South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #16  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going for our treatments in 30 mins so I have to make this fast.Slept closed to 8AM which is making me rush around like a chicken without a head.

We having a beautiful Spring Day on the Cape, going up into the 60's.Going to take time out for a nice long walk when I get home. I got some bike exercising done yesterday,while watch an old Sherlock Holmes Movie.

Having a ham steak with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts.

b-zucchini panckaes and 2 sausage links,milk for te
l-hummus on 2 tomato halves

Will post later HUgs BB
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #17  
South Beach Life Style

Hello Girls.

How is everyone? have not posted in a while, but I am still doing fine, just chuggen a long on the SB way of life, This weekend I spent the weekend with my old prison friends, that I have not seen in ten months, and YES I drank lots and lots of beer.. sooooooooooooooo I can now report a Friday night of no SB.. However, the cool thing is ,, after drinking I did not go off plan with food,, just drank like a fish and had a really good time, No cravings, right back on plan Saturday Morning, we hung out in what is called TNT, it is where the Mothman was sited and rested at.. there are old bunkers there, built like igloos.. pretty cool. Had a great weekend ,, Must have been needed , and Everyone noticed the weight loss.. but like I said, before, one day OK,, two day NOT>.... Take Care All. Oh I think I lost 2 lbs still yet I will not make this week an official weigh in, I will weight till this Sunday to verify....
Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Everybody is zipping along! I just can't keep up with comments but do read.

I was vewy afwaid this morning when I got a brand new technician for bloodwork but she got a good vein first stab! Usually I come home with bruises on both inner arms and bruises on the back of my hands where they resort to butterfly needles! It could have been beginners luck but I'll try to get Nicole next time. Now I need to make my doctor's appointment for next week and get the bloodwork verdict.

Barb, my new garden helper, is here. She is very pleasant, works hard and actually knows some of the plants. I must cherish her as she could turn out to be a gem. I worked with her pulling out wild raspberry canes while she raked and wheeled loads of crud back to my monstrous compost pile. (It's over five fee tall!)

Time for a soup lunch, some milk and a short rest before I go back at it.

Did I ever mention I love Spring?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #19  
South Beach Life Style

has anyone tried the New tostoes thats out they say they are Whoe Wheat, Lays makes them? Finally Wal Mart in my area is getting with the program...
Old 04-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Hi All,
I haven't posted in the daily threads yet, but I must say I am very excited about this site and all the support and information here...
I tried to start SBD last week but I failed..I started yesterday and I am doing well. I do need to purchase a scale... I want to see my ticker go down!
The weather is great but I am a little bored because I can't do much in the garden yet.. I shouldn't be bored with a 3 yr old!

Have a Great Day!!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #21  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Chicks! Decided to check in on my lunch since I didn't have time this morning....you've been busy! Not too much going on around here today - nice and quiet which I like. Yesterday & today I've been back OP which is good. Going to have a couple of glasses of vino tonight though b/c DH has an obnoxious friend coming over for dinner....one of those that goes on and one about himself that doesn't let anyone get a word in. Planning on doing some steaks on the grill and making green beans and the twice baked cauliflower....yummy.

Soon - Congrats on the promotion!!!
Ruth - Glad the bloodwork wasn't too bad for you.
Cottage - Hope you have a fabulous day - sending you tons of I know I'd need it.
Barb - Good job Mom - what a healthy boy you're raising. Has he always been like that? I'm concerned about my 3 yo - she asks for candy all day. It's always been an in-moderation thing at our house so I don't know why she's so obsessed with it. I'm hoping it's a phase.
Danielle - Have fun at your step class. I like taking them but I'm so uncoordinated I always make a fool of myself.
Rachel - Ouch! Welcome back to the Beach.
Stephie - That yoga class sounds like a lot of fun - what does it entail?
Chipper - Glad your doctor appointment went well.
Mo - Welcome!

Hi to any chicks I may of missed - hope you all have a good OP day
Old 04-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #22  

MsCrockett - Are you talking about these Tostitos? http://www.tostitos.com/prod_multigrain.php The nutritional information shows the main ingredient is corn. The four whole grains are low on the list of ingredients. I would avoid them myself.

Kelly - Brian has always been a kid more interested in fruits and vegetables than in french fries but he does go through phases where he wants candy. As long as he eats the healthy stuff first, I don't think some occasional candy is a problem. I really ought to throw out a lot of his old candy though. He has some really old Halloween/Easter/valentines candy. What I have been doing the last few years is cooking a variety of vegetables and then he will eat some better than others. He is not a big meat eater and only wants tender meat. Definitely more into pork tenderloin than beef.

I just took a look at my garden and it looks dry. I'm going to have to see if our sprinklers are in rain mode. They shouldn't be - we are still in a drought! I'll need to go water as soon as the air conditioning guy leaves. It was time for our spring maintenance.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #23  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good afternoon chicks! I hope you are doing well and having wonderful weeks so far.

Things are bumping along nicely for me today. I officially started work on my doctoral thesis today, actually sitting down and writing it :write and that's what I'll be doing until sometime in mid-July, when I defend and GRADUATE! It's a BIG job but the good news is that I have all my research and data pulled together so it's pretty much a matter of compiling it and throwing in some fancy words in between. I can't wait until I'm finished!

Had a SB slip-up this morning, big OOPS DH was in the mood for McDonald's breakfast before I went to school and I thought I'd go along to hang out and chat with him while he ate his sausage biscuit (bad, BAD!) Something about being in there compelled me to order some pancakes and hash browns. Sigh...McDonalds is the Oh well, tomorrow is another day!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #24  
South Beach Life Style

Barb, ~ Possibly,, they where in the chip isle.. I never bought them because I was concerned as well.. but wanted to get some input .... Thank you for taking the time to check.. So I am thinking there is NO chips for us? in due time I am sure SB will create something for $5 a bag...lol
Old 04-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #25  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi Rachel!:
I'm glad you're o.k. Why do you think you passed out? Are you eating enough? I'm pretty sure you need to have at least 1200 calories/day to keep your body from going into starvation mode. Eating less than that won't do any good. Is it something else? I hope you're feeling better!

Steph: Is that the real name of the class? How cute!

Ms. Crockett: If I didn't know any better & maybe some of the newer people don't know but it looks kinda like you're saying the you used to be in prison & went & got drunk with some of the other convicts! lol!

Last edited by Demeter; 04-11-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #26  
South Beach Life Style

LOL on the convicts... that is a good one Demeter,, soooooooooooo to clarify.. My "Correctional officer friends from the Prison I used to WORK at..never even thunk it.. .. Thanks...LOL
Old 04-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #27  
RNMOM

Default Afternoon hello

Just a quick note to say hi. Been busy here, my yard was decorated with flags here, tomorrow early the scouts will decorate my whole street with more flags and then we'll pick up my son from the airport around noon. Pretty excited to see him. It's going to be a short 4 days with him here but it will be fun. He heads to Iraq on the 20th.

Sounds like everyone is busy and is having exciting news. Feeling good vibes from the board......cool.

Yes, Ruth, if I were to go on "who wants to be a millionaire" and one of the questions was "does Ruth like Spring?" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to use a lifeline...my final answer would be yes!

Schatzi....NCIS for food.........give me Mark Harmon anyday and I'll be checking out the food too!

Everyone have a great rest of the day!!!
Closed Thread