South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #16  
gotta lose it!

Morning all! I'm OFF today! And all I can say is HURRAY! Last night training the new guy was awful! He was been in this position for 2 yrs & he doesn't get it. He's a mess! He got mad when I remerchandised the clothes in the shop that he did because he had too many floor fixtures & it was crowded on the floor. He asked me if I was following the guide...I told him yes & no. Yes I was following the fixture guide, but not the product guide because we didn't have the correct merchandise. His reply was "So you're just making it up?" I told him "Yep or some people call it flexing." What a mess!
My big plans for today:
Clean the bedroom and closet
Go to the post office and Curves, and Kinko's
Scrapbook!!! (Can't wait!)
Barb - Have fun with your Scout stuff!
Tar675 - That's terrible....your poor son! I hate hearing stories like that.....my little brother was teased for being fat when we was in school. I can remember mom pulling up to soccer practice & 3 boys had my little brother on the ground kicking him....I jumped out of the car & started kicking their @sses - which only mad it worse for my brother....a girl had to defend him. But now my little brother towers over me & he's so handsome, but whenever he sees his nephews or nieces teasing someone he comes to defend them. Kids can be so cruel.....I am sure your son will be ok and his making some friends.
Schazi - Morning & good luck in your interviews!

Dare - Enjoy your meeting...have fun at the water park....I just bought a suit from Target the other day (it was less than $16.00! -what a deal!)
Sarah - I don't think phase 1 is necessary..maybe for a few days. Just drink lots & lots of water!
Chipper - glad the lungs are better! Enjoy your flowers!
Pearsy - Have fun on campus today...sometimes I miss college..mostly the social part - not the long hours at the library or the hauling books all over the place! I'm having taco salad tonight !
Ruthie - I hate spending $$ on my car - especailly for tires. But I always feel better driving with snow tires.
Kiko - have fun w/ bunco tonight - never played but I hear it's fun!
Cottage & Jana - have fun with your Curves workout - I HAVE TO go today - haven't been there in 3 days!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #17  

jazz - Most people go back to phase 1 when they find that they have cheated too much and physical cravings are back. I have only gone back on it once after my original phase 1. I can usually get back on track by just doing a strict phase 2.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Stephie. tapp, debbie and BB - hello, I was writing for so long, I missed your posts!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Pear: Let us know more about how you like the official site!

Beach: Had my very first mammogram about 2 weeks ago! It wasn't as bad as I thought or had heard!! Got a good report back.

Stephie: thanks for the encouragement to drink the water!

Everyone: Love reading your posts and hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

What's going on girlies? I had a piano cancellation for tonight, so I may have an evening where I can work out and do laundry! How about that!

Last night's Chico's interview seemed to go really well. The DM is really nice and we really seemed to get along. The only worry I have is that she's getting a new Regional Manager on Monday and she's not sure what she's going to want. They have 1 internal person who's applied, and like 2 other applicants. I just hope that the Regional is looking for someone with a lot of sales and customer service experience, a great personality, and who's high-energy. However, she may say "Well, we need someone who has specialty store experience" or "We need to always hire internally," and that's what I'm worried about. I have tons of sales/customer service experience, I have retail management experience (just not specialty store,) I am really friendly and outgoing, and I'm really high-energy and upbeat. I have a lot going for me. I just feel like no one is ever going to want someone like me. I guess I just have to keep praying, right?

I'm so jealous because Terry's SO happy at his new job, and they may re-figure it so he can work 7:30-4 instead of 9:30-6, and that way he can still work at night waiting tables during the week and make more money. He just loves what he's doing and he's getting back into the swing of things. I'm very happy for him. I just wish that I could find a job that makes me happy too.

Well, I need to get back to work. Hope you all have a fabulous OP day!

Lisa
Old 03-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #21  

Well 2 interviews down..one more to go.. sorry gals, I usually am better at responding to each post, but today I just need to post as a "thinking outloud" ... for me... I'm an old hen, with lots of experience in high level management stuff, and I just don't want to be that high up on the food chain anymore... I interview for jobs that are where I want to be now in my life- and get told you are too overqualified- BUT we have this Wonderful director or VP job for you.... I try to explain that the job is perfect for me -but "they" feel my talents are best used for them some place else--- so... I figure I would try for "higher level" stuff in a smaller pond ( there's this phrase: Little Fish in a Big Pond, or a Big Fish in a little Pond) so, now I've been interviewing for that kind of job... but the 2 I interviewed for are not challenging at all...I really need to rethink what I want and how much I'm willing to compromise .. Thankfully financially we are fine.. but I need to wrap my head and ego around not bringing home the big bucks - I never realized how much of my ego was wrapped in the $$$ "worth".. ridiculous I know... I need to trust my instincts and be true to myself... Thankfully, when I get like this, I need a food with a CRACK and a CRUNCH to vent... It use to be chips, now it's celery... I guess I'm slowly learning to replace emotional eating with at least healthy stuff... Sorry to vent on you girls... just been frustrated ...
Old 03-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #22  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Cottage - I hope your "cinnamon bun" turned out good. Lately I've been eating cottage cheese sprinkled with cinnamon & splenda nearly every day.

