South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #16  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies...and Happy St. Patty's day too! Well, I'm off to a good start (I think!) I had a spinach and mushroom omelet with a couple cups of coffee this am and now I'm downing the H20. I'm really not sure what to do about dinner because I had bought a corned beef brisket (which I will still cook for the family) but I'm not sure if I can have it on ph1. We're supposed to go to the il's tonight for a seafood feast! Yeah! I guess I'm okay there but I still wanted to do my traditional Irish supper too. Any advice girls? Well, I went to aerobics last night. It's an hour and 15 minutes long. I feel so good when I leave there!

Dare Good idea posting last night!!

Jana I know what you mean about the carpets being long overdue for a
cleaning!

Ruth I wish I'd learned how to sew a long time ago! I'm lucky if I can sew a
button on a shirt! I'm anxiously waiting for warmer weather so I can
plant my flowers, herbs, and veggies!

Beach Bum Have fun in Boston! I've never been and would love to go
someday.

cottagebythesea I love the green food coloring in the milk idea! I must have
been a deprived child cause my Mom never did anything
like that for me!!(lol) I think I'll use that one for my little
ones, I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it!

soon2B GOOD LUCK!!!

Kelly Sorry to hear that you and your little one have been sick! Hope
you're feeling better now!

KO Good Job with the excercising

Batmomm My ds worried me to death all last week about how he HAD to
wear green today so he wouldn't get pinched!

Sun Lit I have the same issue! I desperately want some corned beef but
don't want to mess up!

To anyone I might have forgotten.....Have a great OP Day girls!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth ~ Thanks for the toilet idea! I just have to try that one on my girls!

Soon ~ !
Old 03-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, corned beef IS a bit salty. I chose a very lean piece and plan to have a smallish serving and drink lots of water. I am expecting a water weight gain but my Irish family will be rising from their graves if I don't eat it today!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:05 AM   #19  
RNMOM

Default Oh, McGoodness!

All the festivities, I've got to join in with ya! I marrit an Irishman, dear grandfather was Irish anyhoo. I'm a Scots meself. I haven't even thought about green today. Shame.

You all sound like you are doing good.

Beach...still hugging you

McSchatzi....you are sooo profound with your Irish saying! Where do you come up with that stuff?

Ruth, me love, thank you for the green toilet water idea! It's getting used in this house today! Poor leprechan!

Hoosiermom, have fun on your little trip and be strong!

Sunlit, enjoy a meal. Sounds like your plan to skip the taters is a good one.

batmomm, you sound an exercise maniac. Sounds fun. I've wondered about an exercise trainer to give me some good ideas but they are way pricey.

KO....green fingernails! The Irish would be proud.

daretolove, I know what you mean about food days and work. It's horrid. Yesterday our manager brought in homemade cookies. She's lost about 40 pounds doing WW, she doesn't eat treats, she just makes them and brings them. It's frustrating because she knows there's about 5 of us that are doing various diets. It's like she's trying to sabatoge us. I resisted by the way.

Kelly, way to go on the pound!

soon2be! GOOD LUCK!

cottage, have fun at Roadhouse, I know I couldn't resist the rolls there! They are so evil It will be fun to be with family!

Well, for me, it's homework, homework, homework, then housework. I do have something to look forward to however! I'M GONNA BE A GRANMMA AGAIN TODAY! Yup, the DIL is being induced! AND after 3 grandsons, this one is a girl! I don't know if I can stand it. It's a 3 hour drive to see them but I think we'll drive there tonight and see the new "little leprechan" and maybe bring the boys home with us for a few days. I'll go play gramma next week and stay and help take care of the family! I hope to be able to stay OP, I've been such a good girl lately. Day 11 of P1........I'm looking forward to oatmeal!

Well, hugs to all and good McWishes!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Happy St. Patty's Day chickies. I'm celebrating this morning by eating Green Pepper for my morning snack.

I have been swamped at work this week and DD has an awful cold so I haven't had time to address everyone individually - so I hope everyone is well!

