spaghetti squash question

• I made this for the first time today, and I want to make sure what I got was what I should have gotten.

I nuked it for 10mins covered with plastiwrap in a pyrex dish with 1/4 cup water cut side down.

The strings came up very easily and nicely.

No flavour but the strands had the texture of lightly stir-fried bean sprouts or slightly wilted cabbage or saurkraut. Is it supposed to be that crunchy? Would cooking longer make it more pasta textured or is that pretty much it?

Anyway, after cooking it I tossed it with olive oil, spices and a dash of parm (seasonings worth not a lot). I don't think it wil kil my pasta craving, but it might help.
  • Spagetti squash is one of my favorites, I have it at least twice a week! After I've nuked it whole (pierced first!) for 10 min., I slice it in half, remove the seeds, and nuke each half another 6-8 minutes. That makes the strands softer and more pasta-like. If you have the time, after you first nuke it, bake each half in the oven at 350* about 30 min., and it's even better! Topped with a low sugar marinara it tastes just like spagetti, yum!
  • I'll try cooking it longer like that, thanks!