South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #1  
Rejoice in the Lord

Talking Last day on P1 and down 9.4 pounds

I'm a little nervous about moving on the phase 2 because I am afraid I will fall out of control. Any tips from you SBD masters?

I did have a sm slice of ice cream cake at a bday party Friday night and I am up a bit today. I'm hoping that by my offical weigh in tomorrow I will be back down.

And why is my ticker not working? I have redone it several times.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The ticker cannot handle decimal points. Go into your signature and get rid of the decimal so it reads either 218 or 217 and that'll fix it.
Congratulations! That's a good loss for Phase I!
Best tip for moving into Phase II? Add a single carb per day and see how that affects your loss. Try a piece of fruit each day for a week for example. The second week add soemthing else. Check out the FAQ stickies.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/186/165

Hi Tasha-

I'm 6 days into phase 2, after having a successful phase 1. I too was nervous about "losing control" and slowing momentum. The advise I received here was that the key was to take it slowwwww. Adding one carb for a week and paying attention to how your body reacts, ie are cravings still in check etc. Some said to add 1 carb and 1 fruit per day.

I decided to stick to phase 1 recipes for meals, and add the carb at bfast or lunch. - I have used south beach cereal and whole grain bread this week as my carb choices. After 3 days, I got brave and added fruit at night as a snack. An apple with mozzarella cheese, or strawberries SF whipped cream. (I've also read that having a little protein with fruit may help with craving that may be induced by the sugar in fruit?) My weigh in day is Wed, but I couldn't resist the scale this morning and am down 2 more pounds. I happy with that- weight loss in phase 2 is expected to be 0.5-1 pound per week.

Good Luck- I can tell you it sure is nice to have a slice of toast with the eggs!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:11 PM   #4  

:congrats: on yer loss! yes, what the sage old SBDers say tis true... Add one carb a day for a week.. pay attention to how it affects you.. if that particular food triggers cravings for more, or not... also the time of day you add the carb.. for example, I can't eat fruit in the morning-- it triggers my sweet tooth, but if I have it mid day or night..I'm okay.. It may be because I'm fuller at that point... Also be aware of your portion sizes for the carb
Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Drakesmom!

Congrats on the loss...are you feeling better? I think that's the best part of P1...how good you feel by the end! (you obviously don't feel that great at the beginning... )

Ruth has just the right advice about P2. However, to do a successful P2, I'd finish doing P1 for at least 3 days...as long as it takes to make sure you have no cravings from the ice cream cake. Okay? If you go into P2 with cravings, you won't do well and you'll be frustrated with yourself. So stick with P1 until all cravings are gone. It can take from 3 to 5 days to get the sugar out of your system again.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #6  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Congrats on the weightloss! It feels so good to make such an accomplishment! The girls here have given some great advice on where to go from here! Good luck...you can do it!
Closed Thread