South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:49 AM   #1  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Default Tuesday Chat

Morning Chicks! Up and at 'Em! Where is everyone this morning? It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day on this little stretch of beach. I'll have to try to get out a bit at lunch time to enjoy the weather. I made the shrimp scampi from the quick cook book last night - it was so good! I had it with soy pasta (who knew?). I'll post the ingredients later - I think it should be P1 okay? What are the rules about posting recipes? I would like to post that one and a fudge shake I made last night from the hungry girl website (thank you whomever posted that link! I love it). Well, time to go get the little up and ready for the day.

I'll check back in later
Old 05-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #2  

Default Tuesday Chit Chat

Morning chicks!

Thought I would get us started up for the day. Today is Day 4 of Phase 1 for me- it hasn't been too bad thus far, so I am going to just plug along. Meals and snacks are planned for the day- my only pitfall has been nuts. I need to stay within the guidelines on that one.

Okay- need to get my coffee and get moving here.

Baby DD is 11 months old today.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #3  

Morning!!!!!! Morning Larks Rise n Shine

Kiko: I merged your post into the thread Kelly started... We pick by the time posted and Kelly bet you in by a hair ....

Kelly: rules for posting recipes... Select the correct title to post under.. eg if all the ingredients are phase 1 - go to the phase 1 section , and post under the category within phase 1...And make sure that you include how many servings the recipe makes. The shake sounds yummy! I love that hungry girl site..!

We have a pond in our backyard now It's been raining near non stop for 2 days now! With some boomers and lighning to boot... so I just Batten down the hatches and have been hanging indoors...

Time for some Cawfee and a WW english muffin ... dinner hmmm not sure yet...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

I am up ,,I am up... Good lord this morning stuff,, I dont like it..

Where has everyone gone to.. did everybody take a trip with Ruth.. ?
Passed my Keyboarding II test,, the teacher did not grade it, but I just know I passed it.,....I was ready for the 100 question test and she gave us 50 T/F questions.. I am sure it is an A,, all OP here for me,, got some water retention going on.. but will live..
Old 05-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Good morning all! It's such a joy to be able to say in upstate NY the weather is sunny and warm!! The downside is the rain is coming! Oh well.

I would love to have that hungry girl site. Are there phase 1 recipes?

MsCrockett: Congrat on your test. I keep saying I'm going to go back to work and I'm sure Id have to take one of those! My mom keeps me just busy enough to make me reconsider.

Me: For today, my last day of phase 1 I'm trying the mock oatmeal for bkfast. Tried the french toast pancake (made with ricotta) yesterday. Not bad. It's better than eggs all the time.

I'm really hopeing my book gets here today. I have so many questions that I don't understand. Like, if protein is unlimited you can just eat it whenever you are hungry? And this cheese thing. Unlimited? Last night I splurged because I walked into the grocery store and they had lobster on sale!! I bought just 1 for my husband and I and we split it. I also cooked a cube steak. So we had "surf & turf"!! Had grilled veggies and I made a salad. Was so full couldn't eat the salad. Then I worried I shouldn't have eaten the cube steak. But it tasted soooo good cooked on the grill.

Okay, time to get movin. Minister and her family coming to watch American Idol tonight. Sprucin up is in order!

Have a good day all.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello Chickies!
I was having computer problems yesterday and couldn't get online, but I managed to figure out the problem this morning.

Kelly ~ Isn't that Shrimp Scampi recipe good? I make it often, and serve it over Shirataki. Enjoy your beautiful day, it's overcast here!

Kiko ~ Time is flying by, your wee one is 11 mos old already!! I remember when you announced you were expecting again, seems like just yesterday!

Schatzi ~ We had the same thing for breakfast this morning, I put cinnamon and splenda on mine. Around mid-morning I'm going to have a snack of Greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries mixed in. Yum!

MsCrockett ~ Congratulations on your Keyboarding test! How's the math coming along?

I've been playing around trying to figure out how my new PDA works. My DD gave it to me and offered to show me how to use it, but I want to figure it out myself, that's how I learn best, and remember how to do it. But that's probably why I was having computer problems, LOL! I've never had one of those gadgets before, but it seems like it'll come in handy for me.
Today will be a full day, we're meeting up with a group of Audrey's school mates for lunch and a playdate at Boomer's, then it'll be time to get ready for swimming lessons. I hope Maggie falls asleep in the car while we're on the run so she can get her nap in, she can get miserable without it! I put some boneless porkchops in the crockpot with rosemary balsamic marinade for tonight's supper.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Smokepole! That hungry girl website perked my interest, too! Your supper last night sounded good, don't worry about the cubesteak, it's ok to eat. I hope you didn't use butter on the lobster, thought! Spray it with ICBINB, and it'll be just as yummy. I think protein is pretty much unlimited, just keep it within your calorie limit for the day.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning Chicks!!! Today was official weigh in day for me..and I am down 2 pounds. I changed my ticker already. I really thought it would be more than that, since that was for a whole week on Phase 1, but I guess I had not been eating very bad before that, so not much to detox. At least I am back on the beach, and feeling good. I never got the SBD flu this time. I got it bad the first time. I have my breakfast and lunch already figured out, but still trying to figure out what to do for dinner. DH will not be home so it will be just me and the kids...Any thought????
Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #9  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Good Morning, everyone. I made it to the 30 lbs mark!!!

