3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Should I restart Phase 1?!?!?!?!?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/86435-should-i-restart-phase-1-a.html)

foxyangel8971 06-08-2006 07:51 PM

Should I restart Phase 1?!?!?!?!?!

Okay...I have been on Phase 1 of southbeach since Monday...and I was doing very well...but I need to know if I have completly messed it up as of today, and should I simply start the phase over again tomorrow (instead of being day 5, it would just be good ol' day 1?)

I had a non-fat latte today....is non-fat permitted? I keep hearing mixed things?
I ate way too many nuts?! (should I start over if I over-indulge in a phase 1 allowed food?)
I had 2 sips of diet coke with malibu rum in it...and i KNOW there is NO alcohol allowed?!?!

Anyone who could answer me this thank you so so so much!!! :hug:

amelie77 06-08-2006 08:08 PM

Well, I will do my best to help! Unless your latte was sugar free, it isn't acceptable. Nuts are often a food I over indulge in also, but I am not too hard on myself about it, I just try to skip them the next day or something like that. I have found that, after running my foods through fitday, nuts add more calories and fat then I would like, and therefore makes them easier to avoid. You already know about the rum, but 2 sips won't blow your diet. I say keep moving through phase one as you are, not starting over, but just monitor your cravings and don't move to phase two unless you feel crave free. Tomorrow, try a sugar free coffee!

ShellESQ 06-09-2006 07:42 AM

Hi-

I have a question about your latte- if it was just a latte- made with espresso and nonfat milk, I think you should be okay. If you added syrups or whipped cream, then it's definitely NOT phase 1.

But I'm not an expert...yet. :)

Nuts are the enemy.

Bye!
Michele

Ruthxxx 06-09-2006 07:57 AM

Latte could be OK - depending.

Yes, nuts can really screw you up.

I hint - try diet cola with rum extract, ice and a slice of lemon - tastes pretty good. Fool the tongue!

foxyangel8971 06-09-2006 11:21 AM

Thanks guys!!! I ordered a grande non-fat, sugarfree vanilla latte! So i think that was okay! the nuts I went overboard on...and then...and THEN...I messed it ALL up by eatting some no pudge brownies at my Mom's house!...but thats okay...because today is the restart of my phase 1...everyone makes mistakes...and now I know...that I need to have a bit more willpower! :) Wish me luck!:D

and Thanks for the advice!:hug:

smartypants 06-09-2006 05:52 PM

oooo, Ruth knows all the good tricks ;). I have found I will overindulge on certain nuts (like my fave pistachios). I switched to almonds. Something about them being harder to chew. After a while, my jaw gets tired! And I hear ya about the lattes. I am a bit of a coffeeholic, but have not found any difference if I make them non-fat and use Splenda or get a sugar free syrup in it. I think overall, if you indulged in allowed foods, you are probably pretty safe.