots de Creme!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

All right chicks I need to ramble for a moment..

My 35th Birthday is this Sunday, And we all know the traditional Birthdays, Cake Icecream and or a Outting to a fav restaurant... Well I am thinking of what to do this day,,, do I celebrate my new life style .. or do I indulge.. it is my day after all.. I am not sure what to do.. My Best friend always makes my favorite Birthday Cake and we have cake and coffee and BS for a few hours. I never really thought about things untill I realized she is at a loss of what to do.. I have only went off kilter 2 times since I began working on my Life style change. and both of them were drinking too many beers.. I have be OP food wise and never strayed.... Just thinking...
Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #10  

It's sure hot enough here but we are supposed to cool down to the low 90's soon. No rain in sight though and we're having orange and red ozone days which limits outdoor activity.

MsCrockett - What I have done sometimes is to limit myself to one small portion of a treat. That means I cannot keep it in my house though. I need to make sure it is shared and any extras go elsewhere. I either fix myself an OP dinner that I might not normally make (maybe expensive seafood) or I go out to eat somewhere where I can stay OP. I prefer to have a small portion of a dessert as a birthday treat and keep the eating OP. This is a lifestyle change and there will be times we want to indulge but it is easiest to limit the amount. Dr. A suggests keeping to three bites.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Thank you Barb
Old 06-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Good morning beachers! Sounds like everyone is up and am 'em. I just got back from my run and it feels good to sweat. I'm still reeling from my indulgence on Sunday...not even going near the scale. If I would have paid attention to the calendar I would have realized that TOM was coming for a visit..............I was sooo discouraged over doing Phase 1 for three weeks and not having that last week tip the scales! Anyway, now I know...sheesh hormones, you can't live with em and you can't live without em. Cheated yesterday too, but now that I know the hormones are the evil twin I can get in control again. Today I'm going to make some fresh ground whole wheat bread, I'm going to put 9 grain cereal in the dough and probably some sunflower seeds. One small slice of that will be a whole meal. I'm also going to make a chicken waldorf salad, my whole family loves that.

Ruth, I think you should resign from a few more committees. Wow, girl how do you keep up?

Schatzi, you take care! If you get too much more weird weather you are going to have to move to Idaho! We only have the Yellowstone caldera to worry about!

Beach bum, have fun in Hyannis, my hugs and prayers for Leo's scan!

cottage, I don't know what pots de creme is, but I'll send you some of this:

wannabed, two dogs in heat............speaking of hormones ruling the world!

Luc's, I love summer vacation too! It's fun to have the kids home.

MsCrockett, your stats are sooooo good! I'm proud of you. I think that if you don't totally fall off the wagon then have a few bites of a treat....like Barb said 3 or so. You have done such a great job!

Barb, sounds like you are having some seriously hot weather. Hopefully a little shower will head your way. My son in Iraq says that it's 130 right now....expected to get up to 150! How do people survive there?

Well, I'm off to get into my day. I'm going to get a haircut and do a little shopping for girls camp next week!

Hugs to all
Old 06-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #13  

Crocky! First Happy Birthday! 35 is gonna be a great year for the NEW YOU!
Nuthin wrong with an occassional treat..Like the gals said, try for an OP dinner, and maybe a birthday cupcake and maybe start a new bday tradition, like doing your favorite thing on that day... or trying something new.

RNMOM: what the hoodledoo is a yellowstone caldera?? Seriously, this weather really is gettin on my last noive! The tree cutter guys are here... noives a steel they got... I'd be ascared to climb up these trees!
lucsmom!
Cottage: I have no clue! We just moved here from joisey late July.. so this is all new to us...The winter and early spring and fall were loverly...but so fair its been nuthin but rain, hail, rain, tornadoes, did I say rain? oh yeah and more rain... bleah

Hotmomma: BACK AWAY FROM THE NUTS U NUT!!!! Seriously as a pistachio addict I had to give them up completely! while nutritious they are high cal and high fat!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #14  

Hey gals!

Late check in for me as we were at church all morning. Fun, very fun- but exhausting!!

Crock Happy upcoming birthday! I agree that a small splurge won't hurt. A lifestyle change means an occasional "cheat" and I really think there is a difference between a planned indulgence and an unplanned one.

Ruth, Cottage, and Schatzi PUH-LEEZ send some rain to Barb and myslef. We are dying here!!!!!!!!!

RN You will be fine girl- just hop right back on the wagon. You have been doing awesome!

We are having friends over for dinner. One of the girls I have been friends with for over 10 years- her sister is closer to my age and we have started hanging out together a lot this year. It is very fun- ours kids are all the same age, so we have a great time together. Very comfortable, easy friendship. I am making a batch of tacos and will have mine over greens as I have already had a half of an english muffin today.

Okay- I need to fold a quick load of laundry before the baby girl wakes up. Have a super evening all!!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #15  

go away, go visit kiko and Barb in Barren TEXAS--why duncha?? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT's RAINING grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...AGAIN!!!! Crapity crap crap in my hat! The tree cutters took away the lollily pine-THANK GAWD! I was ascared it will fall on the house..
Closed Thread