Thursday On The Beach - May 25

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning, Chickies!

No weather whining from me today. Yesterday was fabulous and I was outside most of the day. I slept like a rock right through to seven this morning. How decadent!

This morning my gardening orgy will continue. I'm turfing out a pretty wildflower that has pretty much taken over my front perennial bed! If you see Creeping Bellflower in your garden, dig it out! If I run out of energy or if it rains, I plan a trip to Brockville for some herbs that we didn't grow at the Greenhouse this year.

What are your plans for today? Sit and chat a bit.
  • morning ladies, it's raining, AGAIN.

I'm going to wv to visit my fam for the next four days but I'll stop in here or there from my sisters comp. My mom is doing south beach so it should be fairly easy to stay OP.
  • Good Morning Girls

All is well here in Central West Virginia,,Starting to get pumped up .. We have a ride on our property this weekend, Rumble N the Hills, then on Sunday, I am Going to a Nascar race.. the Coca Cola 600... IN North Carolina. we are gonna leave around 9am Sunday Morning to go there, about 4.5 hr drive.
    doing OP.

We had a meeting yesterday, to go over what all we are Doing on the ride Saturday, and stuff, Well there is this guy that is,, what I feel taking advantage of us and I vented about it.. VENTED...... may have went a little over board, but I got it off my chest.. and low and behold not 20 minutes after I vented he Pulls up to HELP for the first time in months! do you think he heard me grumbling?...Take Care All
  • Oh MsCrockett, the avatar just slays me! Thanks for the giggle.
  • Morning Chicks! Where 'o where have all of our early morning chicks gone off to? I'm trying to focus today and get some work done, but it's so hard when it's this nice out. It's 62 already!
    DH was home this morning and it was so nice to have help getting the littles ready and out the door. I actually got to work without feeling like I'd run a marathon already. I've been doing yoga the last few months on Wed. nights but my teacher just left to go to Italy for 5 weeks and I miss it! I was so out of sorts last night. I might have to try out some videos or something and just make the quiet time at home to do it.
    We have a really busy weekend and I want to plan out my meals today so I can stay mostly OP. Starting tomorrow, we have 5 days straight of events/festivities. And there's a bday here at work today. I think I'll just take my coffee in when it's time for cake - I just hope it's one I can resist, and not cheesecake or something.

Ruth - When's Lucy coming home? I bet you miss her. Enjoy the weather today!
    Lottie - Hope you have a great trip!
    Crockett - It sounds like you have a busy weekend too. What kind of ride is it? DH does a lot of 4-wheel rides around here.

Well enough of me Have a great OP day Chicks!
  • I just finished enjoying my breakfast out on the patio, listening to the birds chirping away and watching my flowers grow. I wish I could just sit out there all day today, it's so nice out. I did get off early yesterday, and made a nice dinner for Jake and just spent some time with him. I think he feels neglected sometimes, but it's his own fault that he'd rather sit around the house than have a social life like I do.
    So today I'll have an extra child to take care of after school, a boy! We're good friends of his family, and their nanny is on vacation right now. I'm so used to taking care of little girls, so this should be an interesting day! We're also getting ready for the Devon Horse Show, which is a big deal around here. Audrey and Maggie both show their horses in it, and it's fun. Last year Audrey won 1st place Blue Ribbon in the sidesaddle event, and little Maggie placed 3rd in showmanship!
  • Morning, gals! Brian sure gave us a scare last night. He was running around in the cafeteria after the cub scout pack meeting last night and ran into a brick wall. We didn't see it happen and he came over to where we adults were talking and was just standing there quietly. We wanted to know where he got all the red paint on his face and then we realized it was blood! Luckily it was only about a one inch gash but head wounds sure do bleed. He didn't even realize he had blood all over his face. I applied pressure and we made him sit down and rest. The bleeding stopped and he felt fine so we didn't end up taking him in for stitches. I did keep him up late last night to make sure he was okay and we was still fine this morning. Too much excitement for me! I am so glad he was okay.

I got some bad news at work yesterday. The guy who I work with who is my main support on this product is taking a three week vacation. Then he comes back for 2 weeks and then is retiring! My team leader is going to try to start helping me but he is still involved with our other product so it will mainly be me supporting 4 enviroment (over 20 production servers). If I don't post too much, please understand. I'm going to be really busy for quite awhile. They've also told us we aren't allowed to hire anyone to replace him.

I will still be allowed to take my vacation. Luckily it is during the two weeks this guy is back but I still have lots more to take during the year. We'll just have to manage somehow. And we aren't going to talk about how my weight has been creeping up a couple of pounds.
  • Good morning!!

School is out!! Yippee!!

Kelly I SO hear you on running the marathon before your workday ever starts. It is SO true!! You can stay OP for the next few busy days- I know youcan.

Ruth I so wished I enjoyed gardening. My mom is convinced that if I put more effort into it that I would find it theraputic. ??

