South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #1  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Exclamation Help!!

Im trying to walk at least 4 x a week, I stretch my legs before and take water with me to keep hydrated during my walk. But during my walk about 5 mins into it my calf muscles tighten and draw up to wear I can only take baby steps. Has anyone had this happen? Is it because Im out of shape, my age (44) or do I need to see a Doctor. I've never had this problem before, but a year and a half ago I tore my left leg calf muscle and have never been able to run or jog since I guess it could be related. Any feedback from anyone who has experinced this or might know how to beat it would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

How is your Potassium intake been lately? I would try a Potassium uptake, then def, call the doc. to ensure it is not more serious..
Old 04-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Gina, it could be something as simple as a lack of potassium, but considering your former injury, I'd go see the doctor, if I were you, and refrain from using walking as exercise until you have. Have you tried other kinds of exercise? Do they cause the same reaction?

Hope you get this figured out soon. Take care of yourself and let us know what you find out!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #4  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Thanks Crock & Laurie for the idea of potassium just bought some and will try that. Thinking back my legs start to fatigue using my gazelle walking up stairs and doing housework. I did do some reseach online and I may have PAD but you can buy a medication for the cramps online without a perscription.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Gina, personally I'd be really skeptical (and SCARED!!! ) about buying medicine online...especially without a prescription. Not only do you not know what might be in the medicine or how reputable the provider is, but you also have no idea how it might affect you.

Please do go see your doctor, okay? I think it's great that you have a better idea of what's causing the problem and have done some research so you will be better informed when talking with your doc. But you could easily have missed something important. Don't take that chance...talk with a professional and make sure, okay?

Let us know how it goes. Hope you feel better soon!
Closed Thread