South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Fit and Flappin' Friday!

Yes...I think we're all missing Ruthie! I hope she's having a marvelous break, though.

I'm just a night owl, chickies...no worries. I hear you on getting the cake out of the house...thankfully sugar makes me so sick that I don't crave the cake too much...but I also can't have it around here for long. DH is taking it to work with him. Usually I give it to someone, but I just can't think of anyone to give it to this time...shame because it's the prettiest one I've done yet! It was great fun...unfortunately I've yet to figure out a SF frosting that works for decorating. If I have to make a cake for me, I'll use SF cream cheese frosting to frost it, make a SF cake, and then put the sugar decorations on it. When I eat my part, I'll just scrape the sugar stuff off. At least, that's my plan.

Kyemom and Pearshape, I'm sorrry you're having such a hard time. It can be frustrating to plateau. Just go over what you are doing (and not doing) and try to choose one thing to change this week. Kiko has the right idea about taking baby steps in the right direction...one change at a time. (Congrats, Kiko, on your success, BTW!!! ).

To the person that asked if you need to eat it all...yes, you really do! If you are stuffed you obviously shouldn't try to stuff more food in, but you do need to make sure you aren't getting stuffed on foods with saturated fat or little nutritional value and ignoring the things you really need, like veggies and water. Veggies can really fill you up and they give you fiber, water, and tons of nutrition! I think the easiest way to get your 4.5 cups in is to eat veggies with all three major meals and at least one snack. Keep thinking about ways to beef up what you're eating with more veggies...can you throw some diced cooked broccoli in? Toss in some mushrooms? Add spinach or kale or other greens? Use cabbage instead of iceberg lettuce (which has little to no nutritional value), etc. You can do it!

I have great faith in your abilities to work this plan in ways you need it to work. It's such a flexible plan! That said, there might be something even better for you. Have you checked out the new 3FC book? The sisters did a fantastic job of reviewing all the popular diets, giving you information on what works, what doesn't, how to modify the plans, and even provided recipes for each plan! It could be very helpful if you are trying to see what else is out there.

Today is a fairly laid-back day. I'm hoping to spend the morning writing...journaling, doing fiction writing, and getting to the Theo. on Tap stuff I didn't get to today. I have a meeting with the student I'm tutoring for the GED, then back home to mulch the front yard and cottage garden. It's pouring outside right now, so I'm hoping that it'll be clear and dry enough to mulch. If not, I'll be inside scrapbooking. Either way would be fine...I love both activities!

For those that asked, I'm in the Southern Tier/Finger Lakes region in NY. WAY upstate. I noticed that some of our Beachies seem to be in the general area. If anyone's up for getting together for lunch sometime or whatever, I'd be interested. It's so nice to meet in person.

Have a fantabulous friday, chickies! Stay dry!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #2  

Beach, you really are a nite owl! Sounds like you've got another busy day. Thanks for the wise words. I know that I have problems staying focused and OP, so the advice really helps!!!

Happy Friday to everyone else! Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend. I've got a funeral to go to today out of town, but after that I don't have any plans. Should be a good weekend to do some cleaning and yard work. What's up with you all this weekend?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We had some heavy rain overnight, but the sun is shining now and it's supposed to get into the mig-70's. I have to take the girls to school this morning (again!) but I only have to work til 1:30 today. It's been such a busy week! My stiff neck is still bothering me, must be the way I sleep. Maybe I need a new pillow? It's funny that something so minor can really put a damper on the day. I'd like to try and get some reading done today, I haven't had much time for that all week, and I'm dying to read the new books I picked up at the library. I've done good staying OP, but I haven't lost anything the past few days.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:42 AM   #4  

Morning Laurie!

I have wanted to take a cake decorating class for quite some time now- you are inspiring me! Thank you, btw, for the congrats! I am proud of myself in that it is taking me a long time to get my weight off, but even when I slip up for long periods of time I am able to get back on. I am determined to go back to school in the fall (here in Texas it is technically still summer when we go back!) weighing at least 150. I am going to do it!!! I am going to be 38 on my birthday in September and plan to be at my goal weight of 147. I think that would be the best birthday present I could give myself.

Glad that it is Friday, although it is shaping up to be a busy weekend. DH works on Mother's Day, so it looks like my mom, sister, and my two girlies will go do something together. Not totally sure what, but we just want to be outside doing something or other.

I know I have mentioned in previous posts that we are pretty strapped for money right now- get this! They do a little drawing at DH's hotel and he wins $100. Then I get home yesterday and we have an overage check from our mortgage company for $200. Just what we need to make it through to payday. Isn't that awesome??????? Anyone want me to pick their lottery numbers??

Okay- I need to hit the shower ladies. Everyone have a super day and stay OP!!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #5  

Morning Cottage and Jana!!

