South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #16  

I am starting now. It is 11am Sunday morning April 9th.
I have failed so many times so many ways on so many diets, I don't believe in myself anymore. I think I am a joke.
Yesterday when I was driving I came to a stop sign..I pulled out just a bit to see if I could turn left...a young man in a truck who was turning believed I was in his way and yes...for the first time in my life a person yelled at me..out of the way you FAT B#$%^! Not the same as when I was thin and pretty...
I am 44 years old..4 kids, ten years ago I was 150 lbs. I looked great! I am 280lbs. ..what happened to me?
I start now because this morning.I went and got a breakfast sandwich on a bagel...not that good..but nowadays it doesn't matter. I eat everything.
It stops now.
Please help me not to fail again...
Old 04-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 224.6/199.4/125

Height: 5"5'

Hello. I started 1st week of April. Doing good so far. I've lost 5 pounds. This is probably like my 5th or 6th time on Phase 1, and I always seem to struggle. I am feeling better this time than any of the other times. My cravings are a lot less. I actually feel like I could make it!!! I made it thru a major temptation yesterday when my mil ordered pizza, but I resisted and it felt so good. How's everyone else doing?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #18  

Well, I went off plan last night for supper and at lunch today. Hope I didn't screw up too bad. Last night we went out for supper and I had a prime rib- ooops... then at lunch today we were out of town and we stopped at Taco Johns! I caved and had a super potato ole!! Otherwise everything else this week has been on plan. It is just SO hard to stay OP with the family DH and DD when we are out of town. I did resist the potato with the prime rib so I at least did that! Back on track tomorrow!
Hope everyone else is having a better time this weekend!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #19  

I am starting AGAIN on phase one today-my husband is doing it too....it's nice to have that support-we make our meals together and plan the week together, but it works both ways, when we want to cheat, we both talk each other into it!! Not good!
One year ago this week we got married, and I was 15 lbs thinner and he was about 20 lbs thinner, this was after we spent the year losing-I lost about 25 lbs total and he lost about 35 lbs. So we have slowly gained back our weight...yuck! We were on South beach when we lost the weight, but we are finding motivation difficult this time around! Last year the motivation was simple-look great in that white dress and the bikini on my honeymoon!!!

Now we are both lazy about dieting! Where do you all find your motivation to keep going?

Here's what I have eaten/[plan to eat today:

breakfast-scrmbled eggs w/ salsa, lowfat cottage cheese and low fat cheddar
V8

snack-low fat cottage cheese w/ cucumbers

lunch-salad w/ turnkey and ham and mozzerella, italian dressing (only 15 calories, 2 carbs, 2 sugars)

sugar free jello

snack-celery w/ laughing cow cheese

dinner-chicken capri w/ asparagus

dessert-sugar free fudgsicle (I need sweets!!)
Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #20  

lOOOOOKIN gOOOD Phase Oners!

Did a quick read through of posts.. so here is some :"food for thought" (errr, BAD BAD SCHATZI PUN! )

Make sure you get in at least 4 cups of veggies a day: sneak them in yer morning omelette - or have a veggie medley fer breakfast (Who ever said ya gotta only have traditional breakfast fare in the morning??? )

Slowly replace those SF sodas with water.. while water is so very important to organ function, ya don't need 100 gallons of it. And fer some, a slow but steady habit modification may lead to a lasting change.!

Cheese Please In moderation!!! Calories count..and cheese is a dense but caloric foodstuff. And Geek is right... check on the added ingredients.. if it's Fat Free, be leary - check to see if the "replacement" ingredients are sugars.. Try some Milk as a Dairy..

You Nutty Nut eaters! Careful does it! They are wonderful! But high in cals and easy to overdo it... if you have that PB cup on Phase 1, that's yer Nut limit fer the day!

Beans Beans -- Protein and Fiberful and will help keep ya "regular" and Geeky girl, I love JUNK EASTER CANDY... The only thing that has kept me sane is BEANS! Try a 3 bean salad, or NF refried beans... you'll be able to resist - and feel full. I promise!

