South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:35 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Monday, Monday...

Up and at 'em, Beachies! If only all we had to do was lay out our towel and let the cabana boys bring us drinks and help us apply sunscreen... Ahhh...

Unfortunately, not the case here. I've got a ton of running around to do and cleaning at home in order to get ready for my trip. I leave Wednesday to go home for two weeks. I'm really going to miss DH and the animals, but I'm usually missing my family and friends, so this will be a treat. Just wish I could get them all in one place...

Going to the gym this morning...nothing fancy, just some arms and more elliptical. Just good to get in there after so long away. I'm going to have to find creative ways to get exercise at home....maybe I can do some hiking with friends? I know there's a jazzercise class I can drop in on...

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A very windy Good Morning to you! Brrrr, it feels like March is back!
I got all my flowers planted yesterday, and Jake opened the pool in preparation for Memorial Day, but there's not going to be anyone swimming unless it warms up around here. I heard it may climb into the 80's by Friday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! This morning I'm going to Curves first, then stopping by the supermarket for groceries. If there's time, I should do a little cleaning, too, but I may save that for tomorrow.

Laurie ~ I hope you have a great trip home. I'll bet you're really looking forward to it, and seeing your family and friends again. Have a safe trip!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

March IS back! I lit a fire in the woodstove last night. Round here this has been the coldest and wettest Victoria Day weekend on record.

I am seriously considering going back to bed as my darn cold has decided to do a re-run! I'll probably change my mind after a coffee and some breakfast.
It's not raining - yet - but is way to wet to garden. I think I'll vacuum my front porch, put out the rug and see if I can convince the lads to get my wicker furniture down from the barn loft. It's way too cold to sit out but I have faith that we'll get warm days sometimes!

We'll see how it goes. I'll be back later.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:13 AM   #4  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Been away for a little bit. Life just gets in the way some times.
It has gotten in the way of eating and exercising.
DH's van broke down Thursday, had to have it towed home, he used mine on Friday. Then Saturday he thought he fixed it and we were on our way to a car dealer to trade it in and it broke down again, had to have a 2nd tow. So, came home and grabbed my van took it to the dealer and we got a whole $100 trade in on his site unseen. I got a 06 Scion xb. The one that looks like a box. Big color choices though, black, black or black. guess what color i got? . Well he takes my van now. See DH is a courier and needs a van. But, what a deal, I give him my van with 80,000 miles on it and get a brand new car with 26 miles on it. Never had a brand new car before. His old van gets towed to the dealer this morning, found out needs whole new engine, it has over 225,000 miles on it.
Meeting someone to talk to about weight loss surgery today. She lives around me and has had it done. I have been looking into it. It should be interesting.
Well, off to shower and get ready. Have a great day ladies.
Chipper
Old 05-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Brrrr!!! Good morning everyone!!
I have been eating poorly over the last week and a half, due to a cold that I can't seem to get rid of, everyone is sharing it, it goes from one to another and back again...I made brownies w/icing last night...How bad is that????

It's back to the beach this week...

I had to go for a bunch of tests last week... I had a CAT scan on Friday, that was lovely....I have been having abdominal pains/cramping off and on for a few months, my Gyno thinks it's an intestinal problem, my reg Doc thinks it could be a Gyno issue, so that is why the CT scan...I think it is a Gyno problem.... but what do I know......

Looking forward to warmer weather later this week....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #6  
schmellie

S/C/G: 187/180/140

Happy Monday everyone! Sorry to hear that the weather (all around the globe, it seems!) has taken such a cold turn for everyone - but I must agree, London is at its' windy, rainy and chilly best today. Fortunately I am in the over-heated office all day today, so I will probably live through it. Stay warm and cozy everybody!

The weekend was ok, went way off plan on Friday night as a friend is moving to Dubai and it was her going away party - several (read: way too many) glasses of wine and a very late night, but it was great to see some people I hadn't caught up with in ages. But Saturday morning I was right back on plan, took a long walk (and a nap) with the boyfriend Matthew and then met another friend for dinner. My first meal out at a restaurant since starting P1and I did really well! Grilled pork chop with cabbage and only one very small bite of the mashed potato (which I then scooped onto Matthew's plate). No booze and no dessert - and my meal was still delicious Hurrah!

Regardless, I will be staying on P1 a few extra days to make up for Friday's shenanigans. But not to worry, since I made Taco Bake last night and it's so good P1 doesn't seem like a diet at all!

Have a great day everyone xxx
Old 05-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its a brand new week, & I'm feeling great today, the sun is shinning but its very windy and colder than ususal for a nice long walk so I guess I will have to use an alternate way of exercising.They were predicting servere thounderstorms but we didn't get them,just alot of wind.

Going to tackle my upstair closet today. I couldn't find a hand bag that I wanted to wear with this pair of shoes,so its spring cleaning in the closet.

Beachgal--I know how you feel. I just just saying to my DH how much I miss my grandchildren who are living in another state.If we would have not moved away from them,but than again our retired live wouldn't have been so pleasant we would have had to work our intire lives to pay the extrememly HIGH TAXES there. So you have to take the good with the bad.Have the this week,and hopefully it will continue,now that we don't have to go for the treatments anymore,except for the follow-ups.

Cottage- You might just be able to use you pool after all,as I heard the samething about the 80s also.

Ruth-Wish we had a front pouch,like we did in N.Y.I aways like sitting in the summer evening to the quite and serine,but in our townhousewe're not allowed to add on to the building structure.

Chipper- Good Luckwith you new car and with the weight loss surgery if you decide to get it.

