South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #1  
chick on the beach

S/C/G: 215/208/150

Question need info

hi ive been on adkins before and i know that you only get 20 carbs a day so how does the SBD work i can't buy the book at the moment so i really need a little help can someone help me get started please
Old 03-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Lindy, welcome to 3FC

The SBD doesn't count carbs, so it won't be anything like Atkins. It's not a low carb diet. What you will do, though, is change the types of carbs you eat so you get the healthiest foods possible. You'll also change the types of fats you eat.

There is a thread sticked at the top of this forum called Emergency Handbook that will help get you started, but it will be difficult to do this without the book. If you can't buy a copy, I'd suggest checking out a copy from your local library, or even checking some local used book stores for an inexpensive copy.

Good luck
Old 03-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/186/165

There is also a south beach diet website that has helpful information- but you have to pay to subscribe. There is a lot of information here as well, see the FAQ area of the South Beach Diet.

Good luck
Closed Thread