Cottage- Those Temperpedic (sp??) pillows are supposed to be great. May be worth looking into!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Morning...quick drive by - LAST DAY OF TRAINING!!!!! Woo-hoo!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #7  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Good morning ladies;
Fell off my towel last weekend, but, still here. Today I am getting my living room windows reinstalled these are the last ones. Tomorrow have a wedding of friends of my dd's. Didn't know what to get them so got them towels, nice fluffy soft ones. Watching the granddaughters tonight while dd & sil go to rehearsal, sil in wedding. Have to fit in coloring my hair today, and need to mow lawns for a mothers day bbq my kids are giving me. Need to do my nails before the wedding and figure out what I am wearing.......
Well, off to get ready for the window man.
Have a great day everyone.
Chipper
Old 05-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm prettty wiped out this morning but had a wonderful trip. I won't list the eating "sins" but my ticker stayed the same.

I pulled in at 2 PM last night WITHOUT my luggage which disappeared somewhere between Nanaimo and Ottawa. They did find it, however, and are sending it by courier this morning. Whew!

Gotta dash and get darling Hershey sprung from the kennel. Back later. I see we have lots of new folks.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:22 AM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls

Did not post till pretty late last night, so I will refresh you guys,, Rained here in Central West Virginia all day..Took a friend to the dentist (3hrs). Tryed to study for my Math test.. I am just going to retake the Math class this summer, where it is four days a week and not one.. That may benefit me better. then I willl take Math99 in the second part of summer,, I am staying OP.. I have been eating like a horse,, all OP foods and still losing weight like crazy,, I am not worried about it. but I have lost ALOT of weight in a short time. When my body gets to the weight it is used to , before this last 10 montth gain, I believe I will start seeing 1 or 2 lbs a week.. We Will see.. Take care all you wonderfull Ladies... I see you all are busy,, busy, busy..
Old 05-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

Ruth,, we posted at the same time you have been missed, you play a big role in this thread,, Glad you are back... any stories?
Old 05-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #11  

back Ruth!!!!

I'll pop back in later gals, I'm running wayyyy behind this morn and gotta hop in the shower and head out to the hair salon!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #12  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all you fabulous chickies! I am so so so so glad it's the weekend! I started the week in a really good mood, but the last 2 days have been really blah. Hoping to have a good OP weekend.

Ruth - Welcome Back!!!! We've missed you
Laurie - Morning Night Owl! I'm orig. from Ithaca and my parents still live there. Maybe I'll look you up the next time I'm visiting.
Cottage - I hope your neck feels better soon!
Kiko - Yeah! on the extra funds. I so know how you feel right now about $.
Crock - congrats on all the weight you've lost so far :congrats: You have such a good attitude and are an inspiration! Good luck on your math test.
Soon, Jana & Chipper - hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Well the landlords grandkids woke me up two hours early today. BLAH! today bf wants to go out to lunch, I'm planning on chinese and having some grilled chicken and broccoli. I"m so happy, I haven't had fried food for 13 days! Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow, hope I've lost! I stayed OP all week and excersized 6 days. (well actually I got quite a workout hauling groceries from the bus home and walking at a good speed around the waterfront so really I got all 7 days in!)

Going to try the mock french toast this morning. Will let you ladies know how it goes.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #14  

beachgal - Good morning! I love to sneak veggies in everywhere. I made lamb stew last night. It calls for few veggies except for tomatoes, chunks of carrots, onions and garlic. Brian doesn't like to eat cooked carrot chunks so I take the carrots, a turnip, and at least 8 ounces of mushrooms and chop them in the food processor so he ends up eating them without realizing it. It also thickens the stew wonderfully. In the last few minutes of cooking, I add at least a half bag of spinach and let it wilt in. Oh, and last night I added some fresh green beans. I just depends on what I have. I love the stew. I just have to trim the lamb really well and make sure I don't use too many whole wheat egg noodles with it.

jana - I need to make time to do some weeding in the garden this weekend. Everything is growing so well including the weeds. We are getting ready to start water rationing on June 1 where we can only run the sprinklers for 30 minutes total twice a week. That limits us to 4 minutes in most zones which isn't much for the Texas heat. Saturday we will be at the Scout Show for most of the day. I'm only supposed to work 3 of the 5 hours in our booth so maybe I can see the rest of the show this year.

cottage - There is never enough time to read as far as I am concerned. That's why I like the stationary bike since I can read while riding.

kiko - Morning, neighbor! Your little girl is so cute in that picture! And you are doing so well. When do you guys go back to school? I checked and Richardson is Aug 14. That's only one day earlier than this year but it just seems so early.

Ruth - Welcome back! I've noticed several people have added to your post about monthly goals so you might need to add them to the stickied thread.

MsCrockett - I wish we lived closer. I'd love to help you with the math. My major was mathematical programming. Brian is turning out to love math as much as I do.

Hello to soon, chipper, schatzi, kelly and lottie!

I had lots of fun at Roundtable last night. I got to be in a whole bunch of sample ceremonies and games and I got to help lead the singing. Our Roundtable commissioner is going to be moving on to Boy Scouts soon and I think he may be grooming me to take over with the singing! I'm not that good of a singer but most people don't care.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #15  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

REPORT: The mock french toast came out great! I think the trick is to pour it thin....too think and it ends up tasting too much like scrambled eggs! Thinner is better....They even fluffed up. Delicious!
Closed Thread