South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! April 22 and 23

Good morning. EveryChick! It's not a bright and sunny garden day here for a change so The Girls and I coffeed indoors. Rain is expected later but I hope to get a few outside things done before it starts.

I indulged in some "retail therapy" yesterday - nothing really exciting. I got a couple of t-shirts to replace the ones that I always screw up with bleach splashes! :9 Of course, I also managed to buy a couple of rose bushes (Rugosas for this garden zone) and a holly bush. I've no idea if the latter will survive but it sure looks pretty now.

Today is a hodge podge kind of day - some errands, some cooking, maybe some sewing. I don't need to cook for dinner tonight as I'm off to a surprise dinner party for my friend Doug's 60th birthday. It should be fun. Tomorrow I have Morna and John coming for dinner and to pick up Miss Preggy for the start of her "confinement" - such a Victorian word! I'm going to try to do something creative with pork tenderloin, asparagus and strawberries for dinner. NOT all in the same dish!

It's after 7 so wakey, wakey! What's your weekend looking like?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morin Ruth and everyone else as they rub their eyes.....
Just a quick pop in for me to say "Good Morning Sunshine" as we are suppose to get rain this afternoon and cloudly this morning.
I am off to get the wood to start the new project, check back in later with a progress report.
Bye
Old 04-22-2006, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's raining here today, as promised. As tired and woozy as I was yesterday, I had a terrible night's sleep, but I do feel much better. Jake is waiting for me to get ready to out for some breakfast, then I want to go to Boscov's to look for new curtains for the bedrooms, and maybe new shower curtains, too. DS is here right now wanting Jake's help with a bid he's putting in for a landscaping job, so there's no hurry.
I'll be back later.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #4  

Mornin' ladies. Ahhhhh, cawfeeee After the stress of this week, I'm enjoying the simple pleasure of sipping on a cup of my favorite brew. Since I'm without a car until Wednesday, my sister's coming to my rescue today. I can get by next week with rides to work, but need to get groceries, pick up Rx, go to the bank, etc. My sister offered to come over today and take me to run errands and cart me back and forth from church tomorrow so that I don't have to rent a car for the weekend. What a gal!

I'll see what else I can cook up to do this weekend. Looks like I'll have plenty of time!

Lotus - Saw your post last night about the poster contest. Congrats! And $$$ to boot - swweeeeet!

Ruth and Cottage - Could you send some rain our way? It's so dry here.

Chipper - Good luck with the loft today.

Happy Weekend to everyone else.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry for being MIA at yesterdays daily. Didn't have time to post,as after the treatments I got a burst of energy[don't no where from]but I used it to clean & straighten up my over do housechores. Happy to have the down stair cleaned and now today the up stair will be tackled also.

Tomorrow going to a friends house for brunch.Don't really care what they're serving as I'm up anyway,due to all the running around and stress in my life right now. My ticker is a lier right now and would set it right until I'm ready to face reality.

Have a great beachy weekend and I'll post again on Monday.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-22-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #6  

Good morning, good morning!

This was one of those super busy weeks that I am so glad to put behind me. Lots of school commitments, we gave a small baby shower for our daycare provider last night, just BUSY!! I hear you Jana on enjoying a slow cup of coffee this morning. Both my kids are still asleep, so I thought I would sneak on quickly.

Ruth Good for you and your retail therapy. That sounds like a great plan!!

Chipper What project are you starting?

Cottage Sounds like a slow paced morning. I am going to check the last few days posts to see what is up with you not feeling well.

Jana What a nice sister!! I know my mom would cart us all over to get errands done if needed. How old are your kids? I know you are a working mama with kids in daycare like me.

Me- Hanging in there. Only 4 1/2 short more weeks of school and I am done for the summer. Yippee! I can't wait. Somehow my weight is down to an all time post-pregnancy, which I don't understand as I haven't been eating all that great. I think I have just been racing around so much that something is revved up in this 'ole body. We are hoping to go to Ohio for my uncle's wedding this summer and I would love to be down to 155 for it. I don't know if I can lose 9 pounds in 6 weeks, but I can sure work at it!! I am hoping that once I restart SBD this summer and really get moving with some exercise that it will get me there.

All we have planned for today is a birthday party. Tomorrow is a bit busier, but the only thing I am responsible for is teaching SUnday School. The rest I just need to show up for.

Goal for the day is to stay OP. I will report back with the results!
Old 04-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #7  

Morning Beach- sending a cyber hug your way!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, ladies. Just a quick one right now as I'm behind in my grading. My boss wants the rest of them in today and I've got about 3 hours more work to do ! I'll check back in later. After that I plan to take the day off to clean and cook...weird how cooking and cleaning are a day off to me!! I'm going to make roasted asparagus and "broccoflower" tonight for supper along with the spinach souflee stuffed chicken..yum. Haven't had that in forever! Have a fabulous day, ladies!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #9  

Kiko - Actually, I'm single w/ no kids, so it'll just be me and the dog hanging around the house. Car problems, etc are probably a good exercise in humility for me. Since I've never been married and am pretty darn independent, it's good for me every once in a while to "depend on the kindness of others".

Pear - Hope you get the papers graded quick. I always look forward to cooking over the weekend, since I love it so much. That's a big contributing factor to how I ended up at this weight in the first place!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #10  

Jana Oops! Obviously me got you confused with someone else. Maybe it is Kelly J who has wee ones. Hope you get all of your errands run today!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Morning.....I'm up & I'm off from work today! I bought a dress last night - it's for my sister's wedding. It was only $35! And it's a size 16 (I usually wear an18). I got it at the Dress Barn....I normally don't shop there ( I just don't think a big girl should shop at a place with the word "barn" in it).
Lot's to do today...I have to goto the post office, curves, finish my scrapbook...it's a gift to my sil -only have 4 pages left to do, & pack - DF & I are headed south to visit my family. We are celebrating Easter this weekend & I get to see Kloe Easter egg hunt - can't wait.
Chat with you later!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Good morning!
I was wondering if someone could lead me to the taco bake recipe...Thanks!!
It's raining here...I hope to get some work in today.... And get to the grocery store, again...
have a great day!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/186/165

Good Morning Chicks and Happy Weekend-

I'm just jumping back in to say hello- I do try to keep up, but seems weekends are the only time I find to post.

Sorry to hear so many are feelin' down and beaten up by allergies. I consider myself very lucky not to have to deal with them- must have something to do with being raised on a farm in the midwest. Some of you chickies mentioned a hot shower for relief, I have been seeing a recent advertisement for some allergy stuff you use in the shower, I think it dissolves and makes a vapor that is suppose to help.

Ruth- sorry to hear about your blood results- take care of yourself!

I will be spending the day on soccer fields (cheering only!)- its not raining- so that is a blessing- I don't enjoy the damp, cold games.
Flying out this evening for a business trip- ugh! Trying not to let it get me too down- and hoping I can figure out things to eat OP. I work for a Swedish company and am going to Sweden, where they make the wonderful bread and serve heavy gravy, or sauces with their meats! Pasta salads are the usual lunch fare at the office. I'm no where close to my April weight loss goal, don't want this trip to make it worse.

Enjoy the weekend everyone-

Sunny
Old 04-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The Taco Bake Recipe is in the Recipe Section under Phase I Entrees. It's so good, we made it a sticky.
Here it is but do explore the whole section. There's lots of yummy stuff.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

thanks Ruthxxx....
I was looking around in there and didn't see it.. Thanks again!
Closed Thread