Mo-Berry-Hope everything it going to be Ok with you.Sending some [[[prayers & good vibes:]]] for you.A Cat-scan will find whatever.

Hi schmellie Have a great day

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-22-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So much for going back to bed!

I just got a call from the RN at H's nursing home. He fell and has a gash in his scalp that needs stitching. He's off to the hospital where they will also check for concussion and broken bones. I'll join him there and report back.

It sucks to get old!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just wasted part of my morning at the grocery store for nothing. Coke is supposed to be on sale and I wanted to stock up for the holiday weekend, but the shelves were empty. Chicken breast was supposed to be on sale today only for $1 a lb, but the butcher said they never got their supply delivered, and last of all, the No Sugar Added Popsicles were supposed to be on sale for $1 a box, but they were out of stock on them, too. Grrrr! And this is a MAJOR chain grocery store, too!

Schmellie ~ One of my best friends is in London for the week, if you see her give her a big hug from me, OK?

Ruth~ Take care of that cold, too bad it came back again. Stay warm!

Chipper~ Enjoy your new car!

mo berry~ I sure hope your dr. can give you an accurate diagnosis for your problems! Feel better soon, love. And let's hope it warms up around here!

beach bum~ It sounds like the entire East is suffering from high winds and the cold! I'm so glad Leo's tumor is shrinking, you are both still in my prayers daily.

Ruth~Poor Harry, I hope it all turns out OK!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #10  

Good morning all! Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Mine was fine -- I babysat for my niece, had brunch with friends and bought a new shirt. The shirt is really the big deal, because it was the smallest size they sell at Lane Bryant (14/16). In January, I wore the largest size (26/28) they sell there! So, it was a nice surprise. I feel a little bad for Lane Bryant, though -- as I lose more weight, I won't have to shop there and I think I might be their biggest client.

schmellie -- I know about overheated offices; mine is the sauna of the entire floor. I love it, though, especially on colder days like today.

Ruth -- How awful! I hope H is on the mend quickly.

Beach bum -- you're braver than me, I don't want to go near my closet. Or bureau, or storage boxes, etc.

chipper -- sweet deal on the car for you!

mo berry -- yikes, brownies! I couldn't be trusted near those!

cottage -- pool time already! Amazing....

Beachgal -- The jazzercise class sounds great! My gym doesn't offer too many "fun" classes, just lots of spinning, cardio fusion, etc., etc. Enjoy your trip home!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #11  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi girlies, Happy Monday!

I veered slightly O(ff)P this weekend with all the graduation parties that I had to attend, but not too bad. The important thing is that I'm right back OP this morning. Got to get more exercising in though, I think that would help speed the weight loss even more. How many times a week, on average, does every exercise? I think I'm going to get a bicycle and start biking around the neighborhood. Trying to get myself to a gym just isn't realistic for me, so I need to do something that is available to me all the time.

I hope you all have a great day and feel better for those of you who aren't feeling well.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:03 AM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello everyone, the weather here is overcast once again. Yesterday it was sunny but cold, the landlord actually had to put the heat on! Augh!

I stayed OP all weekend and lost another 2 lbs on saturday bringing me up to 10. Halfway there!

I'm going to one of my fave restaurants today and will be passing up their most delicious fries. IT WILL BE SO HARD! But alas I shall do it.

My weekend was boring, bf went out on sunday cuz his band practice got cancelled, I missed him, he's so rarely off. But today we are going out to eat and pick up a few groceries. Then come home and catch up on some tivo.

the ER season finale was better than any one show the entire season, it was incredible!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #13  

Morning, gals! It sounds like it is cool in many parts of the country. Well, it is only supposed to be low 90's today so I guess that is cooler than it has been the last few days.

I spent all my spare time this weekend working on getting stuff ready for camp. It is still over a month away but there is lots of preparation.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. As seems to be the continuing trend, it was wet and chilly here. It especially sucks when you have to be at work at 7am, wear a skirt and rediculously thin polyester blouse. I have to remind myself why I moved here. And it's not working very well.
At least there is this thing out today that, I think they call it, the sun. That sounds right. Sun. I forgot what it was like. Looks perfect to go out for a walk, but having been on my feet for 2 days means I can barely walk in my apt. I have today and tomorrow off so I'm going try to fill my freezer back up with healthy homecooked food, as long as my feet don't revolt. And perhaps get some more spring cleaning done.

Laurie - I'll take an order of 2 cabana boys. And I hope you enjoy your trip back home. It's always nice to go back and see old friends n such.

Cottage - I heard the 80s rumor here too...good luck with the pool!

Ruth - I hope that everything goes alright with H and there is nothing else wrong.

Chipper - those funky Scion vehicles are supposed to be pretty cool, I've heard some great reviews. Congrats on your first newbie car!

Mo - for you as well, I hope all turns out well and that they find the cause of your problems.

Schmellie - that's the nice thing about SBD, you can break off for a moment and enjoy those special times.

Beach Bum - have fun cleaning!

Cottage - that sucks about the grocery store. i hate how they do that type of stuff. or how they make a sale seem so great, but when you get to it, the product is pretty junky.

SunLit - Congrats with the clothing! It's a great feeling.

Holly - Good luck with getting the exercise in! If you find a trick, lemme know. I am horrible with working out.

Have a great day all!
-Jessy
Old 05-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Lottie & Barb - you posted as I was typing...so...

HI!

And thanks Barb. Rub in that you have nice warm weather. Want a visitor? I shower daily and pick up after myself!

Lottie, Love the new pic!
Closed Thread