Exercising on the Beach

• Hi Gals-

How is everyone? I feel like I know all of you, because I lurk on here so much, but I never post. Everyone is so very inspiring, and I want to thank you for giving me the guts to go on the diet.

Okay. I am a huge exercise fan, but for some reason I am a bit chunky. I run 2-3 miles 5 times a week, and I lift weights. I have not been able to lose any weight---then I found out that I have PCOS, which is inhibiting the whole get skinny goal.

So I started Phase 1 on monday, and already lost three pounds. But I have to work out- if I don't work out every day, I go nuts. I'm an attorney, and I sit at my desk all day, and I just really need that endorphin rush that I get out of running. But I was running last night and I just felt totally pooped. My legs ached, and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

How much exercise should I be doing? Is it more beneficial to just lift weights during Phase 1, especially in light of the amount of protein we're allowed? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks!
    Michele
  • Michelle! Glad to see you come out of Lurking mode

On phase 1 a lot of folks have the same "symptoms" -- tired, draggy, foggy, headachy are some of the major ones.

Some of us opt to not exercise while on Phase 1 -- some of opt to do our normal routine, but less intensive until the body adjusts to SB.

upping your legumes, and milk/dairy helps!
  • Hmm...not sure about that since I suffer from too much energy on P1. You also have to remember that you aren't consuming most of the sugars you have been consuming (like fruit). So, without the fast-acting sugars like fruit juice, etc., your body my feel a little more tired after exercising.