South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Hot Hump Day - May 31

Lucy had me up at 4 so I'll start us up. The AC ran most of the night - probably because it was 99ºF with the humidex at 8 PM! Crazy weather!

I'll be back with coffee - iced this morning!
Old 05-31-2006, 05:32 AM   #2  

Time to shake yer Tail feathers Chicks! Rise n Shine

Morning Ruth and Lucy! We're in the middle of a thunderstorm right now ... All them leprachauns are Bowling up there!

Hi to all you new chicadees! To all you old Hens it's gooooood to be back! After 3 trips to the hospital, some respiratory therapy, and a nasty bout of poison ivy I'm feelin fit as a fiddle de dee!

Already got a load of laundry in... and on my second tank of cawfee... time to whip this house into shape, and if the weather clears, some planting and wash n wax the kayaks is on the docket fer today!!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
I've only time for a quick check-in, life's been pretty hectic the past few days but should slow down soon. All is well, and I've been staying OP except for a few close moments with ice cream, but my weight is holding steady so I can say I"m lucky for that!
Hang in there with the hot weather Ruth, we're having a heat wave here, too. But with all the moaning & groaning I did when it was cold, I feel sheepish complaining about it, LOL!
Schatzi, it's great to have you back and feeling better!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Well, it's about time for my afternoon nap! The Girls are fed, pottied, cuddled, the garbage is gathered and out to the road, the dishwasher is run and emptied, I'm on the second load of laundry and I've baked a rum cake for the book club party tonight! Whew!

Cottage, I'm in the same boat as you - I was crabbing just ten days ago about how cold it was! Too bad we can't save a bit of this stuff for February!

Schatzi Darlink, it's so nice to "see" you back and functioning after that horrible crud that took you to the hospital. Were you having "fun" when you got poison Ivy?

I'm going to the Greenhouse for a few hours at noon to give Lorraine a lunch and nap break. I'll take an OP lunch - finally the last of the bean salad, some romaine and a hard boiled egg. That bean salad keeps forever! I wonder how it would freeze.

Tonight is the pot luck for my book club. It's not really pot luck because Sheilagh who is super organized has sent a list of what everyone is bringing:
chicken/pasta/asparagus cold dish, three other hot dishes, veggie plus dip or Greek salad, Jello fruit cake(?), spinach salad, cheese/artichoke dip, four bean salad, vegetarian main dish and my Bacardi rum cake! Sheesh! I'm hoping the dip comes with some veggies and will focus on the salads and ignore the desserts - especially the Jello fruit cake, whatever that is!

I'm, going to go out into the stream bath and move some plants around. Then it'll be cool shower time before I hit the Greenhouse.

Keep cool, chickies!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #5  

Hi Chickies -

Just a quick note...I have a lot of work to catch up on!!

Colorado was fantastic. DBF and I choose the apartment we are going to live in. It is two bedrooms and huge (compared to the studio we share now). The weather there was so beautiful. It was hot...but no humidity. We could really tell the difference when we landed back in Chicago (Humid!!)

I ate terrible, but did drink a lot of water

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I check back later @ lunch!

(double hugs to all!!)
Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Morning....
Not too much going on here. I hopped on the scale again this morning and I shouldn't have...It shows another 1lb gain....grrr I'm still on TOM and desperately hoping that's why. I just started phase II Tuesday and only had one good carb all day(whole wheat tortilla wraps for lunch) the rest of my meals were the same as phase I...surely I couldn't gain 3 lbs in less than a week
Today I'm having a whole wheat tortilla breakfast wrap for my one carb today. Lunch and supper will be phase I meals for me.
I"m going to fight the urge to step on the scale for another few days and pray it at least goes back to my pre TOM weight.

Ruth and Cottageyou are more than welcome to come visit me in sunny Florida, although it is really hot and humid here too and will be until October.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #7  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Morning Chickies!

It's a little cooler here today, with high's getting around 85. Last night was beautiful...I finally talked DH into taking a walk with me. I swear, it's like pulling teeth!

HotMama - don't give up....I feel like my weight may have stalled too or even that I've put a couple lbs. back on, but I"m going to rev up the exercise and do like you and eat two P1 meals every day.

Ruth - I can't believe Lucy had you up at 4 am! When Bailey does that to me, I grab her and put her in be with me and she usually goes right back to sleep. She's getting to the point now that she'd lounge in bed all day long if I'd let her.

Everyone else - have a great Hump day. I'd better get back to work for now.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #8  

Good morning!!

Welcome back Schatzi!! You know we missed ya!!

Social day for us today- an old teammate has invited several us to her house for lunch and end-of-year celebration. Then bunco tonight. Luncheon includes my kiddos, bunco does not. I can guarantee that there will not be OP foods at either, so I am going to do my best and skip dessert at both events. My Phase 2 transition isn't going as smoothly as I would like and I am already up a pound. No need to totally blow it for tomorrow's monthly weigh in.

