South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #1  
Bird Nerd

Default Travel dissapointment

I have been on SB for 2.5 months now, have lost 15 pounds and I am in Phase 2. I had my first out of town work related travel last week. This meant staying at a hotel, in a downtown area, and eating out every meal. I was so good! I brought premade breakfast shakes for breakfast then for lunch and dinner I ate out but I felt I made good choices. On top of that since I was bored to death in the evenings I worked my butt off! I worked out for 1-2 hours a night very hard (I normally work out 1 hour a day - moderate). Anyway, by the end of the week I was feeling great. I knew that I would get home, get on the scale and my hard work would pay off. Not so. I was up 4 pounds and even after drinking tons of water the past 2 days since I have been home, I am still up!
OK - I am trying to be rational - maybe water weight that hasn't decided to leave yet, maybe muscle. I don't know. What do you guys think? Has anyone else had similar issues?
Another note - I still drink caffeine and too much of it. Do you guys think that giving that up would help in my weight loss efforts. To give up caffeine and beer both is asking a lot of myself but if I must drop the caffeine I will.
Thanks guys!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #2  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

I'm no expert, but I think you're going to get a woosh in the next few days. After all of that good eating and working out I think it takes the body a little bit of time to process everything. Keep up the water and I really think the scale will go down.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #3  
Determined

Could your food have been prepared in a way that is unhealthy without you knowing? For example I know many residents grill their chicken in butter, so even the grilled chicken you think is healthy is fat loaded. don't worry too much, you'll get it off!!
Old 03-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

Restaurant portions are really too large to be a single serving. Did you always eat it all?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm sure portion size must have been the problem. Let's hope getting back on track this week knocks it off as fast as it went on. Hang in there!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #6  

Chin UP Wildlifebio... Like the chicks said, 1 reason could be portions of lunch and dinner, another could be sodium content... yet another could be --well, you get the picture.. Trust yourself, Trust the process and WOE and working out that you've been doing, and here is a link to a great article

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42510 --
You are doing it so very well!!!
Closed Thread