PLAN to Succeed or PLAN to fail! plan your meals and snacks.. take some time to cut up the veggies, make the work lunches...or you'll be grabbing some high processed food crap to eat..

Variety is the SPICE OF LIFE: Try new recipes!!! check out the recipe threads, make your grocery list and try new healthy snacks, entrees and side dishes! ...so many YUMOLA Dishes on the site

This aint about counting no stinkin carbs: South Beach is about SLOW carbs not LOW carbs.. About Good full grains not processed ones... Concentrate on Good carbs..on Phase 2 that means whole grains, whole fruits.

Remember to keep yer SF treats to 75 cals or less a day...

And learn to look at Sodium content in canned things... fer me, it was an eye opener!!!

DO NOT BE A SCALE HO- your weight can flucuate as much as 4 or so pounds within a day!!! Do not let it effect your mood or goals!!!!

.............. fer ya alllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #21  

I started phase 1 on Saturday the 8. Haven't found it too bad so far.I do miss the fruit but I keep telling myself it is not forever. Two weeks is (I keep telling myself) not a long time!!!
I haven't had the cravings so far but I also am determined to stick to this plan I know it is a lifestyle change and this seems to be one I can live with. I am enjoying the food. and am glad to see the recipes.
I have a question, are snap peas aloud in phase one or is it only snow peas?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #22  

I am finding myself very tired on phase one....i am exercising along with the diet and with no carbs, it's tough. Any suggestions?
here's what i ate yesterday and today:

Day 2:
breakfast:scrambled eggs, salsa, mozzerella-part skim, two pieces of turkey bacon, V8
snack: bonbel light cheese

Lunch-salad w/ tomatoes/ eggs and rasp vinagrette

snack: kraft south beach diet asian coleslaw

dinner-shrimp-the big easy-from orange sb book, asparagus, salad w/ cucs and peppers

dessert: sugar free fudgsicle/peanut butter/cool whip

today:
breakfast-V8, low fat cottage cheese

snack: celery/laughing cow french onion cheese

haven't eaten but on the schedule for the rest of the day
lunch-salad w/ almonds, yellow peppers, kraft italian (15 calories, 2 carbs, 2 sugars)

snack: turkey/ham/ mozz cheese roll up w/ mayo

dinner: phase one meatloaf w/ ground turkey, green beans, salad-cucs and peppers

dessert: peanut butter/fudgsicle?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #23  

I visited here late last night and I read a lot of the posts. You all are very knowledgable!! I am new to SBD but it does seem to be working. I have trried almost all the diets out there and lately I have had no success. Seem as if I turned 40 and the weight is stuck worse than ever!! I think I am really going to like hanging out in the area.
I made the minestrionie soup from the recipes and it is yummy. I have lost 4 1/2 pounds since Saturday so that is very encouraging. Better run and start supper.Early kids activities tonight early supper.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #24  
deleted2

Hi there!!!! I just started SB on Monday. 4 lbs. so far. Feeling good most of the time except for the headaches. Didn't have one yesterday but feel one creeping up today.

Talk to you soon!!!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #25  

Thumbs up

Hi there today is Saturday I am wearing pants that I could not get into 2 weeks ago. I am soo happy I also took back a pair of capris that are now too big and bought them 2 sizes smaller and the fit I am happy happy happy!!!!

I am staring week 2 of pahase 1 and I am finding it easier than I thought> I do miss the friut but not to the excess that I thought. I also feel better. I struggle with night munchies but I do with what ever plan I follow but I save my dessert for a night snack and that helps.

I tried the mock pancakes or frenchtoast and they are greaT. i DID AND MAPLE FLAVORING and I really enjoyed the change. and the Sweet taste was nice too.

I have lost about 6 pounds and counting. I will not be eating chocolate bunnies this year but I know they will return in full force next year and by then I will be in phase 3 and be able to indulge a little. It won't be easy but With the results I am seeing and feeling I do not want to sabotoge myself.

Have a GREAT weekend and Happy Easter.
Closed Thread