I've been stuck for about a month & it finally came down some!

Kelly: I'm up, I'm up.
Kiko: Just keep hanging in there!
Schatzi: May showers bring . . . . wait!
Mscrockett: Good job on the test!
Smokepole: Oo-la-la, Fancy livin'!
Cottage: Oh, neat. I want one, too!
Kyemom: Congrats on the 2 lbs!

Not much else to report. I'm just counting the days until our trip to Colorado & I can't wait till we get our new motorhome. I'm gonna have a good time decorating it & stuff. Have a great day!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Congrats Demeter!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #11  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

morning!

kye congrats on the two lbs!

I have 4 days left before I can weigh in again and I'm so anxious, the scale addiction...I can feel it creeping up on me! But so far I've managed to stay off of it.. haha.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Cottage: thanks for the input. Smart Balance or Olivio is the current "butter" of choice!!

Demeter: Yeah mighty fancy. Husband wanted to know what I did. I seldom splurge. We don't do fancy restaurants very often. The mood just hit me AND I could eat it!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #13  

Good morning chickies!

Demeter - 30lbs! woohoo! Way to go! I'm counting down a trip to Colorado too. When are you going and what city are you visiting? I'm going to Colorado Springs over Memorial Day weekend.

Kelly - mmmmm shrimp

Smoke - mmmmm lobster

kyemom - WTG!!

MsCrockett - congrats on your keyboard test

Me: Not much new to report. DBF has decided he can no longer sleep on my bed. So this weekend, we are moving his king size bed from storage into my studio apartment. He says he's taken measurments and if we rearrange the apartment in a certain way, it will work. If he thinks he can do it...more power to him. I would love to sleep in a king size bed Tonight for dinner I'm making Chicken Strips and oven-baked sweet potato french fries. And if I wasn't excited enough about that...I found an NSA BBQ sauce at the store last week. I am looking forward to dinner tonight!!

Gotta run...there's work to do!

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 AM   #14  
South Beach Life Style

Demeter~ yeee haaaaa glad to see all is well in your neck of the woods..

Is anyone going to the book signing of the 3FC this weekend

Cottage~ I am trying to go in to a state of denial or lack there of. with Math, I can honestly set down and cry when it comes to doing my homework. The Final is Friday. and I just dont know how I am going to do. then I have this thing in my head, that I need to retake it,as I have not retained anything from the class.Math 99 is offered this summer and it is with the same teacher, So if i pass this Math 98, i will be going 4 days a week this summer in Math 99, which may do me better than this One day a week.. just so aggrivating.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #15  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

MsCrockett, Wish you were near here, my hubby is a match doctoral student and is looking for people to tutor this summer!

Well, I have been hopping on and off phase 1...not too badly. for some reason it's just driving me bananas this time around. I didn't behave very well this weekend...well, I had one bad meal, Sunday at lunch, we ate at church and they had NOTHING OP!! It was very frustrating. But they certainly didn't force me to eat a cookie. I think I have found that one of my major triggers is being tired. When I am tired, I don't care as much if I am on plan. I had the worst day at work yesterday, had been exhausted all day, and I went home and had cheese and wheat crackers...the yucky, processed kind. What was I thinking??? Not to mention I had way too much sugar free candy while at the desk yesterday. SIGH.

Well, doing the best I can today. It's almost lunchtime here. Hubby and I did take a 40 minute walk last night with the dog, that was nice. The weather is cool and actually feels like Spring. Very nice. I think El Stupido, aka the DOG aka Chester and I will take another walk tonight if it's still nice. Hubby informed me he doesn't really like taking walks to nowhere. He can be very frustrating!!

Anyway, tonight for dinner is bunless burger and cauliflower mashed "taters." [Yet another thing DH won't eat...] Mmm. And lunch is leftover chicken stir fry with peanut sauce (who needs rice, anyway). I have written on way too long and need to get to the nice stack on my desk!!

Jessie
Closed Thread