Jana - Congrats on the 4 pounds

Ruth - Yikes on the tires! I guess that's the price we pay (*literally* ) for living where it snows so much.

Pear - Hope you have a good OP day!

Sarah - good luck with the trainer! I've had a lot of success with going back to P1 for a week here or there to shake things up or get cravings out.

Tara - My heart is breaking for you & your son. I hope you can get in touch with someone soon! And I would have finished a whole bottle of wine after a call like that.

Jazz - Welcome! I go back on P1 every now and then when I've had a few too many off plan meals or if I'm stalled in my weight loss and nothing else (adding more water, etc.) seems to be working.

Debbie - Yeah on the 2 pounds!!!

Soon - have a great day off!

Weezle - Good luck with the job.

Stephie - on being good yesterday! Hope you feel better soon.

Chipper, Shatzi, Barb, Beach and anyone else I missed - Have a wonderful day!

Whew! That was a lot of typing. I finally starting to see an end to this horrible head cold and am feeling a bit more human today. Good news is that I'm eating OP, bad news is that I'm not meeting my goals this week and my house is a mess. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Schnatzo. No worries about venting, girl! HELLO. Have you met me? You'll be fine! At least you're extremely qualified. Something has to come your way and work out for you. I, on the other hand, am just barely qualified but can't get any MORE qualified until someone takes a chance on me, and so far, nobody is really willing to take that chance because I'm not qualified enough to take a chance on.

Keep reaching for that celery! When I'm stressed I usually have chocolate, but I gave that up for Lent, so instead it's been "I'll have a little of this.... a little of that.... some more of this.... OOH! I forgot we had that...."

Just keep perservering. It's about all you can do. I'll say a prayer for you. Something will definitely come along, and it will make you happy. It may not be right away, but eventually you'll find it. My dad was 50 when he found the job he loves that's perfect for him, and 58 when they finally started paying him decent money for doing it. Hang in there sweetie!
Old 03-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies Work has been beyond insane
I haven't been following Ph2 strictly but I have been keeping between 12 and 1600 calories which is good And walking away from food Whihc is amazing
today I had lunch with a gf turkey brie and apples on whole wheat i ate half my sandwhich and was too full to eat the other half! i wrapped it up and am taking it home!!!! this is unprecedented. I will try to catch up with everyone later!
Kier
Old 03-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Quick check in

DD has a basketball game and it will SBD challenging. No resturants around and only game food there. Try to eat well. Anyway , off I go, talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #26  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

tar-sorry the enchiladini was wet, you have to drain the beans and the cottage cheese really well, like even smoosh it around in your colander. Ahtough the wetness does help with reheating the leftovers.

Debbie-try here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...25#post1193025

we're having it tonight!!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Grrrrrowl

So these buyers I've been working with for 6 months now, FINALLY got them under contract and the property didn't appraise (the bank that's lending them the money doesn't think it's worth what we have in the contract). Tax time is coming up and I need every deal I can get so I can pay the stupid IRS!!!!!
Man something like this happens EVERY TIME, something that seems like it's going to kill the deal, but I thought FINALLY a deal would go smoothly! It's just about snack time but I'm trying to process my feelings before snack time so that it's not reacting to emotions. I am hungry though.... am I REALLY hungry or am I frustrated? Hmmm....
Old 03-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

OK, if anyone wants a good laugh, here's how much of an IDIOT i am.
for the first time in...11 days on phase 1 (my first time on sdb) when i walked by the vending machine today i stopped and just stared and was like omg i want sooooo bad. just horrible cravings.
i stared for a full 3 minutes AT LEAST.
Then like something smacked me upside the head it hit me...i was so busy and caught up writing this term paper for biochem i forgot to eat my morning snack AND lunch!!! (it's 4:30 pm right now).
so basically i hadn't eaten since 7:30 am this morning...
i was like
so saving lunch for dinner and i'm having my cottage cheese and afternoon snack lol

/idiot
Old 03-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #29  
South Beach Life Style

Good Lord Am I ever Hungry today, I just made a cheeseburger, and deed I can still eat, sooo I had a bananna, then some nuts, and on and on,, Man all OP food just a bottomless pit today, ughhhh,,,,
Old 03-29-2006, 05:14 PM   #30  

Hi

Starting P1 again. After 11 days on it totally blew it while my Dad was visiting and completely sabotaged myself for a few more days while I was suffering with allergies and was super busy at work. So attempting this again and have really, really got to do my prep (of course I know this anyway but I NEED to do it). Just going to go to Curves & tan after work. It is slow today with the boss out of town so I have a few mins to post.

Congrats to Kiko, Debbie & Dana on your losses.

Ruth sorry you have to spend big $$ on tires of all things.

Tar that sucks that the kids are being so mean to your son onhis field trip.

Sarah good job avoiding the bar... don't know about you but, alcohol always makes me eat more!!

Weezle & Schatzi...good luck job hunting

To everyone I may have forgotten have a great OP day and Hi!!

Sue
Closed Thread