What about these?

• I found these 1 gram sugar for Low carb lifestyle Hershey bars. I'm wondering if they would be allowed. Here are the ingredients: Erythritol; inulin(fiber); chocolate; cocoa butter; polyglycitol syrup; cream; contains 2% or less of: soy lecithin; artificial flavor; and sucralose.

Nutrition facts: cals 130
    total fat: 11g
    sat fat 7g
    trans fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    Sodium 15 mg
    total carb 18g
    dietary fiber 7g
    sugars <1g
    sugar alcohols 10g
    protein 1g

So what do you think?
  • The short answer is

The sugar alcohols will probably give you the "runs" - known as the Hershey Squirts around here. The main focus of the South Beach Plan is to eat unprocessed foods, not low carb foods. When you get into phase II you will be able to have a bit of real chocolate that would be much more satisfying.

Erythritol, chocolate, cocoa butter, polyglycitol syrup and cream are not on this plan and what the heck kind of fiber is inulin? This is definitely FRANKENFOOD.
  • Inulin
    This is what I found in the internet.

(I thought it would be OK, because my favorite yogurt (Brown Cow) includes it and they are totally against artificial stuff.)

Inulin is major constituent of some of the most famous of the "old-standby" herbs, such as burdock root, dandelion root, elecampane root, chicory root, and the Chinese herb codonopsis. Botanically, inulin is a storage food in the plants of the Composite family... It is not digested or absorbed... Inulin is recommended sometimes for diabetics; it has a mildly sweet taste, and is filling like starchy foods, but because it is not absorbed, it does not affect blood sugar levels. Despite the similarity of its name to insulin, inulin has no connection with that hormone either chemically or through physiological activity.
  • PS--Hershey Bar

I am scared of the other stuff though. Used to eat them and would get the worst case of gas.