I was very delighted to see this morning on the scale that I'm done 1.5 lbs so far this week - official weigh in isn't until tomorrow morning so hopefully it will stick! That will put me down 11.5 lbs in 5 wks of SB. WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Have a great day chickies!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #21  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Here's a photo of me. I'm wearing green for the occasion.

I hope everyone gets through the night without drinking any green beer (myself included)!

Have a wonderful & OP day!

Last edited by Demeter; 03-17-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #22  

The Daily Dish talked about corned beef this morning:
Have a Happy, Healthy St. Patrick's Day

While you may have grown up enjoying corned beef on St. Paddy's Day, adopting a healthier lifestyle means it's time to start a new tradition. Don't worry, it can still be delicious — and that's no blarney! Because corned beef is extremely high in saturated fat, it's not recommended when you're following The South Beach Diet™. Instead, pair this scrumptious (but healthier) alternative with the traditional side of cabbage.
http://www.southbeachdiet.com/public...d_20060317.asp
The link goes to a recipe for pepper crusted tenderloin of beef which actually looks pretty good (but not very Irish!)

Personally, I think anything is okay once a year - so enjoy! I happen to be about 1/4 Irish so I have on my "Everyone loves an Irish Girl" shirt today. The company provided a special breakfast this morning with green scrambled eggs and green pancakes. They also had bacon, ham, and lots of other unhealthy stuff. I had already had my bowl of oatmeal so I just had some of the fresh fruit they provided. Thank goodness they didn't have any pastries. Those are harder for me to resist.

Brian has on his green sweatpants today even though they are a few inches too short and have a run in one knee. He wanted to wear them and the only other green he had was a shirt. Since he has a field trip today, he has to wear his blue field trip shirt. Packing a lunch for him today was tough. He wanted fresh strawberries, ham and cheese rollups, apple juice, and Cheddar snack mix. I sure hope they do keep the sacks cold. Any other kid would take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Oh, Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden are both in the new South Beach Dining Guide. I don't have it with me at work but maybe someone can find suggestions for you two who are dining out. As for me, we are having Halibut in Parchment over zucchini and tomatoes tonight. I have leftover 3 bean salad and coleslaw to have it.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #23  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Hi everyone! Wow, you guys have been busy this morning. I just got back from running errands and I'm about to clean up the house and then head out for my walk.

Not much new to report. I actually have the entire weekend free of any plans, feels kinda weird. I'm thinking of taking the kids shopping tomorrow and checking out the new spring/summer clothes. Of course it's cold again here but we can still look and dream of warmer weather,right?

The kids had lacrosse practice last night and Abby had Brownies right after so I didn't eat dinner until 8pm. Not good I know, I think I'll just have to eat dinner by myself before practice and just feed everyone else later. I also need to get more organized now that we have practice 2 nights a week and games will be starting next week on Saturdays.

I found out yesterday my son has a failing grade in science and social studies. He struggles in school and his teacher this year hasn't been very willing to work with us on that. It's been upsetting because most teachers are so willing to help but she does not want to put any extra effort into anything. So, she tells Trevor yesterday that he is failing and it's the end of the marking period so he only has next week to bring his grade up by taking tests. He does miserably at tests. I asked if we could do some extra credit work and I also told her that I was totally unaware of how badly he was doing because he never has science or social studies homework. I see his tests from time to time which he normally fails, sometimes he may get a C but I don't know what he's getting on regular classwork. I guess I should've been paying more attention but I focus so much on his reading that I just didn't.

Well, I really need to run and get some things done around here. I'll try and check back later!

Tar675 - Got your PM, too bad we don't live closer!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Tyra
Old 03-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #24  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Morning everyone and HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY.

Don't normally post very much in the daily thread (mostly just a lurker) but just had to share a NSV with you today. My hubby and I joined a gym the end of January and we use one gym bag to take our change of clothes in each day as we go right after work. Well hubby ended up not being about to make it last night and I just grabed my shirt out of the bag (not knowing he had packed matching shirts that day).