Cottage A boy into the mix?? Could be interesting- I have two girlfriends that I habg out with all the time. Between us we have 6 kids- 4 girls and 2 boys. When the oldest boy isn't around our get togethers are so calm- they tend to get a bit destructive when he is there. (NO OFFENSE to anyone with boys!!)

Crock WTG for speaking your mind!! I wish that I did that more often- I think I hold way to much in.

Well....... drumroll please....... my WI today has me at 159!!!!!!!!! I have tried (not hard enough!!) to break into the 150s for the last several years. I always seem to get to 160 and either give up or not try hard enough. This weekend I am adding exercise into my routine, so it should only start to go down even more. I am pumped!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I still need to go to school today- I am moving out of my room into what will be my new classroom. It is more like an office as I will be serving small groups of kids next year. Should be interesting! I have already paid for a full week of care for the baby, so she will go to her normal sitter and big DD is playing at a friends.

Have a great day all!!!!!!!
  • Barb I am so glad Brian is okay!! How scary that must have been. We will have to PM about when your vacation is- if you are staying local we have GOT to nail down a date to meet for coffee!!
  • Kiko - I'm definitely staying local because my vacation is the week that I'm teaching Twilight Camp. We still might be able to meet for we can pick another time. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and your daughters.
  • Morning Chickies,

Just another day closer to a long weekend, so getting pumped! I love long weekends. DH and I, along with the two dogs, are supposed to go camping this weekend with the in-laws. They have a big camper...it's not the Hyatt, but it's pretty nice. I guess I'm looking forward to it, but it's such an ordeal trying to all the people stuff and dog stuff packed and ready to go.

I started my exercise routine last night (while I was watching Idol)....30 minutes on the treadmill. I am hoping this will really rev up the weight loss...so far I had just been dieting alone. I am going to try to do some kind of activity 4 times a week. I think that's a realistic goal to start with. Oh, does camping count? Kidding!

Well, that's it for me right now. Have a great day!
  • Good Morning Ladies

Its not a good morning for the two of us,A Garbage Truck hit our car backsided while Leo went down for the mail,late yesterday afternoon.NO ONE WAS HURT. Our air bags didn't inflate,but the back and the right back side of the car is all banged up. We're waiting for Enterprise to pick us up,so we can rent a car,before the tourist come up for this Memorial Weekend. The insurance injusters won't be hear until early new week as our car is going to have to wait awhile before it gets fixed.

There goes my adrenaline again, I guess I gain the 3 lbs that I lost.When it rains it pours. Will keep you posted,on both accounts.

Hope you have a nice Memorial Weekend I don't know it I be back on the boards until next week.

Hugs CAG

Such a wonderful day out! I think I may have to go for another walk today. 2 days in a row. Somewhere south must have frozen over! hehe I've been feeling rather ravenous the past couple days. Not really hungry, but like I just want to eat and eat and eat. sucks. Today I'm going to try to have a bigger breakfast and hope that perhaps that's my problem. Anyways. Tonight is going to be **** at work. We have two HUGE groups coming in - aka like 25 rooms a piece. Both are high school crew teams. *scream* Crew ppl tend to be a lil more calm than say a family soccer team in which the parents are getting drunk in the conference rooms while the kids run rampant. Either way, I'm sure I'll get a nice work out this evening. Otherwise, all is well. The sun is out and it's not cold - that's all I need to be happy.

Ruth - It is perfect outside, even if you have to spend it digging out a pesky weed. Good luck with that!

Lottie - enjoy your trip!

MsCrockett- Good job on getting out what you needed to! It's not healthy for the mind to keep it all in. And that avatar is too cute

Kelly J - good luck keeping up with the yoga! several of my friends use videos when they cant make it to class, so i hope they work well for you as well.

Cottage - lil boys are crazy! i have a lil bro (we're 12yrs apart) he's nuts - i love him to death, but he's wild. we think he's part alien. hehehe boys really are a different species from girls

Barb - glad brian is alright. that's the thing about headwounds they look awful since the bloodvessels are so near the surface. also, i wish you luck with the job issues.

Kiko - superdupercongratulations!

And everyone else- hope you have a great OP day!

-Jessy
  • Hi chicks!

I did make it back on my beach blanket this week. Feels good to be detoxed on sugar again. I've been enourmously busy at work so I haven't had a chance to post.

I'm trying not to beat myself up too bad for falling off my beach blanket while I was crashing during my PMS stint. I'm just going to have to be more careful next month and really monitor my emotional behavior leading up to that period of time. It is just soooo frustrating to be hyped up and raring to go and then life deals you a curve ball. At least my curve ball is realitively small - there are a lot of chicks here who deal with much bigger curve balls. Glad we are here for each other!

Have an OP day!
  • Good morning

I've been reading your post and think I want to join if there is room for one more.
    Starting the South Beach today and am hoping to make it a life style change.
    forgot to weigh in this morning but will do that tomorrow.