oatmeal at cracker barrel

• Cracker Barrel serves a bowl of oatmeal, and it tastes like it is not quick cooked to me...is it acceptable on the diet? I think they also have sugar free maple syrup for flavoring. What do you think?
  • I would ask them if it is instant or whole oatmeal. If it whole oatmeal and you are on P2, then it should be fine. If they have SF syrup that makes it even better! Just no adding a bunch of butter and sugar! LOL!
  • Sunday morning breakfast at Cracker Barrel is a regular routine for Jake and I! Our waitress insists the oatmeal is the regular old fashioned kind, and I've been eating it for months. I love it with pecans and drizzled with the SF maple syrup! Another menu item I often order is "Mama's French Toast Breakfast", made with WW bread, (and I only order 2 slices), with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. Since that's a big breakfast, I usually skip lunch that day, and just have a protein and lots of veggies for supper that day.
  • wow, I am so excited. Their oatmeal is really good.
  • oh how i wish we had a cracker barrel close by. amelie, I envie you!
  • I love the turkey sausage, too. Mmm!

They have whole wheat sourdough bread, so sandwiches are an option...as is french toast. Yummy!

They even have decaf earl grey tea and splenda. Cracker Barrel always feels like a home away from home when we're doing our 14 hour trek to WI from NY.
  • Cracker Barrel uses Quaker Steamtable Oatmeal. Steamtable is made specifically for Cracker Barrel and requires a steaming process rather than boiling in water. It takes about 30 minutes to steam and stays hot in their steamtables. Also, to achieve a creamer oatmeal (not quick cooking) use milk in place of water.