I was putting it on and muttering and cussing because I couldn't believe how tight it was fitting. I was thinking "I've been busting my rear 6 days a week for almost a month and now look at this I can't even fit into this d@mn shirt cause I'm so fat." And OK a side note here I didn't really want to be there anyway and was having a hard time motivating myself last night to get my butt moving.

Anyway long story short (I know, I know, to late ) it wasn't my shirt that I had just put on it was his which had never fit before and is two sizes smaller than mine. WOOO WHOO!! I couldn't believe it. I was so excited that I ended up do a few minutes extra on my work out because it had me motivated again. Amazing what little things can do!!

RNMOM - Congrats on your new granddaughter!

Schatzi - Wind at your back. Amen sister, Amen.

Sorry I don't have time to post to everyone but I hope everyone has a great OP St Patty's day and weeked!!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #25  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies~

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a good day today, the next 2 days are gonna be hard for me... slim pickens, and dont go to the store till Monday.. sooooooooooooo we will see how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care All
Old 03-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #26  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Of my goodness,

I lost 1 LB and I can't beleive it cause its TTOM and I feel huge but now of course I feel skinny . I was worried cause I went away with my mom and darling kids to a water park and thought I would go off plan and I didn't . Anyway, kids are home for March break till monday and I haven't even stressed eaten, so hopeful I can keep this up. Went to a spin class last night and boy oh boy, my butt and inner area is killing me. Hopeeveryone has a great day, and H[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Happy St. Patty's Day to all!!!

3darlingsmomma~ I hate when teachers wait until the end of school year to inform you of your child's struggles. My DS(7), has struggled in school since JK(He just wants to play al day, no working), and I have approached his teacher several times with a true concern for his progress and she just lets him continue to slip through the cracks. He needs more attention and we try at home but I'm not a teacher and its hard so, here's a for you. Hope your son and you can at least work together to improve his grade.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #27  
Lovin' Life!

Hi all,

Tomorrow ends my 3rd week of SBD P2....today is the first day that I'm feeling challenged. I feel myself wanting to break! I had two breakfasts today....one at home was Uncle Sam's with fresh strawberries. Then my gf calls wanting to meet so she can give me my FIVE BOXES OF GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. Ok so we go to a diner since she didn't eat and I got one egg and canadian bacon. I know I won't be hungry for lunch so maybe I can just get away with a snack til dinner. Oh and my workout got pushed out of the way.

Soon- good luck on your interview!

KO WTG on your workouts!

RNMOM Congrats on your new granddaughter! Very exciting.

3darlings Sorry about your son's grades. That's terrible that the teacher wasn't more helpful earlier on.

Sheba LOL about the shirt but congrats that it fits!

Crock Have a great weekend... Here's some willpower for you to get thru with what you've got!

Those celebrating, I hope you have a great time!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #28  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy Day of Irish Food and Drink!!!!

WAHOO!!!!!!!! My holiday has finally arrived! Not to send anyone over the edge or anything, but in an hour and a half, I will be having potato pancakes drizzled with white cheese sauce and drinking green beer. Today is my day! You girls just don't know how excited I am! This day helps me with my bridesmaid dress depression.

I will be wearing my green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" t-shirt and my red hair goes so well with it! Hopefully we'll get some good pictures and I'll be able to post one or two. Back to work! Hope everyone is great!!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!

And to all a good night.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Everyone,

Reading everyone's posts, found me contemplating drinking beer tonight. Guess I'll just stick with wine though (and let's hope that my willpower stays strong). The BF and I are going to Dave and Busters for a date and then meeting up with some friends at a local bar. Supposed to be rainy all weekend which stinks because it's South By Southwest (huge music festival) here in Austin and the BF is playing 2 shows.

Hope everyone has a great St Patrick's day.

WEEZLE IT IS SO NICE TO SEE YOU WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE! You are always smiling in your photo but I can just feel you smiling in your message.

Take care ladies.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #30  

Lookie here we got Leprauchans

Closed Thread