South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

Default cereal bars

How does SB ceral bars count in the South Beach diet? Do they count as bread etc?
Old 04-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #2  

Hi Cotton! and to the forum! There is no "counting" on South Beach... no counting of points, or calories or carbs... The focus is on eating "good carbs - and carbs that are slowly digested" not on the amount of them unless defined in the SB book or the "Good Carbs Good Fats " guide. Here is a link to the Emergency handbook for phase 1... hope it helps...

In general, any southbeach "labeled" product is for phase 2 or 3 and meant to eat in limited amounts. Focus on whole foods , veggies and grains and use the packaged stuff once in awhile

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58183
Old 04-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

Cotton~ I eat the breakfast bars , and somedays, I use it as a snack,, I have had no troubles at all with them, I buy the CHOCOLATE ones, it really helps when I want chocolate... Hope this helps.. I have tried, perhaps, every SBD product out there. and I have not been hurt by it.. other than my pocket book!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Like all things in Phases 2 and 3, try to add things slowly. See how they affect you (the malitol in the SBD cereal bars affects me even more than sugar does! ) and modify accordingly.

SBD is all about reducing the processed food in your life and making new habits that help you stop overeating. If eating cereal or 'meal replacement' bars in the past made you crave more food, don't add them now, okay? If they don't bother you and help you stay OP (On Plan), then great!

Glad to have you with us!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #5  

If you are limiting breads, do they count as a bread?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #6  

The SBD cereal bars are considered 1 grain serving. Make sure you don't make the same mistake I did and buy the Meal Replacement Bars...those are 2 grain servings.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #7  

I did buy the meal replacement bars.
Then when I got the cereal bars, I couldn't figure out why they were so small!
Closed Thread