South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #1  

Default Considering Starting South Beach

I've been thinking about starting SB for a while. My husband talked about it a while back and I have recently "found" quite a few inches I thought I had gotten rid of before! Anywho, It sounds like something we could do "for life" since we all know that "diets" don't work. Was wondering if I needed to read the book first or if we could get into it from the info here and other places on the web. Also, DH and I both work so we tend to eat out for lunch and we also eat out a lot on the wknds. How hard is it to stay on plan while eating out?

If we start down this path, we'll need lots of help and support so I'm sure you'll see quite a bit of me here!!!! TIA!!!!

ETA: DH needs to lose about 50lbs and I'd like to drop 1-2 sizes (I don't weigh anymore so I can only go by inches or sizes).
Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #2  

I'd recommend the book first.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

I'd recommend the book also. It will give a really good base of understanding about this WOE. This site is great for support and recipes so definitely post often!

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #4  

Thank you everyone. I did some reading in the book last nite--it's pretty interesting.

I mentioned it to a few friends and they said they couldn't do it b/c they couldn't give up fruit. That confused me b/c you can start adding fruit back in Phase 2, right? Maybe they just couldn't bear to go without it for 2 wks? Our bigger hurdle is going to be the bread and potatoes. Well, I know it won't be easy!!!

We are going to the beach the first of June and it's just nuts around here right now. I think I'll talk with DH and plan to start up Phase 1 when we return. I think you'll see alot of me around here!!!!

Thanks so much!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

welcome!

I was surprised at how easy it was to give things up for 2 weeks, b/c you know it's not forever
Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and to The Beach. You are wise to read and understand the book and peruse our stickies before starting. Bread and potatoes are tricky but you CAN have legumes for that starchy, comfort food feeling. Your first slice of whole wheat toast will taste fabulous when you segue into Phase II.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:33 PM   #7  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

I still refer to the book for the food lists, and now that I have restarted the diet, it helped me with that.
Closed Thread