South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #1  

Default HI!! Back on the SBD wagon!

I posted in other forum about being the only fat chick in the circle of hottie friends (but they don't notice my weight..they love me the way I am because of my personality)..

Anyway
how does today's food look for today?

Today i had
breakfast - Western Omlettes (eggs, peppers, and onions) milk and small can of V8 juice
snack - 1 mozzllera cheese stick and 4 slices of canadian bacon (sBD approved and it was stamped on the package)
lunch.. taco meat, some cheese (kraft 2% cheese and sbd approved/stamped) and put in the lettuce wraps (bought at Trader's Joe)

dinner just chicken breast grilled (frozen kind and bought from Trader's Joe) and roasted vegettables (frozen veggeies and roasted in oven) --got that idea off sbd reciepe message board.. think from 3fatchicks...

and snack.. not sure.. either sugar free choc milk mix powder (quik) into fat free milk ... or 1 sf fudge bar
Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back to The Beach!

You definitely need more veggies! It is recommended that we get a minimum of 4 1/2 cups daily! To me, lettuce doesn't count as a veggie if it's iceburg. Remember that legumes are good carbs and can be added to your menu.

What are the ingredients in the choc milk powder? Cornstarch and other crud is sometimes used as filler. Chocolate is not a Phase I food.

Let us know how you do and please join us in the Daily chat thread.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #3  

Hi .... yup, you do need more veggies. They are key to me, more veggies = more full belly for me.

Question, though -- the "lettuce wraps" from TJ, are they specifically for making sandwiches, wraps, etc? Or is it just lettuce that works well in that capacity. For a long time, I tried to make lettuce wraps, but the things just kept falling apart.

Welcome to 3FC and SBD!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bibb or Boston lettuce works fine for wraps as it has softer and bigger leaves.
As a Canadian, I have no idea what TJ is1 We are so culturally deprived up here!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Bibb or Boston lettuce works fine for wraps as it has softer and bigger leaves.
As a Canadian, I have no idea what TJ is1 We are so culturally deprived up here!

Trader Joe's. The nearest one to me is 20 minutes away -- I just wondered whether I should drive there, since thinbefore40 specifically mentioned the lettuce wraps.

I'll just stick with my Stop & Shop's Boston lettuce then. I've been using large romaine leaves for sandwiches and tacos and they never work out so well. Thanks for the tip, Ruth!
Closed Thread