TGIF - June 2

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning. I hope today looks good to you. I'll be back with coffee after petting and potty. I think we can sip and chat on the deck this morning and watch the sunrise.

• CAwfee's Abrewin
    here Ruth!
    DH and I are heading out to Lake Jordan for a day of Kayaking. I'm packing fruit salad, bean salad and sandwiches as DH is putting the kayaks up on the truck. Time fer a good upper body/arm workout!
  • Hiya
    Well, hello you two! I'm not sure who's going to have more fun Ruth or Schatzi? Ruth is the petting and potty for the canines?????? Schatzi, you sound like you are going to have a blast! Use sunscreen!

TGIF here on this end of the beach, glad to have a day off. Cleaned house last night till the wee hours of the AM, even did the fridge, so I'm going to be very lazy today, after my run and weights work out of course.

Happy Firday to everyone!
  • Sillies! The potty and petting was for the Doggage. They were most delighted to see me this morning. I love their enthusiasm!

It was actually cold in the house this morning. I thought I'd turned the AC off instead of on but it was just a major change in our weather.

Today I am going to scout out what needs to be done for the flower plantings over at the Fairgrounds. No fancy 'Flame' geraniums are going in over there this year as somebody stole them last year right out of the beds! It'll be petunias and snaps this year and, if they get stolen, there will not be a planting next year. I plan to have some teens help me plant which could solve the problem although supervising them will take longer than doing it myself.

Haircut this afternoon and then nothing on tonight! I have been out and about four nights in a row and am looking forward to an evening dog walk and some down time.

My veggie garden is still soaked from the rains and needs to be tilled again before I plant. Actually delaying has been good because the deer have visited and they ate all my neighbour's peas which he planted four weeks ago!

I do hope the tired Chickies get a chance to relax a bit this weekend. Life sounds pretty hectic for lots of us.

OK - into the gardening clogs and over to the Fairground.
  • Wonder where everyone is this morning! Back in bed probably where I wish I was. But nooooo the exercise fairy is calling my name!

So ladies I was HORRIBLE for about a week and a half. Tuesday the scale said 157 and I wanted to shoot myself! So it's been quickly going back down, yesterday said 147, so I think today or tomorrow should show that I'm still around 145. But I'm back on the wagon, and today is Day 4 of Phase 1 revisited. Just really want to get out of hte 140s!

We're headed to the Kerrville Folk Festival tonight to camp for a couple of nights, listen to music and revisit all sorts of memories because my parents took me there every summer while I was growing up. Taking the BF who has never been there so I'm really excited about getting to share that with him!

RNMOM - I have to say that I don't know which of you 3 is going to have a better day! I'm jealous of your day off!

Schatzi - Man kayaking sounds awesome! Again, I'm jealous!

And Ruth - Good mornin' to ya! How's that sunrise?
  • Good morning everyone,
    I thought there'd be a lot more posts here by now! I stopped in for coffee with Mom & Dad right after Curves, that's why I'm later than usual. It's going to be a soupy weather day, thunderstorms off and on, and the humidity is so thick you could slice it with a knife. We have nothing special going on today, Maggie has a DR appt after lunch, and I may be getting off work early. Even though this was a 4 day week, it's sure seemed like it was a whole lot longer! I'm still fighting a tug and war battle with that darned bird. I knock down the nest, and 5 minutes later it's back again! I don't want to give her a chance to lay eggs in it, or she WILL win the battle!
  • Cottage, can you put something on the ledge to deter her? I find a piece of crumpled foil sometimes makes them change their mind. Knocking down the nest is a drag - and messy!
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Ruth, but I don't know if it will work. Jake rolled up a piece of chicken wire and put it up there, but it hasn't deterred her in the least.
  • morning!! just got my HD DVR via UPS last night and today I get to play!! Sadly I love watching tv, way too much. It's funny for as often as I go to the gym to exercise, I'm really quite a lazy at heart

I did very well yesterday until dietbuster DH came home from Chili's with the southwestern eggrolls that I love so well, bad bad bad

I do however have a gret recipe that tastes just like them minus all the deep frying part so if nayone wants it let me know. Ok today back in the saddle, DH closes so I'm all set
  • cottage, we've got a friendly little bird that decide to build her nest in the newspaper slot right under my mailbox. So everytime I pull up in my car to grab my mail, i fear that she'll fly right into my car, lol. Lucky so far but now she's got egg in there...hopefully she'll move out soon
  • Happy Anniversary to Kiko and DH!!
    Good morning!

Today is our 5th anniversary. We will go out and celebrate when DH is off this upcoming week.

Sarah Wow! If your weight went up it sure shifted back down quickly! WTG getting back on Phase 1.

Ruth How sad that someone would steal the flowers. People never cease to amaze me!

Schatzi Have fun with your DH- that sounds like a blast!

RN Can you come do some cleaning at my house?? Please?????

Cottage Do you work from home? Enjoy your day!

Me- stayed totally OP yesterday and feel much better today. We went to a friend's for dinner and I took 4 bean salad and a can of tuna. I second what Ruth said the other day when she said that no one really cares what we are eating!! Today we are heading to another friend's for lunh and then an afternoon of swimming. It should be fun and should wear us all out! I am not too excited about getting into a bathing suit, the 3 girls I will be with are all thin. Oh well- it is about having fun with my own kids, so I need to get over it!!

More coffee is needed!!
  • Morning Bat! I love those eggrolls too!
  • Just a quick hello to everyone! I have so many things to do today before I go into work at 5. Only two more days off until we leave for Key West a week from tomorrow! I'm SO EXCITED! WOO HOO! It's about time. Mom and Dad are down there at the condo right now.

I hope everyone is doing fine! I have 8 loads of laundry to get done today so I'd better get moving! I've been up for 30 minutes and haven't done squat. Talk to you all soon!

Lisa
  • Hey chickadees....Friday came awfully quickly this week! I feel like I've barely done any work or exercise.

My weight's playing a teensy up-and-down game, though. The scale's telling me I'm still at 200.5 today -- so I've chosen to ignore its fiendish lies!

I guess I don't have to much to report! I'm eating lots of good stuff, avoiding the bad stuff (like the brownie mousse cake and ice cream my sister had for her birthday on Wednesday).

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Hi ladies! I know it's been a while since I was here so I wanted to stop in and say hello! I graduated college now the job search begins in full. I didn't make any weight loss goals but I am okay with that. I am starting Phase I again and I think I will be able to stick with it. I hope you ladies are having a great day on the beach. It's overcast and recovering from a beautiful thunderstorm from last night. Beach-hugs to all!
    -Li