South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #1  

Default Hummus

Although I am not officially back on the beach yet, I wonder if any of you have had problems with hummus. . . . My major one is PORTION CONTROL.

I know theoretically there is not much of that on the SBD but I find it easy to get carried away, and it is pretty caloric if you do.

Any thoughts? Has it slowed you down? Has anyone eliminated it altogether?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not on SBD but I know I have an easier time with portion control if I get a small dish in the kitchen, measure hummus in it, put the hummus away, and go to the table to eat it... that way I'm not tempted to eat too much of it. It's my downfall too!! YUM
Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #3  

Yer right SBD doesn't explore portion control much.. The Good Fats/Good Carb guide does frame things in sizes...not necessarily serving size that may be listed on most packages. As we know even tooo much of a good thing could be a bad thing! Some folks find that even if they are eating near 100 % OP their weight loss stalls, and one of the culprits is portion size. so WATCH for portion distortion! Go by the serving info on the hummus and stick to that, if Hummus acts as a trigger, or something you can't get enough of, I would eliminate it completely- and try a substitute you can control.
Closed Thread