Here's some ideas:
- Roasted Chickpeas are awesome!
- How about bell peppers (especially red, yellow, and orange) dipped in hummus (I love Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic hummus flavors)
- Roasted Soy nuts (which are actually beans, not nuts) do have fat, so you can't go overboard, but they are a great nut replacement.
- Have you tried Jicama? It's an awesome crunchy white veggie that goes great in dips. It's a hispanic food so it seems especially good with salsa.
- celery and laughing cow cheese
- 3 (or 4) bean salad is a great snack!!!
- I love plain yogurt mixed with a tsp or two of SF jam, sprinkle of cinnamon, a packet of Splenda, and a little wheat germ thrown on top. Mmmm...
If the problem is just that you keep eating and eating, try putting your portions in baggies or small containers and then grab only one. Drink water, chew SF gum, drink tea, but don't overeat. If you are overeating, ask yourself why. Are you craving? (do P1 again for a bit if you are) Are you dealing with emotional eating? Try journaling to deal with your emotions or other coping skills, like exercising, calling a friend, or taking a bubble bath.
You can beat this 'addiction', chica!