Have a super day all and stay cool! There isn't much hope of that here in the Lone Star State, let me tell ya!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:31 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

You know, chickies, aside from TOM, our bodies do try to hold on to water in hot weather. Let's not panic too much.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 AM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok so got some more running in last night. Food was not great but not horrible either. Still need to up the water. Today, work as usual...I am going to catch a step aerobics class tonight, that always kicks my butt! I think my DH is even going to come with me. Then also hoping to get some strength trainging in...I am so close to my monthly exercise goal again this month...I hate to miss it.

ruth - The weather here is crazy too, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to regulate this ac.

schatzi - your back! We missed you hun (and your cawfee)

cottage - BACK AWAY FROM THE ICE CREAM!

annarenee - Glad you liked Colorado...one thing about Colorado that I forgot to mention before your trip....we have crazy weather. I have been skiing and then at the pool tanning all in the same week....

raeann - I would forget the scale till you have been off tom for a couple of days...just easier on yourself that way.

holly - I used to have the same problem with my DH, then I started just going it alone. He was so impressed with my workouts and how great I was feeling from them, he asks to go along now...

kiko - be good today You are worth it.

oh and I want to make a comment to

batmomm
sunlit
barb

who are all killing their exercise goals this month: YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Lets give each other a run for the money in the race for exercise queen!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Hey ladies, I've been slighly absent for the past few weeks, no excuses, just seem to be busier than normal, end of the school year stuff, visiting families, MIL in the hospital, working.........blah blah blah

Not much to report except my misbehavior and so I began phase 1 again. I'm on day 10 now. It's really been fun this time. Big difference for me was going to the recipe section of the site and getting recipes and cooking them. Before, I've just eaten plain boring stuff, chicken breast, grilled chicken breast, leftover chicken breast...............anyhoo, having a change was sooo good and I enjoyed tasting real food. I love the 5 bean salad, chicken divan, I'm trying some Mexican chicken thing tonight. It has made all the difference in my attitude. I had been lazy before just doing as little with interesting food as I could, then I would get discouraged because my taste buds were so bored. I'm going to do phase one until Tuesday then I'm going to celebrate by getting a facial.

Ruth, sounds like I would like to come and play in your garden. I LOVE pulling weeds. It's very satisfying.

Schatzi, my love, I'm so sorry you've been under the weather. I do think you should tell us where the poison ivy rash is............. Maybe you shouldn't be "romping" in the woods.

cottage, how are you doing?! Enjoy your hot weather, we had snow this past weekend and I built a fire in the fireplace.

anna, hope you enjoy living in the west, Colorado is beautiful country.

wannabemama, you are already HOT! Tell yourself that everyday! Drink a ton of water, that should help too.

wannabeagain, you are HOT too!!!! Tell us how you got DH to go on a walk? That wouldn't happen on my side of the beach.

Kiko, have fun tonight, that sounds so fun. How long have you been doing phase 2?

Well, I'm going to enjoy my day off today by puttering in the garden and going for a run. Hope you all have a great one!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:26 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Default hi

Hi Stephi, we must have posted at the same time.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #13  

RNMOM I have been on Phase 2 for a little over a week. I have done pretty well, but am not eating appropriate portions for allowable foods. (plus have cheated a tad here and there) How awesome you are doing so well- I really enjoy trying lots of recipes and varying things up. It makes all the difference!!

Ruth Good point on the water retention! I am going to chug three of my 32 ounce bottles today to help with that.

Stephie You are too sweet! Youare also kicking some major exercise butt! My goal for the month of June is to get myself moving!!

Hotmama Stick with it- you can do this!!

Off to slap on some makeup and do my hair. I will check back in when I get home tonight!
Old 05-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #14  

AnnaRenee, oh loverly colarada!!! I've got lots of family out in Aurora, Bailey, Denver and Evergreen... I love it there!!! yes Very dry! drink lots of o2 and moisturize DAHLINK!!!!

Rnmom: helllloooooooo Idahoooooooo! ugh! I get it every flippin year! :bleah: this time, my whole right side! cept me private Hoo Hoo area.. (that's medical speak, aint it Rnmom? )

thanks fer the welcome hugs gals! I missed my daily cawfee chats with ya! I am still fat. by the way.... so, I will be here fer I fear a looooong time
Old 05-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #15  

Quick hello! Work is crazy. My weight is definitely up. I'd like to blame the hot weather and I'm sure some of it is that.

Lunch is leftovers from dinner. Eggplant parmesan made with whole wheat breadcrumbs and baked. I added fresh green beans and asparagus to the pasta water and served the eggplant with a small side of pasta with lots of veggies.

I'm being pulled back to work. Talk later
Closed Thread